Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 5 alone should have got it done, considering Joe's injury history. Anymore than that and you should be ecstatic.
Agree, i think 5 plus perhaps a swap of futures given both clubs trajectories gets it done.

End of the day, 9 didn't equate to a player of his age and quality even with the injuries.
At the same age, JJK came back from a similarly bad injury and became the comps premier FF.

our issue is the contract is up this year, and we may have to cross this bridge again, but with the threat of PSD.
That said, we'll be closer to knowing what level of compromised the 2020 draft is, plus have 2021 future picks available to us too.
And the ability to chase Cameron as a ready made replacement too

Im still happy we kept him for another year. Not convinced Pick 9 + whatever will end up being that much better than what we can get this year.

Agree, i think 5 plus perhaps a swap of futures given both clubs trajectories gets it done.

End of the day, 9 didn't equate to a player of his age and quality even with the injuries.
At the same age, JJK came back from a similarly bad injury and became the comps premier FF.

our issue is the contract is up this year, and we may have to cross this bridge again, but with the threat of PSD.
That said, we'll be closer to knowing what level of compromised the 2020 draft is, plus have 2021 future picks available to us too.

Im still happy we kept him for another year. Not convinced Pick 9 + whatever will end up being that much better than what we can get this year.
Pick 9 and whatever may not be much better than what they get this year. IF he struggles to get on the park again this year though, you run the risk of having outsmarted yourselves last year and getting considerably less, in which case you then have to weigh up whether you keep him or whether you let him go for potentially less than last year, or keep him when he either doesn't want to be there, or you are taking him on only to find his injury struggles continue, and is taking up a chunk of the cap which is being wasted. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Last edited:

Pick 5+2020 first would have got the deal done

What we offered was enough (and more than we should have). I’m so happy it fell over. Rather Dylan Stephens and Gould. We need our first this year too.

What we offered was enough (and more than we should have). I’m so happy it fell over. Rather Dylan Stephens and Gould. We need our first this year too.
To think, Essendon wanted one of Mills, Heeney or Parker and a first if 2 firsts couldn't be produced. Couldn't agree with you more. Watched a lot of Stephens at Norwood, he is a gun.

To think, Essendon wanted one of Mills, Heeney or Parker and a first if 2 firsts couldn't be produced. Couldn't agree with you more. Watched a lot of Stephens at Norwood, he is a gun.

Yep. I was nervous we’d give into these ridiculous prices.

That claim ignores that Daniher has been injury prone and missed 2 years with injuries where-as Kennedy missed half a season.
well yes, but were still the same age when they came back from missing a long stint out.
the point is, he is about to reach his peak. and he came back, still carrying the injury and put on two shows last year.

Pick 9 and whatever may not be much better than what they get this year. IF he struggles to get on the park again this year though, you run the risk of having outsmarted yourselves last year and getting considerably less, in which case you then have to weigh up whether you keep him or whether you let him go for potentially less than last year, or keep him when he either doesn't want to be there, or you are taking him on only to find his injury struggles continue, and is taking up a chunk of the cap which is being wasted. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Cap wasnt really an issue last year though. We had little trade currency to go after anyone good.
Plus, no idea how much was front loaded either.

Either way, i dont see what we would have got that we needed from the draft that we couldn't get otherwise.
And potentially get to keep an elite FF as he enters his peak.

well yes, but were still the same age when they came back from missing a long stint out.
the point is, he is about to reach his peak. and he came back, still carrying the injury and put on two shows last year.

Cap wasnt really an issue last year though. We had little trade currency to go after anyone good.
Plus, no idea how much was front loaded either.

Either way, i dont see what we would have got that we needed from the draft that we couldn't get otherwise.
And potentially get to keep an elite FF as he enters his peak.
i am talking about how much of your cap he would take up in the future if he continued to be injured and you had matched any RFA offer. My comment was not based on last years cap.

Don't completely disagree with you on the second part, though am not sure Joe is elite as yet. Has the potential to be.

Forget about trying to poach Cameron, he loves his his boaty lifestyle too much to leave Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm all for people leaving. I'd never wanna keep anyone from leaving.

But surely you'd rethink it. Swans are the most negative football side there is. It'll be a 0-0 draw between them and Hawthorne

This thread is going about as well as Joey's attempt to get to sydney....

Let’s hope his attempt stays that way. Don’t want him and especially not at the price he’s going to command

Let’s hope his attempt stays that way. Don’t want him and especially not at the price he’s going to command
Such a weird one
Both sets of fans are in mutual agreement
Swans fans don't want him. Dons fans don't want to lose him

Let's hope we all get what we want.

Such a weird one
Both sets of fans are in mutual agreement
Swans fans don't want him. Dons fans don't want to lose him

Let's hope we all get what we want.

More the price for me and our lost needs more that Daniher. We need midfield class.

Do we think his value has increased or decreased since the trade period?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back