Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it will end up being and next year's first honestly with something going back, probably next year's second or something for points. You'll need to trade it anyway, so I suspect you'll try to work 1 this year 1 next year.
Swans will be reluctant to use a future first because they need points for a top 10 academy selection next year

Swans will be reluctant to use a future first because they need points for a top 10 academy selection next year
My logic: Sydney can get 2x first round prospects the next 2 years if they trade one this year and one next. If you're not going to use your first pick (which you won't), why not try to get another first round prospect this year?

I think it will end up being and next year's first honestly with something going back, probably next year's second or something for points. You'll need to trade it anyway, so I suspect you'll try to work 1 this year 1 next year.
Yeah, this wouldn't surprise me. As long as we are confident we have the points for Gulden and Campbell, I'd imagine we'd be comfortable with giving up next year's first.

It's a risk, but given our percentage this season, I don't think a move up the ladder in 2020 is that unrealistic. Particularly if we have even one of Joe/Buddy on the park.

McCartin also isn't on the table.

I can see if being 5, 25 and Reid but that's pending Essendon actually being interested.

there or there abouts.

depends how much essendon want reid i guess - still like the idea of making joe stay more though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, this wouldn't surprise me. As long as we are confident we have the points for Gulden and Campbell, I'd imagine we'd be comfortable with giving up next year's first.

It's a risk, but given our percentage this season, I don't think a move up the ladder in 2020 is that unrealistic. Particularly if we have even one of Joe/Buddy on the park.
I think you'll try to stockpile points for next year with your other trades. I'm sure Darcy Cameron would be a deal for a future pick swap.

I think you'll try to stockpile points for next year with your other trades. I'm sure Darcy Cameron would be a deal for a future pick swap.
Agreed. We have a handful of players we could still re-sign, so not sure we will be looking at the draft much this year at all.

Do you think Dodoro will relent on the wanting a ready-made player line to get a deal done? I really just can't us giving up anyone Essendon would want.

Also, when Draper is fit, what does the ruck and forward structure look like? Draper full-time with Bellchambers or McKernan resting forward? Or Bellchambers full-time with Draper resting forward?

McCure: It's incumbent upon Sydney to get Daniher. They courted him, they have to get him now.
People can keep saying this, but it doesn't make it true. It's incumbent upon Sydney to TRY to get Daniher. If the price is way too high, we have absolutely no obligation to get the deal done.

Sick of reading this BS.

Agreed. We have a handful of players we could still re-sign, so not sure we will be looking at the draft much this year at all.

Do you think Dodoro will relent on the wanting a ready-made player line to get a deal done? I really just can't us giving up anyone Essendon would want.

Also, when Draper is fit, what does the ruck and forward structure look like? Draper full-time with Bellchambers or McKernan resting forward? Or Bellchambers full-time with Draper resting forward?
I can honestly see you using 2 plus a rookie upgrade if you have one.

Draper is the successor to Bellchambers. In an ideal world it'll be Draper having 6-ish games in the VFL,then going in as the #1 and Smack forward.

I can honestly see you using 2 plus a rookie upgrade if you have one.

Draper is the successor to Bellchambers. In an ideal world it'll be Draper having 6-ish games in the VFL,then going in as the #1 and Smack forward.
Yep, fair enough. McKernan is obviously more versatile and I think his ceiling is higher. Could actually see him having a handy season if Essendon get the forward structure right.

I presume Stewart, if he is able to get himself fit, would be ahead of Brown?

People can keep saying this, but it doesn't make it true. It's incumbent upon Sydney to TRY to get Daniher. If the price is way too high, we have absolutely no obligation to get the deal done.

Sick of reading this BS.

Depends what Joe and his manger think is a fair offer though.

A nice first rounder and a mid second in a weak draft is far from fantastic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back