Game Day JLT2 - Melbourne v St Kilda, Thursday 8 March, 7.05pm, Casey

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a healthy list and probably top 4 depth in the AFL. Our half forward flank options are Garlett Melksham Hannan Petracca Neal Bullen Fritsch Kent Vandenburg Harmes... All except Fritsch have Played good AFL footy for us so Balic needs to earn his spot
Exactly. Balic is way out of the equation. The absolute stand out HFF are Melksham and Harmes right now. It’s going to take a pretty big force to push these guys out.

We have a healthy list and probably top 4 depth in the AFL. Our half forward flank options are Garlett Melksham Hannan Petracca Neal Bullen Fritsch Kent Vandenburg Harmes... All except Fritsch have Played good AFL footy for us so Balic needs to earn his spot
Genuinely love "the way he goes about it", would be great to see him in the seniors.

Would be great to see him actually train.
I love the guy, but as far as I can make out he hasn’t appeared in training, even rehab group, for a year. I don’t think he is going to play for us again. My heart genuinely bleeds for him but I think he will be delisted after the expiry of his current contract.

I love the guy, but as far as I can make out he hasn’t appeared in training, even rehab group, for a year. I don’t think he is going to play for us again. My heart genuinely bleeds for him but I think he will be delisted after the expiry of his current contract.
I dunno, seems pretty unlikely that he'll be delisted midseason.

It's not looking great tho is it, another foot injury that looks to have ruined a career. If he can start running and play a game or two in the VFL by the end of the year, I'd be fine with re-rookie listing him, but it just seems so far off at this point.

Vbg is bog average - y’all definitely remembering him too fondly

If he was fit he would certainly be behind Hannan, Melksham, Petracca, Harmes and Garlett for a spot up forward.

But would he? Last time he was fit he was Best 22, who knows what he'd be with what is a significantly improved team around him. Tho it'll probably be a moot point anyway.

He was never a great kick. Always missing gettable goals and could barely move the ball 40m

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno, seems pretty unlikely that he'll be delisted midseason.

It's not looking great tho is it, another foot injury that looks to have ruined a career. If he can start running and play a game or two in the VFL by the end of the year, I'd be fine with re-rookie listing him, but it just seems so far off at this point.
No I’m not suggesting he will be delisted mid season. I’m thinking he will be delisted end of season - following a heap of effort with the injury that doesn’t work out to return a football-ready player.

I’d love him to prove me wrong though.

I do agree. How you get that though im not sure.

The happy medium probably is the interstate clubs and Geelong in Geelong. Not sure you can recreate that for Melbourne clubs. Especially when they play other vic teams

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think the AFL members area at the G makes it hard for MCG teams to create a home atmosphere... if we play St Kilda at Etihad they can force all of our fans into the nosebleed section and take up the lower areas for themself. However, at the MCG it is possible for AFL members supporting the other team to dominate one wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back