Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
my “detailed” claims. That Sydney was wanted joe and talked to him before he nominated and didn’t talk to Essendon.
No, these ones:
They targeted a contracted player, no doubt made assurances to him they would make true trade to convince him to nominate which they couldn’t follow through on. Obviously had no discussions with Essendon about how much they valued him or what it would take to make a trade prior to trade week. Total incompetence.
1. Sydney made assurances to Daniher.
2. That they made these assurances to convinces him to nominate them.
3. Sydney targeted Daniher (I know you back peddled on this later, but a player coming to a team with a desire to be traded to them isn't the team targeting the player)
4. The discussions or lack thereof between the teams.

You honestly are naive enough to think that joe nominated Sydney without talking to his friend and mentor who happens to be ceo of the club? If any of Barrett’s nonsense can be believed joe showed up at harleys house in a hood and wearing a hat and only told Essendon about it after he knew he’d been spotted. He was desperate to leave Essendon walking into this meeting. You believe Harley when he says that they didn’t discuss joe coming to Sydney? I guess then you also believed joe when he said just a couple of months the only way he wouldn’t be at Essendon next year is if we didn’t want him. People lie. You must be incredibly naive if you don’t recognise this.
Again 'You don't think' or asking if someone is naive to think something isn't a basis for anything.

So, my source? The capacity for critical thought. Give it a try
Right, so you're back to square 1: You made it up.

Last edited:

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I hate Australian media. It's more about getting attention than it is about getting stories right. Of all things we should learn from US sports is they use smaller channels to get stories out that are much more accurate and people counter quote those for themselves.

In Australia we have too many people wanting to get the same attention. It's pathetic
Lol are you serious? What you just described is sports media in general, and in the US it's even worse - because it sells.

"Mark Cuban is beside himself. Driving around downtown Dallas begging (thru texts) Jordan's family for address to DeAndre's home".

You'd have a heart attack if you read some of the things The Sun/Daily Mail/AS publish for European soccer coverage.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Don't blame Barrett. You know what his job is. He's a scab. He relys on one thing...access.
He will do or say anything to keep sweet with clubs, namely VIC clubs. That's his bread and butter.

Why don't bomber fans look closer to home. One of the reasons that dodo bloke cops criticism is because he finds it all just too damn hard to keep a secret. That is, to negotiate in good faith. Can't even do the basics. Zero integrity.
He must think that shovelling morsels to the scabs and getting ex players in the media to do his bidding is a winning formula. No wonder Dons are always behind the eight ball when it comes to trade time. Who the hell would want to tell them anything when it will be sugar coated and immediately fed out the back door within minutes. Their table deliberately leaks like a sieve.

How about that wannabe scab Matthew Lloyd. Very first thing second week it just so happens he's on trade radio saying he KNOWS what Sydney were offering....and trying to do the Dons bidding for them. Coincidental timing wasn't it Lloydy. Been chatting over the weekend maybe ? Got a call ? He wasn't even bothering to hide the fact he should NOT know anything FOR SURE.
Of course it turned out to be utter bullshit but that isn't the point is it.

Did anyone see Sydney deliberately leak utter junk ? As a matter of fact did anyone see any other club try this low brow junk ? Despite Carlton being keen on a trade that was never going to be easy, they maintained integrity and didn't try to bullshyt their way thru the media.

Plus, who the hell can be happy when they hear the number 1 priority of their club during TRADE week is to retain players. WTF. Daniher wax contracted...its not rocket science to set a price of $100,000 for an old car worth $5000. Its not difficult to NOT sell something. That's all they did. Don't need Einstein for that. So what about what the club actually needs ?

Bizarre place. Yeah now i can see why clubs hate dealing with them.

Off topic but a, um, friend of mine wants to know the origin of your avatar.

Out of curiosity, where did you get your info for saying that Sydney had been targeting Daniher for months and your detailed claims about what Sydney had said to Daniher and Essendon.
From the Age.
But the Swans, who have been quietly courting Daniher for months,
The Swans courted Daniher in the back half of 2019 but were unable to facilitate a trade with the Bombers to lure him out of Tullamarine.

Maxabillions are you not tired of these gullible swans supporters yet?

Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
From the Age.

Maxabillions are you not tired of these gullible swans supporters yet?
One or two have become quite tiresome 😉

Apparently every report that the Swans didn’t target joe is gospel, and every report that they did is unsubstantiated rumour. Interestingly, this variation can occur across the reports of a single journalist 😂

Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
No, these ones:

1. Sydney made assurances to Daniher.
2. That they made these assurances to convinces him to nominate them.
3. Sydney targeted Daniher (I know you back peddled on this later, but a player coming to a team with a desire to be traded to them isn't the team targeting the player)
4. The discussions or lack thereof between the teams.

Again 'You don't think' or asking if someone is naive to think something isn't a basis for anything.

Right, so you're back to square 1: You made it up.
As Duckworth pointed out above there were reports that Sydney was courting Daniher. If you want to try to somehow split hairs and say this means they weren’t “targeting” him, OK then. I will ask you where you got this info that they definitely weren’t targeting him though, as I’m sure you would never make an unsubstantiated claim.

You’ll note my other claims were preceded by the qualifiers “no doubt” and “obviously”. This indicates that the following claims are opinion, albeit an opinion I believe are strongly supported by the events and facts around how the situation played out.

