Play Nice Jobe Watson to retire (no WADA/ASADA debates)

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know why everyone is being such a dick about Jobe's barista career?

He likes making coffee. He likes travelling. He'll do both really soon.

I know I've thrown a lot of stones at Essendon over the last few years - but Jobe Watson is actually a bloody ripping bloke. Made a lot of mistakes during the saga and the guy is actually amazingly clear about that if you speak to him.

During the drug saga he was the only one that came out and tried to be honest (within the confines of what all the puppet masters would let him say). Nobody else was doing that - everyone else lying low and ducking for cover.

The guy is cooked. 3 possessions in the last half last night. Doesn't look like he wants to be there. Doesn't look like he can perform. Let him go - save the outrage for the admin and ringleaders of the drug program.

Again, why do YOU deserve one? What loss or hardship did the saga cause you? Jobe doesn't owe anyone s**t. The players were as much a victim of this saga as anyone.

It's not a private sport where 2 teams say they'll have a go against each other at the local park on Sunday, players are only drawing a salary because money comes into the league via memberships and eyes glued to the tv. I pay a membership, I also account for fox dollars paying for salary, airfares, umpiring and a range of other things. They didn't attempt to cheat themselves, but everyone else - and using my dollar.

This is an opinions board. So you are entitled to your opinion that he is a victim, but I disagree there. He wasn't asleep - chose to omit pertinent details on control forms, helped in sidelining the club doctor from the process, was therefore a willing accomplice and therefore no victim.

We obviously disagree, but I suggest that you are not objective, are wearing red tinted glasses with a black frame and would have a completely different view if it happened to a different club and captain. I'm responding to your questions, but It is time for you to stop doing that in this thread, in any event I won't respond further - it is not a place for debate as requested by the moderator.

Don't know why everyone is being such a dick about Jobe's barista career?

He likes making coffee. He likes travelling. He'll do both really soon.

I know I've thrown a lot of stones at Essendon over the last few years - but Jobe Watson is actually a bloody ripping bloke. Made a lot of mistakes during the saga and the guy is actually amazingly clear about that if you speak to him.

During the drug saga he was the only one that came out and tried to be honest (within the confines of what all the puppet masters would let him say). Nobody else was doing that - everyone else lying low and ducking for cover.

The guy is cooked. 3 possessions in the last half last night. Doesn't look like he wants to be there. Doesn't look like he can perform. Let him go - save the outrage for the admin and ringleaders of the drug program.
Boo friggin hoo :'(

Carried a whole midfield for nearly a decade and captained the club. Such a big body and so much time in traffic. An absolute gun of a player, a great leader and a fantastic human being. I feel very sorry for him that he was leading the player group when this sorry affair unfolded. Jobe was playing high quality football from 2006, but it took a lot of fans a long time to catch on. He was one of the premier mids from 2009 until the saga took it out of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always liked Jobe and despite all the drug thing belive he is a fairly honest bloke and has been a great leader.

Be interested to see if Essendon supporters come up with some wanky tribute for his last game a la the Michael Long double Black Armband worn on the wrist tribute in the 2001 Grand Final.

...maybe another march to the G' ?

Ok - well that answers that then.

Thank God - No wanky tribute for Watson

.....instead 4000 Essendon supporters will don a paper Watson mask at the 4 minute mark of each quarter. :rolleyes:

.....instead 4000 Essendon supporters will don a paper Watson mask at the 4 minute mark of each quarter. :rolleyes:
Why do you care what Essendon do at an Essendon game?

And why the * would you care what Essendon fans do at an Essendon home game?

on the plus side - i can handle this sort of administrative f.up of a move compared to some of the recent stuff we've endured
on the down side - it's still s**t

Why not instead whip us into a frenzy to put Freo off in a must win game for finals and prolong Jobe's career longer?
Etihad is perfect to pack out and get a loud supporter base behind the team and influencing the umps/putting the opposition off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back