Jobkeeper payment

DashinD

All Australian
Sep 5, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A moment ago
Hello
I have a question in regards to the jobseeker Payment.. I’m hoping someone on the same or similar boat might be able to share some info, which I’m finding a bit vague and confusing from the ATO page and information sheets.
Sorry if this has been previously covered. Or if there is a more appropriate board or thread please point me in that direction.

I am a self employed sole trader. No other employees. My business has revenue has 100% dropped off since end of Feb. no income at all.
I believe I satisfy all the requirements for the jobseeker payment and have enrolled my business for one fortnightly payment - for me.

my question is - is there an approval process now that I’m enrolled? And do I have too “pay myself” $1500/ft with STP software so I can do the monthly report and be reimbursed?
Also my fortnightly income last financial year was around $1200 (not $1500), so wondering how this affects the payment.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has some expertise they are willing to share on this.

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
A moment ago
Hello
I have a question in regards to the jobseeker Payment.. I’m hoping someone on the same or similar boat might be able to share some info, which I’m finding a bit vague and confusing from the ATO page and information sheets.
Sorry if this has been previously covered. Or if there is a more appropriate board or thread please point me in that direction.

I am a self employed sole trader. No other employees. My business has revenue has 100% dropped off since end of Feb. no income at all.
I believe I satisfy all the requirements for the jobseeker payment and have enrolled my business for one fortnightly payment - for me.

my question is - is there an approval process now that I’m enrolled? And do I have too “pay myself” $1500/ft with STP software so I can do the monthly report and be reimbursed?
Also my fortnightly income last financial year was around $1200 (not $1500), so wondering how this affects the payment.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has some expertise they are willing to share on this.

I haven’t looked into sole traders, but I believe the ATO will be in touch if you are eligible.

For ordinary businesses, they will pay their employees the $1500 per fortnight and report this to the ATO when they lodge their fortnightly STP report and at the beginning of the following month, they will be reimbursed for what they have paid under JobKeeper during the perfections month.

It doesn’t matter if somebody wasn’t earning $1500 per fortnight, they will still receive this amount and the business will be reimbursed by this amount.

A moment ago
Hello

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
I haven’t looked into sole traders, but I believe the ATO will be in touch if you are eligible.

For ordinary businesses, they will pay their employees the $1500 per fortnight and report this to the ATO when they lodge their fortnightly STP report and at the beginning of the following month, they will be reimbursed for what they have paid under JobKeeper during the perfections month.

It doesn’t matter if somebody wasn’t earning $1500 per fortnight, they will still receive this amount and the business will be reimbursed by this amount.
It doesn't matter but some dodgy employers asking employees to do more hours or they won't claim for them

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats

Including 16 year olds doing 1 shift a week. It's sheer madness how shoddily this has been implemented

Including 16 year olds doing 1 shift a week. It's sheer madness how shoddily this has been implemented
I heard one example - a uni student who has been doing one shift a week in their parent’s business for 13 months can get the payment. A single mum who has been working basically full time hours as a casual for 11 months can’t get the payment.

Caj

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2004
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
A moment ago
Hello

No need to pay yourself through STP

Log on to the Business Portal and apply through there (which you appear to have already done)

Your revenue amount is irrelevant so long as you satisfy the eligibility criteria of a 30% decrease

If you have done everything correctly, its simply a matter of waiting for payment. You can contact the ATO directly if you want to chase them up for a status update

If you need any further help, send me a PM

Back