Free Agency Joe Daniher [RFA to Brisbane for 1st round compensation pick]

Going or staying?

• going

Votes: 166 91.2%
  • staying

Votes: 16 8.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Brisbane consider there pick 16 and Patne,Impressive type that looks to have a future and possible the 23rd man up in Brisbane ?

Essendon's trade demands for a guy turning 27 next year and had one great career season, then has barely played in a few years due to a dodgy chronic injury are, interesting....

Brisbane would be stupid to meet them. They have no need to be desperate and overpay, the deal made sense at the right cost, but not at the asking price.

Would Brisbane consider there pick 16 and Patne,Impressive type that looks to have a future and possible the 23rd man up in Brisbane ?

Patne 'Payne', is a Lions academy draftee, similar to Harris Andrews. Grown & born in qld. Why would he want to leave? Lions fans (and I'm sure the club does too) have huge wraps on him, & most think he's a shoe in for our starting 18 next year.

So why would we package up pick 16 & Payne? If the bombers match, we could just pick up Daniher with pick 17 alone in the national draft.

The Lions have a good record of getting deals done with contracted players, by being prepared to give a little bit extra. This situation is different. By giving up more than we have to for a free agent, we're not being professional, we're being incompetent.

No way Brisbane let go of Payne. A big part of our future.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So what exactly does Dodoro want now?

Brisbane doesn't have a top 10 pick, they want 16 + 17?

Surely not lol JUST PSD THIS BRISBANE, noone will blame u for being unreasonable, this is Dodoro we are talking about here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what exactly does Dodoro want now?

Brisbane doesn't have a top 10 pick, they want 16 + 17?

Surely not lol JUST PSD THIS BRISBANE, noone will blame u for being unreasonable, this is Dodoro we are talking about here
Has it occurred to you that the top 10 pick in question might actually be a band 1 compensation pick? It seems they are trying to engineer that outcome (potentially by taking another player's salary out of Brisbane's cap so they can afford to pay Daniher the wage required).

Has it occurred to you that the top 10 pick in question might actually be a band 1 compensation pick? It seems they are trying to engineer that outcome (potentially by taking another player's salary out of Brisbane's cap so they can afford to pay Daniher the wage required).

Leaves us with the problem of big contract down the track. I think we'll be aiming for performance based contract instead.

Brave gamble by your club not trading him last year for whatever picks Sydney were offering.. I doubt this year the trade offer is going to suddenly be better.

Payne is contracted with us until 2022.

We see him as long term replacement, even less reason to trade him all of a sudden.

Leaves us with the problem of big contract down the track. I think we'll be aiming for performance based contract instead.

Brave gamble by your club not trading him last year for whatever picks Sydney were offering.. I doubt this year the trade offer is going to suddenly be better.
It will depend on the length of your offer and what we are able to take off your hands to offset the cost. Obviously a longer deal is harder to off-set though.

A performance based contract makes absolute sense given his situation, he will be a very lucky man if the scenario that Essendon prefer happens to net him a better income than he might otherwise expect.

Would have no problem exploring the option but I can't see an obvious player on our list that would fit this model, also have serious doubts the AFL would allow a deal along those lines to pass.

Would have no problem exploring the option but I can't see an obvious player on our list that would fit this model, also have serious doubts the AFL would allow a deal along those lines to pass.

I'm pretty sure the AFL won't allow it. I can't imagine they allow clubs to use a salary dump as a way of manipulating a free agency compensation outcome.

Can't wait for Mitch Robinson to come out and publicly shame Daniher for "chasing flags" like he did Tom Lynch....
You want some chips with that salt.

I'm pretty sure the AFL won't allow it. I can't imagine they allow clubs to use a salary dump as a way of manipulating a free agency compensation outcome.
Pretty sure this is what the Tigers & GCS did with Lynch
Tigers dumped Ellis and Miles on GCS & Tigers got Lynch in on enough to get GCS Pick 3.

Richmond got an upgrade in a future 3rd rd for Ellis and Miles.

Back