Play Nice Joe Daniher 2020

Surely that would be a case of people going too early.

Wouldn't say that, he had all the attributes and had put it together for two consecutive seasons (stat wise 2016 doesn't look as impressive as 2017, but that's to be expected given the top up situation). Hell, in the games he played last season he looked every bit of being one of the top three KPF's in the game.

He kicked 60 goals one season. Therefore #1 KPF in the comp?
No one ever said he was #1 in the comp, just that he was heading in that direction.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Any prediction is going too early
Not really. I expect Richmond to be in contention in 2020, based on the form lines of the past 3 years. That may turn out to be incorrect but the basis for such a prediction is obvious.

On the other hand, predicting that Joe Daniher would be the best key forward in the comp based on one 60-goal season is going too early.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wouldn't say that, he had all the attributes and had put it together for two consecutive seasons (stat wise 2016 doesn't look as impressive as 2017, but that's to be expected given the top up situation). Hell, in the games he played last season he looked every bit of being one of the top three KPF's in the game.

No. He had potential. He has never come close.

No sensible person would choose Daniher over Brown.

No. He had potential. He has never come close.

No sensible person would choose Daniher over Brown.

I'm, very, very confident that 90% of people in the football industry would take Joe Daniher without injuries (let's say, using the end of 2017 as a point of reference) ahead of Ben Brown. Anyone saying anything to the contrary is flat out lying to themselves or trolling. I'd also saying being in the starting 18 of the All Australian team and a B&F winner as a 23-year-old KPF who had shown continuous improvement every year was definitely more than potential and at the very least, 'got close'.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm, very, very confident that 90% of people in the football industry would take Joe Daniher without injuries (let's say, using the end of 2017 as a point of reference) ahead of Ben Brown.
If you'd added another "very" you'd have swayed me. But just two doesn't get me there. I'm very, very sorry.

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Shame Shame Shame
Joe let out a desperate yelp. A tragic soul destroying look evident in his sad eyes.
His chains and shackles cut deep, and no one who saw him could resist shedding a tear.
Tullamarine is where all hope and dreams disappear.
At least we can say we tried.

33c8a78287bc0c9d821b1cccad55623c[1].jpg

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm, very, very confident that 90% of people in the football industry would take Joe Daniher without injuries (let's say, using the end of 2017 as a point of reference) ahead of Ben Brown. Anyone saying anything to the contrary is flat out lying to themselves or trolling. I'd also saying being in the starting 18 of the All Australian team and a B&F winner as a 23-year-old KPF who had shown continuous improvement every year was definitely more than potential and at the very least, 'got close'.

And that is fine.

But in the real world Brown is an outright star and Joe is someone who simply has never been able to live up to the hype.

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Shame Shame Shame
Joe let out a desperate yelp. A tragic soul destroying look evident in his sad eyes.
His chains and shackles cut deep, and no one who saw him could resist shedding a tear.

View attachment 806947
Shame it cut deep Shakespeare

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m reading this trip to Europe is a planned part of his re-hab. Is that correct?

What would an injury-riddled 2020 cost Joe? Maybe Sydney realise he is damaged goods and not worth the risk and he has to settle for a much reduced contract from the Bombers.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Shame Shame Shame

View attachment 806947

That's a dog, not Joe daniher

Jan 2, 2009
Penguin
AFL Club
Carlton
End of 2020 Sydney will take Daniher as a FA and Essendon will be compensate with a first round pick which will be overs for a player that will play less than 10 games.

Back