Oppo Camp JLT2 - The other games discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Which game are you looking forward to the most?

Cats bombers

Which player are you most looking forward to watching?

May, outside Melbourne Ratugolea

Which team needs to show the most?

Bombers

Which player needs to show the most?

No-one comes to mind

What will be Monday's headline?

No major injuries in JLT 2!

Hope you do this for each round of the real thing TheCount , like it as a weekly discussion thread.

Cats bombers

Bombers

No-one comes to mind

Hope you do this for each round of the real thing TheCount , like it as a weekly discussion thread.
Yeah thats the plan mate, thought I'd trial it for JLT, and see how it goes for the season proper. I'm absolutely open to any other weekly questions anyone else can think of also?

Meanwhile ... "Which player needs to show the most?" ... just from this game, I'd argue that Parish would probably want to do a bit more tonight than he did last week, lest he gets squeezed out of their Round 1 team.

Bombers won't kick over 70pt tonight, Geelong are so good at squeezing teams on this ground. Unless you've got a midfield that can beat theirs you'll really struggle to score. Hardest ground in the league for transition teams like Bombers/Giants/Eagles etc

So Dwayne Russell is complaining about the studs up free kick against Smith, talking about whether he meant to make contact etc ... but lets all wait and see how long it takes him to complain about some other free kick that requires an interpretation. If the studs up free kick is just for when the boot comes up with an opponent there, it'll shut it out of the game completely, but if you want the umpire to determine if the player meant to make contact or not (which I'd be surprised if many - if any would) it's just asking for trouble

Not watching but no goals to Daniher is interesting? Thought the 6 6 6 would be ti his advantage woth his height? Especially since they are winnkng centre clearances.

Coming back from injury I'd give him a couple months, but geez the bombers look pedestrian.
They've been hyped so much over summer. Would be very entertaining if they disappointed again.

Geelong looked just like Geelong. Slow and really not able to transition the ball especially freely. Essendon looked pretty horrible in most ways. That Ridley bloke was okay and Stringer played an okay Stringer sort of game. Tippa at least puts a spot of desperation into any task he has going, though his disposal was a tad rusty. But Bombers look really ordinary. Might be a JLT thing I guess. But even on their good days I think their a one-dimensional team. When they get a run off the half back and move the ball well they look great, but unless they plan to win a premiership off the turnover in the oppositions forward half, I’m not too certain what else they have to offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So our Round 1 team looks fairly complete. I'm guessing Preuss wont play. So I'm guessing this will be the side come Round 1 barring injury.

Hibberd May Jetta
Lewis OMac Fritsch
Brayshaw Harmes Salem
Petracca Weid Melksham
Spargo TMac ANB
Gawn Viney Oliver

Jones Vandenberg JSmith Hunt

I backed Hunt in, but he has to start showing something starting this wknd. I'm going with Preuss out. And i think they'll play JSmith as tge third tall in the F50 who can be a swingman. Looks a great team on paper. Even better if Hunt can find form and JSmith can do some damage as a third tall. A touch slow in the back half which worries me. That's why Hunt plays for mine..

Geelong looked just like Geelong. Slow and really not able to transition the ball especially freely. Essendon looked pretty horrible in most ways. That Ridley bloke was okay and Stringer played an okay Stringer sort of game. Tippa at least puts a spot of desperation into any task he has going, though his disposal was a tad rusty. But Bombers look really ordinary. Might be a JLT thing I guess. But even on their good days I think their a one-dimensional team. When they get a run off the half back and move the ball well they look great, but unless they plan to win a premiership off the turnover in the oppositions forward half, I’m not too certain what else they have to offer.
Holy s**t it's just like us under Bailey.

Holy s**t it's just like us under Bailey.
Good grief. Not so very unlike. Only difference it we sometimes started each sequence off with Jamar getting a good tap to Maloney, who would then proceed to bomb it forward to nobody in particular in a full Brayshaw-style flourish

Good grief. Not so very unlike. Only difference it we sometimes started each sequence off with Jamar getting a good tap to Maloney, who would then proceed to bomb it forward to nobody in particular in a full Brayshaw-style flourish

It was 05 I think when every long Moloney kick was marked by Robbo. * Robbo was underrated. Still the best pound for pound mark I've seen at Melbourne and I'm not talking about his hangers but his ability to use his body to protect the ball

Cats bombers

Bombers

No-one comes to mind

tbt when Ratugolea pantsed Lever last year

I wonder if Stringer will ever get back to his best?
He was just as talented as Bont at one point but seems to have lost something. His AA season was sensational
I remember On the Couch running an ongoing vote for panelists in what must have been 2016, Stringer vs Hogan. They were the two hottest commodities in football at the time. Stringer has turned to pedestrian since then and although Hogan has been pretty good, I don't think his stocks have risen either. Stringer was a one season wonder and won't ever get back to that level IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back