This is a forum for discussion and stating opinions. Anyone claiming they are “itk” are either full of s**t it for some reason passing on confidential information on a public forum (this is my opinion before you get your knickers in a knot).

I’ve asked for your opinion before, but you’ve been unwilling to put yourself on the line. I’ll try one more time. Do you think Harley has been completely honest about how the situation played out?

Side note, there seems to be a lot of salty Swans supporters in this thread considering most said they never wanted joe anyway 😂

One or two have become quite tiresome 😉

Apparently every report that the Swans didn’t target joe is gospel, and every report that they did is unsubstantiated rumour. Interestingly, this variation can occur across the reports of a single journalist 😂
I sense you're about to trigger some autism.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
As Duckworth pointed out above there were reports that Sydney was courting Daniher. If you want to try to somehow split hairs and say this means they weren’t “targeting” him, OK then. I will ask you where you got this info that they definitely weren’t targeting him though, as I’m sure you would never make an unsubstantiated claim.
I have not and won't make a claim about any of this because I don't know. Neither do you, but I don't invent scenarios where I detail what a club said to a player then use it as a basis to attack a club. That's what it comes down to. Post opinions and suppositions all you like, but if you post your opinion or feelings as a factual sequence of events then I don't get what's so upsetting about being called on it.

You’ll note my other claims were preceded by the qualifiers “no doubt” and “obviously”. This indicates that the following claims are opinion, albeit an opinion I believe are strongly supported by the events and facts around how the situation played out.
Which is weird, because when I first challenged you on this, you referred to them as statements of fact.
I mean, you just mocked a poster for this then (apparently) used the same source as a basis for your fan fiction about the Swans discussions with Daniher.

Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
Which is weird, because when I first challenged you on this, you referred to them as statements of fact.
No you moron, I said 50% of my statements were fact:
Two out the four statements I made were fact.

Joe Daniher is contracted.
Sydney failed to make the trade (Dodoro was very clear about wanting to keep Joe)

2 out of 4 equals 50%. Apparently your maths is about as good as your reading comprehension.
This has become thoroughly boring.

I'll let you get back to your model trains now.

I have not and won't make a claim about any of this because I don't know. Neither do you, but I don't invent scenarios where I detail what a club said to a player then use it as a basis to attack a club. That's what it comes down to. Post opinions and suppositions all you like, but if you post your opinion or feelings as a factual sequence of events then I don't get what's so upsetting about being called on it.
When someone says they 'no doubt made assurances' it's pretty obvious that it's someone's opinion. This is a footy forum, and even worse, it's a discussion about trade week. It must have been a difficult time of the year for you.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't blame Barrett. You know what his job is. He's a scab. He relys on one thing...access.
He will do or say anything to keep sweet with clubs, namely VIC clubs. That's his bread and butter.

Why don't bomber fans look closer to home. One of the reasons that dodo bloke cops criticism is because he finds it all just too damn hard to keep a secret. That is, to negotiate in good faith. Can't even do the basics. Zero integrity.
He must think that shovelling morsels to the scabs and getting ex players in the media to do his bidding is a winning formula. No wonder Dons are always behind the eight ball when it comes to trade time. Who the hell would want to tell them anything when it will be sugar coated and immediately fed out the back door within minutes. Their table deliberately leaks like a sieve.

How about that wannabe scab Matthew Lloyd. Very first thing second week it just so happens he's on trade radio saying he KNOWS what Sydney were offering....and trying to do the Dons bidding for them. Coincidental timing wasn't it Lloydy. Been chatting over the weekend maybe ? Got a call ? He wasn't even bothering to hide the fact he should NOT know anything FOR SURE.
Of course it turned out to be utter bullshit but that isn't the point is it.

Did anyone see Sydney deliberately leak utter junk ? As a matter of fact did anyone see any other club try this low brow junk ? Despite Carlton being keen on a trade that was never going to be easy, they maintained integrity and didn't try to bullshyt their way thru the media.

Plus, who the hell can be happy when they hear the number 1 priority of their club during TRADE week is to retain players. WTF. Daniher wax contracted...its not rocket science to set a price of $100,000 for an old car worth $5000. Its not difficult to NOT sell something. That's all they did. Don't need Einstein for that. So what about what the club actually needs ?

Bizarre place. Yeah now i can see why clubs hate dealing with them.

The state of that...

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Is Joe back in the city he hates yet?...or still enjoying life atm?
I think it’s more about the Daniher name and what he brings to the club. More memberships etc. the club would of copped a back lash if we had let him go. Considering their was no real good options available either. But that’s what Likely holds this club back. Not taking the necessary risks.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I think it’s more about the Daniher name and what he brings to the club. More memberships etc. the club would of copped a back lash if we had let him go. Considering their was no real good options available either. But that’s what Likely holds this club back. Not taking the necessary risks.

Luke Jackson could be donning the sash in 3 weeks time with an xtra 1st rd'er in your back pocket next year. Instead, Joe will be soon draggin his luggage and his bottom lip back thru Tulla airport.

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Luke Jackson could be donning the sash in 3 weeks time with an xtra 1st rd'er in your back pocket next year. Instead, Joe will be soon draggin his luggage and his bottom lip back thru Tulla airport.
I wouldn’t of picked Jackson.

Would of gone 5,25 and 44 for Joey and a third.

Back