Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It would actually be a great trade for essendon to let him go to sydney as its mutually beneficial hence a fantastic deal can be made. Sydney needs a new spearhead to replace franklin. Blakey looks a really good rangey forward, although not strong enough to be a key position player. If danniher can be acquired then it would fasten the retirement of franklin otherwise franklin needs to play purely out of the goal square to ensure he lasts the 2 years left on his contract. Apparently they are also after woods, which i am quite happy to let go if that means we get papley.

Unfazed

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
It would actually be a great trade for essendon to let him go to sydney as its mutually beneficial hence a fantastic deal can be made. Sydney needs a new spearhead to replace franklin. Blakey looks a really good rangey forward, although not strong enough to be a key position player. If danniher can be acquired then it would fasten the retirement of franklin otherwise franklin needs to play purely out of the goal square to ensure he lasts the 2 years left on his contract. Apparently they are also after woods, which i am quite happy to let go if that means we get papley.
How is it mutually beneficial? What is Essendon getting out of it?

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jaeger was the Top rated junior of his draft class & an inside-midfielder bull in his first 2 seasons.....The Suns also ballsed-up his op in misdiagnosing the issue with his knee.....It's took us another year to get it right & adapt his load training accordingly, as with Burgoyne....But he was worth the risk.

Daniher has had 1 very good season & will turn 26 before a footy is kicked in anger, next year.....I doubt you will get a first rounder for him....Maybe if a trade pick was also involved you could.
Dude are you serious. I know what it’s like to hate Essendon, but you need to take a peak through the blinkers if you’re going to leave the hawks board. The situations are more or less exactly the same, except Joe’s injury is much more straightforward and he’s a far more proven player than Jaeger is even now, let alone at the time of the trade.

Daniher is in the top handful of KPFs when he’s fit. If a club is confident they can get him right, then they’ll need to give a top ten pick and more to get him.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Dude are you serious. I know what it’s like to hate Essendon, but you need to take a peak through the blinkers if you’re going to leave the hawks board. The situations are more or less exactly the same, except Joe’s injury is much more straightforward and he’s a far more proven player than Jaeger is even now, let alone at the time of the trade.

Daniher is in the top handful of KPFs when he’s fit. If a club is confident they can get him right, then they’ll need to give a top ten pick and more to get him.

Having just read your post reply, I'm inclined to ask the same question of you.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Having just read your post reply, I'm inclined to ask the same question of you.
Okay, well yes I am serious.

If you think that an injured Jaeger O’Meara was well worth 2 first rounders, but an injured Joe Daniher isn’t even worth 1, you’re just taking the piss.

If you want to continue this conversation, I invite you to reply to me only in your imaginary land where Essendon trade their best player, (not to mention fan favourite and under contract etc.) for a second rounder.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Okay, well yes I am serious.

If you think that an injured Jaeger O’Meara was well worth 2 first rounders, but an injured Joe Daniher isn’t even worth 1, you’re just taking the piss.

If you want to continue this conversation, I invite you to reply to me only in your imaginary land where Essendon trade their best player, (not to mention fan favourite and under contract etc.) for a second rounder.

Their best player?....Really?....You might think you're being serious, but now I'm beginning to question your football judgement entirely.

Their best player?....Really?....You might think you're being serious, but now I'm beginning to question your football judgement entirely.

Last time he played a full season he was named AA and won our best and fairest. Not exactly a far fetched statement.

dumdum

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
if Daniher has a briliant Year at Essendon next year he'll be worth atleast 2 1st rounders

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
if Daniher has a briliant Year at Essendon next year he'll be worth atleast 2 1st rounders
And he'll be a free agent so could go for nothing on a deal the dons can't match. This is kind of the point.

I'm sure Zach Merrett & Michael Hurley will be pleased to hear it....Lets not confuse actuality with potentiality.
Oh I see, you're just going to move the goal-posts. First your arguing that Joe Daniher isn't worth a first rounder, now you've dropped your argument because it's sh**house and instead you want to argue with me whether or not he's their best player? Get lost mate, you're on ignore.

dumdum

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
And he'll be a free agent so could go for nothing on a deal the dons can't match. This is kind of the point.

Oh I see, you're just going to move the goal-posts. First your arguing that Joe Daniher isn't worth a first rounder, now you've dropped your argument because it's sh**house and instead you want to argue with me whether or not he's their best player? Get lost mate, you're on ignore.
my guess McKernan would retire an so would Brown an then ya got Bellchambers retiring next year , but since Daniher hasnt played much footy at all, he wouldnt be offered Big Coin like he's on Now

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm sure Zach Merrett & Michael Hurley will be pleased to hear it....Lets not confuse actuality with potentiality.

In actuality Daniher is an AA forward and best and fairest.

In actuality. So that's a 1st rounder.

In potentiality he might never play near his best again. Potentiality. Bit like O'Meara when he arrived at Hawthorn.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jaeger was the Top rated junior of his draft class & an inside-midfielder bull in his first 2 seasons.....The Suns also ballsed-up his op in misdiagnosing the issue with his knee.....It's took us another year to get it right & adapt his load training accordingly, as with Burgoyne....But he was worth the risk.

Daniher has had 1 very good season & will turn 26 before a footy is kicked in anger, next year.....I doubt you will get a first rounder for him....Maybe if a trade pick was also involved you could.

Callum Twomey and Emma Quayle both suggested, amongst other reputable judges, Daniher would have given Whitfield a nudge for the number 1 spot in the draft had he not been a F/S pick.

If we're just going to build up O'Meara because he was an inside mid bull, why can't we do that with Daniher? How would you describe Lewis if he kicked nearly 30 goals, including 4 in a final, in his 2nd season? Probably something like "oh nah see Lewis is different he showed elite talent in his first 2 years".

dumdum

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Daniher IMO isnt Essendons MVP . i think Shaun " Horse " Mckernan does a better job than Daniher does. or well Has , Essendon need that Ben Brown Type Forward , an i dont think Daniher is that

dumdum

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Mckernan has kicked 65 goals in his career, Joe did that in 2017 lol.
thats only in that 1 year, what has Joe done since? not a hell of a lot. difference with Mckernan , he doesnt spray his Goal Kicking like JD does. , Horse hasnt gotten as much Forward time with JD there has he.

Back