JLT2 vs Saints

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Patty McCartin another concussion

That is no good at all, he was starting to look like breaking out
Him and Picken need to retire. This could end up being an NFL-like situation down the track if the AFL don't start taking concussions seriously.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Him and Picken need to retire. This could end up being an NFL-like situation down the track if the AFL don't start taking concussions seriously.

I think McCartin and Braydhaw show that certain people are more prone to concussions than others and footy isn’t the root issue but clearly these people should be very wary playing a contact sport

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yes it does solve the problem. The arguers are reducing in number, it’s mainly newbies now.

No it’s not

Its the same 6 odd people that target me every day and the mods know it which is why I haven’t been banned. I could name them but won’t

Perhaps have a chat to them and ask them to stop constantly coming at me even when on ignore.

There are literally people I have on ignore that carry out convos about me that I’m not even involved in.

Two sides to the fence mate

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Do we try Trengove back english ruck and bite the bullet and throw Naughty forward? That way we have two rucks in the team without touching Naughty/Schache or the smalls which is a bonus.
I’d rather expose Lewis Young. Trengove too slow for the backline IMO.
Really needed to recruit another key defender with Adams departure

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
One thing is certain. Bevo is going to get caned either way if we continue losing. That's probably fair enough, mind you, especially if you're the obdurate "my way or the highway" sort of coach that Bev is.

Some blame him for sticking with a game plan that's no longer relevant and applicable. Others blame him for changing the game plan straight after winning a flag.

So which one is it?
Are we able to say this definitively or has he been unfairly labelled as such?

RedWhite&Blue

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2005
Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I caved this morning and put him on ignore. His draining of everyone’s life is now horrendously unbearable.
It’s a puzzle how he claims to be a bulldog fan yet shits on the whole club and playing list every chance he gets.
I truly pity his family and work colleagues.

Edit: I’ve also noticed that when we’re winning and playing well he’s nowhere to be seen, yet when we’re losing he’s flat out on here spewing his hatred of the club all over BF.
I’m certain he’s not even a bulldog supporter.

Just ignore him. I did a few months ago and Bigfooty’s became bearable again... even enjoyable. It is weird though still seeing people’s replies to him without seeing his posts for context.
Fact: he offers nothing at all.
Remedy: ignore him immediately.

Are we able to say this definitively or has he been unfairly labelled as such?
Good question. He’s certainly been painted that way on anecdotal evidence. Being stubborn and single minded can of course be a desirable trait in many situations.

He doesn’t reveal much when interviewed and there’s not much evidence that he has lost the support of players or the administration (despite a few speculative comments I’ve seen on BF).

My point is not so much whether it’s a good or a bad thing but that if you insist on everything being done your way then you take most of the credit if it goes well and nearly all the blame if it goes badly.

Bevo got a heap of credit in 2016. He’ll be wanting it to go well this year after a couple of seasons in the wilderness.

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
Definitely the latter. Bev has high expectations for certain things, meet them and you're all good. Don't, then don't bother.

Obviously then Bev's expectations with regards to foot skills (disposal by foot) must be pretty low because going by what you say there would be no one left bar one or two players.

Our foot skills are shyte and this is our biggest issue, no wonder why we handball so much because putting it simply we can't kick.

Last edited:

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My point is not so much whether it’s a good or a bad thing but that if you insist on everything being done your way then you take most of the credit if it goes well and nearly all the blame if it goes badly.

Bevo got a heap of credit in 2016. He’ll be wanting it to go well this year after a couple of seasons in the wilderness.
I just havent seen enough evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, to be able to accept as a given that this is how he operates.
He may be very consultative and open to challenge but rightly has the final say.
Youd have to be on the inside to know.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I just havent seen enough evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, to be able to accept as a given that this is how he operates.
He may be very consultative and open to challenge but rightly has the final say.
Youd have to be on the inside to know.

There is a fair amount of evidence to say that once he makes a decision right or wrong that’s it.

Starting with Jake who by most accounts was more than willing to do anything to stay at the club and Bev wouldn’t even sit down with him once the call was made.

