Going or staying?

• going

Votes: 166 91.2%
  • staying

Votes: 16 8.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure this is what the Tigers & GCS did with Lynch
Tigers dumped Ellis and Miles on GCS & Tigers got Lynch in on enough to get GCS Pick 3.

Richmond got an upgrade in a future 3rd rd for Ellis and Miles.

I can't imagine Corey Ellis and Miles were on much at Richmond - it was more of a cheap trade for players that weren't going to get a game or were a strong chance of being delisted. In any case, Lynch was always going to be paid enough to trigger Band 1 compensation so a dump wasn't required.

A salary dump would be fine provided there was acceptable draft pick compensation. The AFL allows this all the time with players let go for less than you would think draft pick wise in order to free up salary cap, so provided the 'dumping' transaction was individually acceptable, there wouldn't be a problem doing it.

Having said that I don't think a salary dump is a realistic scenario.

Pretty sure this is what the Tigers & GCS did with Lynch
Tigers dumped Ellis and Miles on GCS & Tigers got Lynch in on enough to get GCS Pick 3.

Richmond got an upgrade in a future 3rd rd for Ellis and Miles.

Yeah, that was the speculation. But if it did happen it was done on the sly. That's the point: it's not something they could be open about, because it's not allowed.

Would have no problem exploring the option but I can't see an obvious player on our list that would fit this model, also have serious doubts the AFL would allow a deal along those lines to pass.
Marcus Adams would be the most likely candidate. We did fine without him with Gardiner playing second tall, plus I think Payne is going to take over that spot next year. We don't know what sort of coin he's on, but he did sign a four-year deal when we traded for him.

Im not salty at all, think Daniher needs a fresh start. He’s a huge risk though.

I’m right though, makes Mitch look selective.
I hope mitch does come out and say it.

There is a huge risk in us taking him. Which is why the compensation essendon receive won't be what supporters would like.

Can't wait for Mitch Robinson to come out and publicly shame Daniher for "chasing flags" like he did Tom Lynch....
Lynch went to a club that had just won the flag. Daniher won't be. That's the difference.

gonna take more than just Daniher for Brisbane to win a flag. 1 player isnt gonna win them a flag

I would hope we trade in good faith and come to a conclusion both clubs are happy with, not just Essendon...
No you dont. Love the same people saying this bullshit line. You hope you trade as cheaply as possible for Carlton to get the best outcome possible and couldn't give a s**t what happens to Ess or any other club you deal with...

No you dont. Love the same people saying this bullshit line. You hope you trade as cheaply as possible for Carlton to get the best outcome possible and couldn't give a sh*t what happens to Ess or any other club you deal with...

Lol, it’s illustrative that you can’t get even your head around the concept of win-win negotiating 😂

Would Brisbane consider there pick 16 and Patne,Impressive type that looks to have a future and possible the 23rd man up in Brisbane ?

As other posters have suggested, may be convince Marcus Adams and take him as salary dump off our hands.
It will boost Daniher's salary and potentially get you pick 7.

So what is win/win in this negotiation for Daniher according to you? 🤔

It depends on the contract we offer (i.e. how much do we value him?)

Based on my own opinion of Daniher, I would think a situation where Essendon take the compo pick and then both clubs do a moderately favorable side deal on a fringe player (Witherden if rumours of interest in both directions are correct) or on some picks (i.e. Lions downgrade #17 for 2nd/3rd/4th depending on contact value)

that’s just my take but I’m happy for Brisbane to pay a little bit over fair market value just to ensure it goes quickly and smoothly

It’s working and it makes teams happy to trade with us...it’s a much better approach in the long-term 😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As other posters have suggested, may be convince Marcus Adams and take him as salary dump off our hands.
It will boost Daniher's salary and potentially get you pick 7.

This is a terrible idea in my view...I can understand how it works for Essendon but I can’t imagine why anyone associated with Lions would push this approach...it’s a lose-lose-lose

Can you really imagine either of those teams doing that?

they’re deeper into a rebuild than Sydney plus Joe hasn’t shown any indication of wanting to be in Adelaide and has shown he definitely doesn’t want to be in Melbourne
Good point.... I could see us making a play but don't think it would be the right time for us.

This is a terrible idea in my view...I can understand how it works for Essendon but I can’t imagine why anyone associated with Lions would push this approach...it’s a lose-lose-lose

I don't think Marcus would go there either. Up to Essendon to convince him.

Imagine Adams getting another 1 or 2 year top up on his current contract while still in rehab. For us, Payne is on his way so Adams might get pushed out to depth soon. If there is $$ stability and long contract, it might get him thinking.

I don't think Marcus would go there either. Up to Essendon to convince him.

Imagine Adams getting another 1 or 2 year top up on his current contract while still in rehab. For us, Payne is on his way so Adams might get pushed out to depth soon. If there is $$ stability and long contract, it might get him thinking.

the reason this idea is so bad is that it implies Adam’s is a bust...he’s not, he’s just injured (and an injury unrelated to his long-term one) so it’s a false economy to think that Adams is a salary ‘dump’ because it ignores the value he may yet deliver while contracted...do you see what I’m getting at?

the reason this idea is so bad is that it implies Adam’s is a bust...he’s not, he’s just injured (and an injury unrelated to his long-term one) so it’s a false economy to think that Adams is a salary ‘dump’ because it ignores the value he may yet deliver while contracted...do you see what I’m getting at?

Yes I know what you're getting at. If Adams is fit then Payne have to be in sidelines. I'd rather put time into Payne going forward which means Adams is surplus to needs in my view. He's not on depth salary though so I'd rather cash out under the pretense of the "perceived value he may deliver".

Do you honestly think Adams is going to start next season, given the promise Payne has shown?

I thought Adams had another foot injury which is his long term injury? That was what plagued him at the Dogs amongst other injuries.

Back