noddy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 21, 2002
Land of the Big Red Cloud
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
/The Bays/Man U
Off the main topic for a while but did any of you guys get a pressie from Santa Clause besides jocks & socks??

From my better half as well as from my son & daughter socks & 3 pairs of Crows satin boxer shorts [again] not that i mind to much but a dvd player or maybe a new computer wouldn't go astray,

just wondering if there are others like me who have to say "great just what i need" on christmas day with a lovin smile.

ps, please don't get the idea that i'm ungratefull it's just maybe for a change a little variety in my stocking would be nice,

Thus far...

My 9 yo cousin gave me a block of chocolate
my 15 to cousin gave me the androids "i wanna sleep with madonna" single.
$100 Big W Voucher which can also be used at wollies, **** smith, tandy's
$50 from my Uncle - which will probably go towards the Crows 2002 DVD, which is the main thing I was after.

I'll get presents from my Mother, brother and sister when I get to QLD. I'll also be sending off the $$ for my cat 2 members ticket for 2003 within the week.

Jerome

Originally posted by noddy
Off the main topic for a while but did any of you guys get a pressie from Santa Clause besides jocks & socks??

From my better half as well as from my son & daughter socks & 3 pairs of Crows satin boxer shorts [again] not that i mind to much but a dvd player or maybe a new computer wouldn't go astray,

just wondering if there are others like me who have to say "great just what i need" on christmas day with a lovin smile.

ps, please don't get the idea that i'm ungratefull it's just maybe for a change a little variety in my stocking would be nice,

My wife's nanna, who sadly is dead now, was a lovely lovely lady. But 12 handkerchiefs for birthday presents and another 12 for Christmas was just too much!!! Especially as I use tissues!!!

When she died I had to fight the urge to bury the 300 plus hankies with her!! :D

I know where you're coming from noddy. I think the standard line of "just what I needed" accompanied by a watery smile was wearing bloody thin by the time I had received the 300th damn hankie!! ;)

I did get a digital camera for Chrissie this year. The missus put it on the bank card so I'll have to pay for it - at least those hankies were free!! :)

I got the new Russell Athletc Home guernsey which is cool and also the season 2002 DVD. I also got a white Crows training shirt for my pre-season training I have to do this year. So all in all, some money has gone back into the club this Christmas.

The DVD is pretty good. Not many highlights of our losses which is what I like but a lot from our wins. Bickley gives an insight into every game. The comment on the back of the box is really good "Next year is sure to be the Year of the Crow". I liked it personally. There is no voice-over this year so if you've forgotten things which happened mid-week or something eg injuries, off-field things, they don't tell you again.

Strange, b/c this Christmas I actually got my first pair of socks as a present. In all honesty, I had never got any jocks and socks before, so I guess thats a good thing there.

Hey sb, how many hours of stuff is there on the DVD (3 hours or so?)? Did they have the B&F stuff on there too?

Originally posted by snakebite01
I got the new Russell Athletc Home guernsey which is cool and also the season 2002 DVD. I also got a white Crows training shirt for my pre-season training I have to do this year. So all in all, some money has gone back into the club this Christmas.

The DVD is pretty good. Not many highlights of our losses which is what I like but a lot from our wins. Bickley gives an insight into every game. The comment on the back of the box is really good "Next year is sure to be the Year of the Crow". I liked it personally. There is no voice-over this year so if you've forgotten things which happened mid-week or something eg injuries, off-field things, they don't tell you again.

I got a new home guernsey as well - it is just begging to have 19 put on the back! I also got the 2002 Season Highlights DVD, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I am itching too! I am a bit miffed though, the one thing I actually asked for, I didn't get :( I wanted the Crows 2003 calender. I tried to get it today but it was all sold out :mad: I am hoping I will find it somewhere!

k
xx

Originally posted by crowsfan

Hey sb, how many hours of stuff is there on the DVD (3 hours or so?)? Did they have the B&F stuff on there too?

It's about 2 hours of football from the season. It has an introduction from Bicks before each game and one at the very start and end. The first round shows nearly every goal but it is not the same for the rest. There is only 1 0r 2 highlights each for our losses with Bickley talking over the commentary in our losses. They show alot from our wins which is good and Bicks gives a great insight into the season and what had to be done etc. It's a good DVD, but then again it could have improvements, like for instance a voice-over, a bit from pre-season, a scoreboard with goal kckers/best players after each game. There wasn't much graphical detail, just 2 solid hours of footy which is what people want I guess.

Thanks for the run-down sb. I'll take a look into that. Hopefully there's still some left lying around in a few stores still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back