It’s seems to be a growing whisper that he has a completely different man management style to 2015-16 as e thought the players acting up out of footy were taking advantage of his good nature. Many think he has gone to far and alienated some players and that is part of the current discord.

Who knows but it does make some sense

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just ignore him. I did a few months ago and Bigfooty’s became bearable again... even enjoyable. It is weird though still seeing people’s replies to him without seeing his posts for context.

Yet you continue to discuss me lol

You blokes can’t even see it

The Buck

All Australian
Sep 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No it’s not

Its the same 6 odd people that target me every day and the mods know it which is why I haven’t been banned. I could name them but won’t

Perhaps have a chat to them and ask them to stop constantly coming at me even when on ignore.

There are literally people I have on ignore that carry out convos about me that I’m not even involved in.

Two sides to the fence mate

1552296685581.png

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Yeah, agree. I should’ve pushed the detonator earlier

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Definitely the latter. Bev has high expectations for certain things, meet them and you're all good. Don't, then don't bother.

Which is how it should be at the highest level of professional sports.
It’s strange it doesn’t sit well with some on here. If you have anyone in a sporting organisation not buying in and pulling in a different direction it’ll turn out terribly and they should be straightened out or shipped off. Pretty simple.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For group harmony I won’t post on this thread again but perhaps posters shouldn’t abuse me and then sook it up when I reply. I’m the only person in here not permitted to defend themselves by some.

And those that are actully ignoring me DONT TALK ABOUT ME

It defeats the purpose so have a great evening ladies

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
Bevo was just laying out the smoke screens. We are going to magically change our kick to handball ratio in Round 1 and all our forwards are going to have a picnic.

He’s not Machiavelli.

One thing is certain. Bevo is going to get caned either way if we continue losing. That's probably fair enough, mind you, especially if you're the obdurate "my way or the highway" sort of coach that Bev is.

Some blame him for sticking with a game plan that's no longer relevant and applicable. Others blame him for changing the game plan straight after winning a flag.

So which one is it?

It’s kind of both actually, he changed it in 2017 and hasn’t since then.

I feel honestly that 2016 had a hybrid version of the men of mayhem and the current style with elements of both. I think squad issues make that no longer possible, but definitely men of mayhem is. Will that support the ongoing development of the group though?

There is a fair amount of evidence to say that once he makes a decision right or wrong that’s it.

Starting with Jake who by most accounts was more than willing to do anything to stay at the club and Bev wouldn’t even sit down with him once the call was made.

It’s seems to be a growing whisper that he has a completely different man management style to 2015-16 as e thought the players acting up out of footy were taking advantage of his good nature. Many think he has gone to far and alienated some players and that is part of the current discord.

Who knows but it does make some sense

Please. Not this canard again. Anybody with even the most tangental of contacts within the club or indeed with posters of good repute here would understand that the Stringer situation was completely untenable. Good for him that from the outside he seems to have somewhat turned his life around at another club, but there was just no way short of a senior player (who Beveridge quite rightly backed) clean out that it could've happened at ours.

I seem to recall that some of the comments now emerging about Beveridge's supposed lack of consulting and obstinance were directed similarly at Nathan Buckley not too long ago. Was Buckley really like this? Did he change his approach? Were the perceptions incorrect and other dynamics were at play?
If I'm a member of the jury to reach a decision regarding Beveridge, I'll reserve my verdict until further evidence.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It strikes me that what is missing is that the team displays no joy
During 2015/16 there was a spirit
Maybe it’s winning makes it look like it’s there or makes it actually happen
But we appear to me too professional and lacking any panache
the list management post 2016 seems to have been intent on eradicating spirited players too.

Please. Not this canard again. Anybody with even the most tangental of contacts within the club or indeed with posters of good repute here would understand that the Stringer situation was completely untenable. Good for him that from the outside he seems to have somewhat turned his life around at another club, but there was just no way short of a senior player (who Beveridge quite rightly backed) clean out that it could've happened at ours.
Stringer and Libba were given very similar end of season assessments.
Libba takes it on board and comes back from his holiday two weeks early to train., Stringer sooks, gets called out by his own teammates on Instagram, and leaves.

Back