Delisted Jock Cornell (2016-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

There may be less scope for growth but at the same time they are more mature both mentally and physically. Imo Ruggles is a good chance of promotion, more so than others although not guaranteed.

If you look at it this way, at 23 why would we rookie him to just sit in the vfl when he was already in our vfl side? If that was the intention we'd have taken a punt on another 18yo in the RD. That says to me Ruggles could very well be one of the promoted rookies.

It's no different from us rooking Sherringham and Simpkin, after strong VFL form. Both were treated as depth and didn't get much opportunity.

There are many benefits to rooking players from our VFL list. It would help us recruit more talented players onto our VFL list. It would also encourage those players to stick around longer.

Cowan an option off half back Chook?
An option for sure, I'd pray he's not in the rehab group past Christmas. Even if he isn't, has anyone even seen enough from him to know he's a better option than Ruggles might be as first reserve small defender?

It's no different from us rooking Sherringham and Simpkin, after strong VFL form. Both were treated as depth and didn't get much opportunity.

There are many benefits to rooking players from our VFL list. It would help us recruit more talented players onto our VFL list. It would also encourage those players to stick around longer.
The list depth was a little deeper than it is now though when those two were here.

Some more regular VFL watchers than I could confirm but from what I can gather Ruggles is a small defender?

Assuming that's correct it is an area in which we lack many options. Bews is good at shutting down but lacks that rebound ability and endurance. Guthrie, he's my choice alongside Boris but not many agree on here that Guthers should go back.

So that leaves Bartel and Smedts both of whom many on here bemoan their selection in defence and openly pine for them to play forward-ish next season.
If S.Selwood is a shoe-in best 22 player next year then I reckon Guthrie goes back with Motlop forward with both of them rotating through the midfield.

I've been hearing peopl say Caddy Selwood Dangerfield centre with Scooter and Duncan on the wings? Of course if they are all fit

If S.Selwood is a shoe-in best 22 player next year then I reckon Guthrie goes back with Motlop forward with both of them rotating through the midfield.

I've been hearing peopl say Caddy Selwood Dangerfield centre with Scooter and Duncan on the wings? Of course if they are all fit
Caddy would be my last picked mid from those named. He'll make a great forward flanker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The following SEN Inside Football Player Ratings makes me think this bloke is rising quickly.

Rd 4 - VFL - Early goal but wasn’t prominent as part of the midfield rotation.
Rd 5 - VFL - Won the ball well in the midfield and produced his best display as a Cat.
Rd 6 - VFL - Three goals and named as the Cats’ best in breakout performance.

Can anyone that's seen Jock play this year give an opinion? He was very impressive in the U18 Champs last year.

The following SEN Inside Football Player Ratings makes me think this bloke is rising quickly.

Rd 4 - VFL - Early goal but wasn’t prominent as part of the midfield rotation.
Rd 5 - VFL - Won the ball well in the midfield and produced his best display as a Cat.
Rd 6 - VFL - Three goals and named as the Cats’ best in breakout performance.

Can anyone that's seen Jock play this year give an opinion? He was very impressive in the U18 Champs last year.
Like the direction he is heading. Not expecting much from him this year to to see he's making progress is a good thing.

GO Catters

Last edited:
Did not expect this. I considered him the one that got away

Something must have not been getting done. We have 2 open senior spots and no real pressure to clear Rookies off the list so he had time IMO.

I liked his work early in the year but clearly it fell away - he was one that I had earmarked to keep an eye on for development over time.

GO Catters

On the bright side, the most promising rookie is still on the list, and unlike last season, will start his pre-season injury free. I will be watching him closely.
Go the PARSONS!!

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back