Review JLT2: Freo vs Eagles

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Man I hope we beat these flogs. The scratchie was good but doesn’t really count. This game will be a proper insight to round one teams - and by Bigfooty extrapolations, a guide for which team will definitely make finals, and which team wins the spoon.

Prediction: Dockers by 39pts
BOG: N.Fyfe
Most goals: Ballas (4)
Best first year player: A.Brayshaw

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
It's only a JLT but lets hope we can win this one to build on last weekends scratch match win. Go down and all the hype about us fielding a much more experienced team than them will be given some credibility? Freo in a close one.

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hope there isn't a raging breeze like last time allowing drop punts from the goal square to land in the centre circle, it would completely defeat the purpose of the match.

Looking a bit breezy on Sunday afternoon Taylor but more of a dry easterly wind compared to the prevailing sea breeze(freo doctor)

Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
PRS, Music Man, Mesa Boogie
What's the parking like at Joondalup? Looking at Google Maps there seems to be decent carpark at the ground but I'm wondering if it may be easier just to park at the big shopping center and walk the rest of the way - seems close enough...

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
My guess of how we will line up.

JLT squad (26):

FB: Sheppard Barrass Hurn
HB: Jetta McGovern Duggan
C: Sheed Redden Gaff
HF: Rioli Darling Cripps
FF: LeCras Waterman Ryan

R: Lycett Yeo Shuey

I: Schofield Cole Watson Venables Hutchings Ainsworth McInnes Partington/Masten

Injured or recovering (10):
Naitanui, Vardy, Kennedy, Mackenzie, Brander, Ah Chee, O. Allen, M. Allen, Petrucelle, Olango

Playing WAFL (9):
Masten/Partingon, Nelson, Brayshaw, Mutimer, Karpany, Rotham, Burrows, England, Bayok

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
My guess of how we will line up.

JLT squad (26):

FB: Sheppard Barrass Hurn
HB: Jetta McGovern Duggan
C: Sheed Redden Gaff
HF: Rioli Darling Cripps
FF: LeCras Waterman Ryan

R: Lycett Yeo Shuey

I: Schofield Cole Watson Venables Hutchings Ainsworth McInnes Partington/Masten

Injured or recovering (10):
Naitanui, Vardy, Kennedy, Mackenzie, Brander, Ah Chee, O. Allen, M. Allen, Petrucelle, Olango

Playing WAFL (9):
Masten/Partingon, Nelson, Brayshaw, Mutimer, Karpany, Rotham, Burrows, England, Bayok
So only 2-3 decent additions to come in from last week?

edit - 4-5 might be fairer - missed Gaff and Darling - and it wasn't even a grand final ;) Someone said you were missing 9 x B22 players the other day - that can't be right can it? There are only two players in your injury/playing WAFL list that would be B22 surely?

Last edited:

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
In from last week: Hurn, Darling, McGovern, Redden, Gaff, Cripps, LeCras, Shuey.

I'll let you be the judge of how many of them are decent.
Yeah sorry I missed a few - edited my post above. I honestly didn't pay much attention to who you guys played last weekend - I normally do. Thought Duggan was great - he seems to play well against Freo. And Brander looked ok as well. Not that you can tell that much when most of the players aren't going 100%.

Dirty_banchez

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
What's the parking like at Joondalup? Looking at Google Maps there seems to be decent carpark at the ground but I'm wondering if it may be easier just to park at the big shopping center and walk the rest of the way - seems close enough...

Plenty of parking in J-Town. Walk is fine unless you are morbidly obese.

Fun Fact: Joondalup has the nickname "J-Town" because the people of Joondalup are known for rolling the best Jays in Perth.

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’ll give it a shot for Freo, feel free to change

Sutcliffe Hamling Pearce

Ryan Johnson Wilson

Sheridan Mundy Langdon

Nat Fyfe Sandilands Neale

Walters Taberner Tucker

Ballantyne McCarthy Matera

Int
Brayshaw, Cox, Cerra, Banfield