Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

God no, Please! It's too big a risk. My info is that he will never recover from his injury. At least Reid plays occasionally. We don't need more injured players clogging our list.
personally its in EFC's best interest to trade him this year rather than wait till next year. the Swans need another Big Fish to keep football in sydney Big or people wont turn up to watch the game

personally its in EFC's best interest to trade him this year rather than wait till next year. the Swans need another Big Fish to keep football in sydney Big or people wont turn up to watch the game

It's in Essendon's best interest to get him fit and keep him.

Just give it a rest champ, you clearly have no idea about what we need or what our players are capable of.

It's in Essendon's best interest to get him fit and keep him.

Just give it a rest champ, you clearly have no idea about what we need or what our players are capable of.
Yeah, all of this. It’s like people forget he was AA and a B&F winner as a 23yo key forward. You know how many KPFs have won an AA and B&F at 23 in the last 20 years? 4. Buddy, Cameron, N Riewoldt and Joe. 5 if you count Pav but he won B&Fs/AAs in different positions.

Selfishly I want him to stay, get his body right and dominate, think it’d be good for football as well.

True, but are the Sydney spectators going to turn up if Daniher is in the grandstand?

True, but are the Sydney spectators going to turn up if Daniher is in the grandstand?
possibly. if i were to Trade Daniher at the end of this year i would ask for sydney's 1st round Pick Plus a Player, that player i would go for Darcy Cameron, EFC need another fiiter Ruckman that can Ruck, TBC is spent IMO as a Ruckman

Last edited:
From reading the Essendon type posts, seems increasing sense that he might go after all.

Would be HUGE call and one assumed predicated on Bomber belief he will never get his body right.

But if his body that obviously cooked, why would Sydney take him on?

Interesting times.

If Essendon are willing to let a player like Daniher leave alarm bells should be ringing for any potential suitors. Serious due diligence around his physical state is required.

His brother's career was ruined by the same injury.

Sydney are no mugs though.

Have heard suggestions that Daniher's issue is not so much the OP, as cartilage related, specifically the septum.

That was put to me by an Essendon supporter too.

Have heard suggestions that Daniher's issue is not so much the OP, as cartilage related, specifically the septum.

Sizable honker too, and the stache to save some for later. Think it’s fair to say there’s issues with that type of thing at all clubs though, young blokes who are canonised and paid a s**t tonne of cash are always predisposed to the bag. Stockbrokers, investment bankers, lawyers et al.

There’s definitely a chance he goes, doesn’t love the fishbowl of Melbourne and hasn’t felt well managed from an injury point of view. Sense tells me that (along with our other injury challenges) is a big part of Justin Crow being moved on. I’d love him to stick around, get his body right and display the joy he previously has onfield. He’s just about the best player in the comp to watch when he’s playing, brings a bit of everything, joy, frustration, laughs and jaw dropping screamers/65m goals. Selfishly he’s also almost undefendable and if he kicked straight would be just about the best player in the game so it’s best if he’s got my team’s jumper on.

If he goes, the sun will still rise and we get on with life. It’d hurt no doubt and reopen some Gavin (2nd best after Urquhart) Wanganeen shaped wounds but I’d wish him the best and still love the way he goes about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From reading the Essendon type posts, seems increasing sense that he might go after all.

Would be HUGE call and one assumed predicated on Bomber belief he will never get his body right.

Interesting times.
Might not be completely driven by EFC to be fair. Given the past 5+ years, there’s a real and necessary sense from the club about the welfare of their people first and foremost and if Joe requested a trade the club would likely accede. Please all hold the hurr durr teh druggzzzz comments, they don’t really bear repeating in this discussion.

Well then, if an Essendon supporter said it then it must be true......

not sure Sydney is the best place for him, then

Sydney the city, no.

Sydney the club - they have a very strong culture, Franklin seems to have calmed down there.

It would also be a "reset" for him.

There is a bit of Daniher history between these two clubs. Remember when a good young player in Terry, left Sth Melbourne to go to Essendon in 1978. Part of the Neville Fields trade I think. Was baffling to see Sth give up such a promising player at the time. I can't see the Bombers returning the favour now by letting Joe go to Sydney. If he can get fit, he is a gun!

Unlikely that joe leaves....but this is the type of swifty that would normally have the swans all over it

hard to pull a swifty when you have to trade for him

very different to buddy when he kept it quiet right up the end because he was a FA.

Interesting times.

sydney are well known to rehab players and turn lemons into good players.

but the issue is does Sydney want to take on another risky key forward with buddy still having 4 years left? with a heavily back ended contract?

To get Daniher they would have to offer 900K + do the trade. Hes on about 700k now at bombers.

Just dont see it happening.

sydney are well known to rehab players and turn lemons into good players.

but the issue is does Sydney want to take on another risky key forward with buddy still having 4 years left? with a heavily back ended contract?

To get Daniher they would have to offer 900K + do the trade. Hes on about 700k now at bombers.

Just dont see it happening.

Depends how keen the Bombers are to offload his salary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back