Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why close the door entirely when theres a chance Sydney buckle and pay the lottery he was demanding? He set his price and didnt budge an inch. He can now say "well Joe, this is just how high we rate you and unfortunately Sydney couldnt/wouldnt pay your worth". I think it backfires spectacularly and Joe leaves as a free agent but not after Dodoro threatens to match any offer thats unlikely to get a first round compensation pick.
Well quite, but your original comment was that you wouldn’t put it past Dodoro to have “spent 10 days negotiating with Sydney just so Joe would feel better about things” which is the exact comment I was refuting as being highly unlikely.

If you’re now saying he thought that Sydney might buckle, then that’s different.

Whatever. I’m still pretty firmly convinced Essendon ballsed up this trade period in respect of Daniher, and pretty confident it will bite them going forward.

Well quite, but your original comment was that you wouldn’t put it past Dodoro to have “spent 10 days negotiating with Sydney just so Joe would feel better about things” which is the exact comment I was refuting as being highly unlikely.

If you’re now saying he thought that Sydney might buckle, then that’s different.

Whatever. I’m still pretty firmly convinced Essendon ballsed up this trade period in respect of Daniher, and pretty confident it will bite them going forward.

Well no, I wasn't. People can have more than one reason for doing something. Actions can serve more than one purpose and I don't believe this trade period has been a straight line. Certainly not where Daniher is concerned.

No ones playing funny buggers? Sydney didn’t offer something that Essendon wanted. Both clubs operated within the rules.

Are you suggesting clubs are not allowed to retain players who want to leave contracts they sign? Even if they don’t get an adequate trade?
Your view is what should be right (contract is contract) but the AFLPA are pushing heavily for players to be not held to them.

You are seriously deluded if you think that.

Never mind 5 years time, Heeney is better now.

Sure Joe has shown potential at times but he is an injury prone guy whos set shot kicking for goal is about as useful as a vagina full of snow.

No AFL recruiter in the comp apart from that (Dodo) bloke would pick Joe over Heeney.

I don’t think anyone is arguing an injured Daniher is better than Henney......But if and when healthy, (assuming Sydney think they can get him healthy otherwise why offer 2 first rounders...) he absolutely ******* dominates Heeney.

I don’t think anyone is arguing an injured Daniher is better than Henney......But if and when healthy, (assuming Sydney think they can get him healthy otherwise why offer 2 first rounders...) he absolutely ******* dominates Heeney.

I disagree.
Given the comparative same number of games, the disparity of +0.75 Goals per game and +0.67 Behinds per game are more than offset by Heeney if he played as a full time forward. Clearly he does not and this extra versatility of being able to play midfield gives an extra dimension that Joe simply does not have

So for me, Heeney > Daniher

1572413231432.png

1572413276054.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah na both fully fit most clubs would take Heeny, because he can play multiple positions and is much more versatile.

The Essendon player is a one position player not to mention Danihers woeful set shot kicking for goal.

A fit Joe Daniher > A fit Isaac Heeney.

Heeney is a ripper, but a fit Joe Daniher is a golden goose.

Unfortunately, it seems footy fans are gonna be pretty much robbed of seeing a fit Joe in full flight. He'll still be good/very good but he'll be playing within his capabilities from here to maximise longevity. It's a modified Joe from here on.

Was on his way to being one of those rare "must watch" players.

Unfortunately, it seems footy fans are gonna be pretty much robbed of seeing a fit Joe in full flight. He'll still be good/very good but he'll be playing within his capabilities from here to maximise longevity. It's a modified Joe from here on.

waiting for 2020 to make a call there.
Hampered, he played a ripping Good Friday and Anzac Day (5 days apart too).
He's a Ferrari. It will break down, and you take your time and do the job right to get it back on the road...something the EFC and Crow and his merry men seem to not understand.

I am hoping the new guy, an off-season and a conservative approach sees him back to his best next year

Is there such a thing as a fit Daniher

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So... Barrett has changed his tune. Daniher engineered the whole situation, the Swans didn't approach him, the Swans weren't aware he was going to nominate us as a destination for a trade, we offered something reasonable and the reason the trade never happened was because Dodoro was never going to accept anything other than overs.

That's a far cry from what he was saying during trade week.

So... Barrett has changed his tune. Daniher engineered the whole situation, the Swans didn't approach him, the Swans weren't aware he was going to nominate us as a destination for a trade, we offered something reasonable and the reason the trade never happened was because Dodoro was never going to accept anything other than overs.

Barrett was a loony toon during trade week, I was actually embarrassed for him.

His perceptions around trades was totally out of line with every other person in the industry. Let's not forget he said he didn't see how West Coast could possibly get the Tim Kelly trade done and that Tim Kelly would have to go to Fremantle. Turns out it was the first trade to be completed.

You mean, the Bombers fans being dramatic here and having a bitch about Harley luring across a contracted player just to fail to do so were off the mark? I am SHOCKED.

You mean you actually believe anything written by Barrett? I am SHOCKED.
Not really. I just take Harley's word over unsubstantiated rubbish from Bombers supporters on BigFooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back