Jobeism

Remove this Banner Ad

Indeed look at the gallery of idiots they roll out each weekend.
Adultery ✔️
Sexual Assualt ✔️
Homophobia ✔️
Racism ✔️
Doping ✔️

Got most bases covered now. Could’ve nailed most of them with just Sam Newman, but couldn’t afford him.

Did he mean modus operandi?
Got confused with the audio from umpires mics and the stand stand stand?

In his head he was choosing between standard operating procedure and modus operandi, couldn't decide in real time so just mashed them together.

Sometimes mashups can be a beautiful thing, but this is not one of those times.

Channel7 should lose the AFL media rights after such a appalling hire.

The problem is they just don’t give a *. It’s one of those situations where it doesn’t matter how you treat your customers, it doesn’t affect them coming back. All that matters is they pay the AFL for the rights. It’s why we have such appalling coverage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Isaac Heeney dropped a mark that he would usually kick" destroyed me. The line itself, coupled with the fact that it was actually Warner... just.. wow.

He made Luke Darcy sound coherent which is quite something.

The team of Hamish, Darcy, Jobe and Jude Bolton is one of the worst I have heard I reckon.

he slightly struggles to pronounce interpretation, who cares

dropped a mark he would have kicked (the goal) we all know what he meant

which team can outwear/outlast/wear out the other one... meh. Again we know what he meant

Honestly I don’t think this he’s as bad as what you’re making out to be... standus operatus aside... ok that one’s just weird. I’d still take him over Ling though.
Making a mess of the language would be ok if he could provide any insight in the special comments role. The problem is that he doesn't do that either

Hodge isn't that much better at speaking but he will point out things in the game that have happened that give some knowledge to the listener

This is why I've stopped watching Channel 7 this year. The commentary team is filled with either horrible callers or good callers that are clearly reading off a script and following directions from producers about what to highlight and discuss over the course of a broadcast. I think the team would benefit from a list cut paired with the introduction of a couple more professional broadcasters who maybe can't offer the same insight as an ex-footballer but can at least call a game smoothly and articulately.

In his head he was choosing between standard operating procedure and modus operandi, couldn't decide in real time so just mashed them together.

Sometimes mashups can be a beautiful thing, but this is not one of those times.

I think you have almost nailed this but you may have overlooked one small but crucial element. My reading is that he has thought “standard operating procedure” doesn’t sound clever enough and is a bit boring, so I will go for the other term I am always getting a bit confused with that means something similar and sounds impressive, “modus operandi.” Then having built up a massive head of steam with it and realising it was too late to pull out, but that "standus operandi" just doesn’t sound right, he has sort of done what in skateboarding terms would be called a fakey finish, and stitched a nice bit of the word “apparatus" onto the end to make it roll off the tongue more readily, and after all apparatus sounds a little bit like operation/operandi, so it must belong in there somewhere.

Through some gifted mental process like this he has thus produced a spectacular hybrid cum “tribrid” term that in one flourish of the tongue manages to completely mangle two languages jointly and severally. 😂

Last edited:
he slightly struggles to pronounce interpretation, who cares

dropped a mark he would have kicked (the goal) we all know what he meant

which team can outwear/outlast/wear out the other one... meh. Again we know what he meant

Honestly I don’t think this he’s as bad as what you’re making out to be... standus operatus aside... ok that one’s just weird. I’d still take him over Ling though.
"we know what he meant"??

It's literally his job to articulate stuff! It's the one thing he is there to do!

Last edited:
Hoping Jobiwan gives us more, he will

Standus Operatus

Interprrretating

Dropped a mark that he woulda kicked

which team can outwear the other one

All this from one game...cant wait to see his season highlights!!
Should really cut the guy some slack though as apparently he can make a coffee. Well so I hear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back