Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Go through my posts. I don't rate us or our club.

But yeah, how's it feel to win the flag 6 games in?
As if I'm going to waste my time reading your posting history, I'd rather watch paint dry.

It is amusing you think I posted here because we won a game on the weekend, I actually thought I had a notification.

As if I'm going to waste my time reading your posting history, I'd rather watch paint dry.

It is amusing you think I posted here because we won a game on the weekend, I actually thought I had a notification.
Someone liked a post of yours?

Do we think his value has increased or decreased since the trade period?
mostly the same?
Swans sounded like they were offering good coin, but probably not as much now
Injury queries were probably more pertinent and grey, whereas the fact he's getting through training strongly and a good chance to play in the next few weeks improves that position.
Swans have no forward line. Essendon has no forward line. He's a big need for both.

Out of contract this year though. So bargaining position for Essendon is much weaker.
Which means we may need to accept less for him if he opts to try and move again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes. The good old "I know you are, but what am I" defence.

Still waiting for you to explain the link.
It was as simple as you being the last Essendon supporter on the thread, you read too deeply into it as if there was some other purpose.

My apologies if you got a little worked up over it.

I wonder if Sydney have reassessed and realise they need a re-build rather than taking a punt on a mid twenties guy who could be a star or may continue to have fitness issues.
We knew we were rebuilding this time last year when we first started exploring Daniher as an option, so I'm not sure what has really changed beyond the fact that he is still yet to get back on the field, which only seems to heighten the risk that he never actually will.

If we think he is able to get back on the field he should be in his late 20s, the prime years for a key forward, when we are planning to be competitive again. That he still isn't playing again would be the concern. We have had a shocking season with injury to key position players and unless we see him prove his fitness this season I struggle to imagine how the club could justify taking the risk on.

We knew we were rebuilding this time last year when we first started exploring Daniher as an option, so I'm not sure what has really changed beyond the fact that he is still yet to get back on the field, which only seems to heighten the risk that he never actually will.

If we think he is able to get back on the field he should be in his late 20s, the prime years for a key forward, when we are planning to be competitive again. That he still isn't playing again would be the concern. We have had a shocking season with injury to key position players and unless we see him prove his fitness this season I struggle to imagine how the club could justify taking the risk on.
He's 26. In my mind, 4 years, when he's 30, would be a pretty quick rebuild. I think he'd be worth a punt for a current contender, but not where you guys are currently at.

He's 26. In my mind, 4 years, when he's 30, would be a pretty quick rebuild. I think he'd be worth a punt for a current contender, but not where you guys are currently at.
I think the club would be hoping to be back in the finals mix in closer to two years than four. How realistic that is, well, I guess we will see.

I'm not too fussed if he doesn't get to us, and I don't know of any Swans fans who are. That being said, if he can get fit again he will improve us significantly for maybe 5 seasons or so, and I would hope that means he is part of our next period of finals appearances.

If we continue as we are this season we are going to be one of the first teams to pick in the draft, and could conceivably look to pick him up in the PSD, that is for basically nothing. The only risk we would be taking is his wages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back