Jobeism

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone translate or even better transcribe the soliloquy he gave just before half time?

It was pure frontier jibberish.

Edit: CaptchaProofBot's post above was the start of it.

(Paraphrasing slightly) 'More marks to the Cats inside 50, that's the discre......tion between the teams'.

Edit: Sandra Sully'ed, twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After Jones kicked his goal he started a ramble about how impressive he’s been playing as a small forward since he was brought in to cover Butters injury. Jones has been playing as a defender all year til the last quarter of tonight’s game when he was thrown forward cause he was having a mare. Jobe could not have been more wrong if he tried.

After Jones kicked his goal he started a ramble about how impressive he’s been playing as a small forward since he was brought in to cover Butters injury. Jones has been playing as a defender all year til the last quarter of tonight’s game when he was thrown forward cause he was having a mare. Jobe could not have been more wrong if he tried.

I wasn't sure because haven't watched many Port games but something didn't add up when I heard Jobe mention him being impressive playing the small forward role but they also just said it was his first AFL goal -

yeah you're not impressing as a small forward if it's taken 5 games to score your first goal

Jesus Christ. There have been some truly awful 'special comments' people over the years. Tony Shaw, Glen Jacovic, Mark Ricciuto, etc. but this air head manages to be comfortably worse than all of them. Literally awkward to listen to.

Last edited:
There was another good one last night where he said "they've passed the gauntlet" or something similar. The expression is "thrown down the gauntlet".

I also like when another commentator feeds a line out to Jobe because he hasn't said anything for a while, but it's just dead silent so they have to ask again, but this time specifically asking Jobe a question, and his answer is always something in depth like "yep".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back