Delisted Jock Cornell (2016-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

So close to being "strop" from World Series Cricket days. That's why it rang a bell to me anyway...
Cornell is from NSW, NSFB!!!

Just want to ensure you are aware of that very important fact! :p Comes from one of the oldest clubs too :hearts:

jock-1.jpg

“Our local clubs wouldn’t have even started training yet so if it wasn’t for the GIANTS Academy training that we did for about six weeks before Christmas, who knows where I would be at the moment, probably a lot further behind these boys,” – Jock Cornell.
http://aflnswact.com.au/cornell-hopes-to-hear-his-name-on-draft-day/

Sure it's Stephen Handley? Handley was a wirey 194-197cm KP player with ordinary disposal - Cornell is a solid, mid 180's half forward with very good disposal. Struggling to see any likeness.

You need to spend some time at LOTI with us before the game.

Nickname has to be Strop surely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That one occurred to me too.
You may be showing your age there tkoajd12

Thanks guys! As a NSW Cat, I'm pretty excited! Over the moon actually!

I think he's a great choice, lots of posters here have been begging for a smallish forward.

The AFL website said Cornell has developed into a utility, is that correct?

Roams the wings a bit, goes forward - haven't seen him play down back or through the middle, though that doesn't mean he can't (but then I've only seen him play a few NEAFL games in the curtain raisers at home so anything is possible)

Was not aware of that….

Thanks…

Just sounds like an old school player… the kind that FredLeDeux and The rabbi used to watch as kids...

Jock Cornell….

Has that classic ring to it.

Means bupkis of course but hell, get around him!

GO Catters
Jock to Wylie

Really like the highlights of both Cornell and Parsons. Only highlights sure, but both seem to be very well-skilled and also good decision makers. Good to see us getting back to that type, Hawthorn have oodles of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

70. Jock CORNELL

Mangoplah CUE | 2/4/97 | Ht: 186 | Wt: 84
“Johnson ‘Jock’ Cornell is a high-level talent from a very young age. Has really worked extremely hard this year to present himself well. Inside mid that can play as a marking forward or as a rebounding defender. He doesn’t need many touches to impact a game or hurt you but he doesn’t have many touches either. He’s one that you need to watch the vision, cause you come away thinking he didn’t do much and then you look at the vision and all the stats, and he’s kicked two or three from 10 kicks. Really impressive type in terms of the way he applies himself and has this year.“ – NSW/ACT talent manager Darren Denneman
If not him, who else? Gach Nyoun.

Source: http://www.sen.com.au/news/11-15/bretts-final-2015-afl-mock-draft#bGvVBSYchjYFlJdS.99

70. Jock CORNELL

Mangoplah CUE | 2/4/97 | Ht: 186 | Wt: 84
“Johnson ‘Jock’ Cornell is a high-level talent from a very young age. Has really worked extremely hard this year to present himself well. Inside mid that can play as a marking forward or as a rebounding defender. He doesn’t need many touches to impact a game or hurt you but he doesn’t have many touches either. He’s one that you need to watch the vision, cause you come away thinking he didn’t do much and then you look at the vision and all the stats, and he’s kicked two or three from 10 kicks. Really impressive type in terms of the way he applies himself and has this year.“ – NSW/ACT talent manager Darren Denneman
If not him, who else? Gach Nyoun.

Source: http://www.sen.com.au/news/11-15/bretts-final-2015-afl-mock-draft#bGvVBSYchjYFlJdS.99
I do like the sound of all of his talents! :thumbsu: :rainbow:

I'm a big fan of Jock. While he has probably made his name in the forward half, during the limited times he ran through the middle for NSW, he really impressed me at the stoppages. He was involved in some clean, sharp clearances and looked calm in tight. I'm not sure of his endurance, but he has some tools to develop into a prolific big bodied midfielder. His overhead ability would also make him very dangerous around the ground on smaller opponents. I would have happily picked him in the ND to be honest. Bargain.

I'm a big fan of Jock. While he has probably made his name in the forward half, during the limited times he ran through the middle for NSW, he really impressed me at the stoppages. He was involved in some clean, sharp clearances and looked calm in tight. I'm not sure of his endurance, but he has some tools to develop into a prolific big bodied midfielder. His overhead ability would also make him very dangerous around the ground on smaller opponents. I would have happily picked him in the ND to be honest. Bargain.

Bit Bartelish? I see a little bit of Jimmy in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back