Jodie Sizer for President

Remove this Banner Ad

Fmd we’ve downplayed Richmond’s list every since Treloar picked us over them, surely by now we’d just accept it’s quality.
It's the best list for playing their style of footy. And their style of footy is currently dominant, so I agree with you that it's the best list.

But I also get why Carringbush2010 thinks it's not the best list, as I don't think it's the most talented group of individuals.

It's the best list for playing their style of footy. And their style of footy is currently dominant, so I agree with you that it's the best list.

But I also get why Carringbush2010 thinks it's not the best list, as I don't think it's the most talented group of individuals.

That's a pretty accurate summation IMO.

Jodie Sizer should NOT be president NO ONE on this current board should be it was through their direction we are in the mess we are currently in.
It was my understanding that Sizer had not been on the board for very long at all. Hard to throw her in with Waislitz and Korda who have been on the board for 15+ years

Talk ramping up slightly suggesting that Jeff Browne should put his hand up for the job. Imagine Tommy Browne at their dinner table trying to get the inside goss 😂

Jeff Browne is very close to Eddie, would not be a big enough seperation from the McGuire era. No, pity as he has the skill set but we must move on from Eddie.

The case for Sizer is this:

1. She is not a football person. This means that she would need to get the board to make collective decisions on footy, rather than telling the footy manager to recruit dayne beams and similar decisions. There would be certainty that she wouldnt be making decisions about footy. There would be certainty that she would stay out of giving her take on footy decisions.

2. She would be untouchable with the woke crowd - if you want to call them that. The club has had a number of decades where it is the "go-to" organisation when a journalist has a story about racism in AFL.... I've lost count how many times the winmar story has been raised or the michael long story. Hawthorn crowds booed Adam Goodes until they were hoarse but that story has gone. The only one that remains is Eddie's references.

We have to realise that the club plays the part of the evil witch in the fantasy constructed by the media. The fans of the other 17 clubs love it. It will continue until we appoint Jodie Sizer or a bloke who can keep his mouth shut.

Last edited:
I see Holgate has some time on her hands, she’d be a very interesting president. Her take down of Scomo was just so surgical, you wouldn’t want to mess with her, Gil would be shitting himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Holgate has some time on her hands, she’d be a very interesting president. Her take down of Scomo was just so surgical, you wouldn’t want to mess with her, Gil would be shitting himself.

Personally, I wouldnt want to see that elitist, precious, brittle human being as the president. Some might argue that she shouldnt have resigned from the board even if she had "lost it" as she acknowledges in her submission to the senate, because stability is important to the board at this time. I would argue an eddie nominee on the board is like a shag on a rock. It was an opportune time to make a graceful exit.

Let me add.....Waislitz should have gone over a decade ago and I'm still perplexed that he's still there.

what do mean close? Ed knows everyone?

Brown is a heavy hitter at 9. When McGuire was CEO of 9, Brown was known as his hand bag. You see McGuire lacked the full set of skills to be CEO so he took Brown everywhere he went to deal with the business type questions he could not answer. He was mocked in investment circles for taking his handbag everywhere.

They were very close, probably still are. McGuire and his influence must be eradicated from the club, he had his time, its over, the club is a mess and he must have no influence anymore.

Brown is a heavy hitter at 9. When McGuire was CEO of 9, Brown was known as his hand bag. You see McGuire lacked the full set of skills to be CEO so he took Brown everywhere he went to deal with the business type questions he could not answer. He was mocked in investment circles for taking his handbag everywhere.

They were very close, probably still are. McGuire and his influence must be eradicated from the club, he had his time, its over, the club is a mess and he must have no influence anymore.

I don’t know any of the candidates mentioned todate that don’t know or are friends with Ed.
So where is a new President going to come from ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back