Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

doesnt matter though does it?

he is a contracted player who's club doesnt want to lose him.

he is worth what he is worth to whoever has his contract? Essendon don't want to lose him so why should they lower their worth of him just because someone wants to get him? If any club expects to get a Contracted player they should be expected to pay overs.

Even if he nominates Sydney why should Essendon take less? Really dont get the argument.

Players hold way too much power ATM....Clubs need to given more power to enforce the contracts that players sign.
You are paying him on potential 700k not on his actually worth closer to 500k, and Essendon will enforce his contract as you dont really have a choice if you dont want to get unders on a trade...

You are paying him on potential 700k not on his actually worth closer to 500k, and Essendon will enforce his contract as you dont really have a choice if you dont want to get unders on a trade...

Yep

“I think he’ll go”: Daniher tipped to depart Essendon

i remember Lloydie saying im sure on FootyClassified that Essendon had a Contract extension infront of Daniher

Who gives a s**t what Murphy thinks? About as irrelevant as a you can get.

Bloke is a doughnut who has a 50/50 shot at being right.

this is funny, see how the Essendon supporters react, at the end of the day, its just a Game.

as they say, where's there's smoke, there's usually fire

Murphy’s opinion looked more rational than most, personally think he might be on the money

Meh, don’t like the bloke.

Anyways I’m happy for joe to go. Make sure the offer is a good one Sydney!

Pick 4 will get Grundy of Collingwood.
Pick 23 will get a broken Daniher.
You’d need significantly more than pick 4 to get Grundy out of Collingwood old chum...

I'm still not even convinced the meeting was about next year. Why would we approach him for next year, knowing fully well Dodoro is going to be far from reasonable, when we can get him for nothing next year? It would be different if we were a Premiership contender right now. But we're not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You blokes pushed Stringer out, very different situation.

All AA are the same no different. I was just stating that cos 1 of the replies said that he is an AA forward so won't go cheap.
My honest opinion is that I Thought he was going to be the best key forward and 1 of the best 3 players in the game after his AA year. Last 2 year's he has barely played and I feel if he does leave essendon dont think his body will get back to 100%.
I think pick 4 straight swap is probably about right. There is a high risk for Sydney with his body but their is a high reward if they get him right.

To me daniher is an all australian key position forward and is worth 2 first rounders if healthy. The 2 first rounders in play happen to be pick 4 and 8 which is probably overs but for 1 first round pick essendon are better off trying their luck and getting him healthy and if he walks they'll get a first round pick compensation anyway.

What’s it got to do with paps, we have pick 4

It ties in nicely with Papley wanting to come home and play for Carlton:

1. Dodoro will hold Daniher unless he gets what he sees as value for a young, popular, KPF/ruck, who is under contract and earning $900k per year.

2. Sydney may want to gain pick 8 from Carlton to either remove pick 4 from the negotiating table, or to use pick 4 and hold onto 8 to still have have a presence in the top 10 of the draft (and get value for money for having a bad year by Sydney standards).

3. Essendon may very well demand picks 4 and 8 and send Daniher and something else back to Sydney.

To me daniher is an all australian key position forward and is worth 2 first rounders if healthy. The 2 first rounders in play happen to be pick 4 and 8 which is probably overs but for 1 first round pick essendon are better off trying their luck and getting him healthy and if he walks they'll get a first round pick compensation anyway.
His record says no, talented but hasn't showed it long enough and will be 26 next year, Essendon will have battle just getting face value for him IF they wish to trade him...

It ties in nicely with Papley wanting to come home and play for Carlton:

1. Dodoro will hold Daniher unless he gets what he sees as value for a young, popular, KPF/ruck, who is under contract and earning $900k per year.

2. Sydney may want to gain pick 8 from Carlton to either remove pick 4 from the negotiating table, or to use pick 4 and hold onto 8 to still have have a presence in the top 10 of the draft (and get value for money for having a bad year by Sydney standards).

3. Essendon may very well demand picks 4 and 8 and send Daniher and something else back to Sydney.

Agree with point 2, I think we will offer a first round pick for him but it wont be pick 4, it will come from somewhere else.

Can't see point 1 and 3 eventuating, at the end of 2017 he could have commanded two first rounders but this is a 25 year old who has played 1, maybe 2 years to his potential and has question marks over his fitness. Yes he has a year left on his contract, but once that passes it becomes a question of money and not swapping draft picks so if Essendon want something in return for him, now is the time.

All this talk is being driven by Sam McClure anyway so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Someone said the other day only 4 key forwards have ever got an AA at 23 or under.

Joey, buddy Riewoldt(Nick) and Cameron.

Is this actually true?

Pav was excluded as he did it as a key back.

Either way he has Shown a lot as a young key fwd. I haven’t heard of many players “never being the same again” from op in 20 years.

from a dons perspective I would only trade him for way overs. He’s only a RFA next year so would just match or do a dangereske trade as a Worse case.

Sydney may not want to take that risk but they can just wait out and hope to get cheaper next year.

Someone said the other day only 4 key forwards have ever got an AA at 23 or under.

Joey, buddy Riewoldt(Nick) and Cameron.

Is this actually true?

Pav was excluded as he did it as a key back.

Either way he has Shown a lot as a young key fwd. I haven’t heard of many players “never being the same again” from op in 20 years.

from a dons perspective I would only trade him for way overs. He’s only a RFA next year so would just match or do a dangereske trade as a Worse case.

Sydney may not want to take that risk but they can just wait out and hope to get cheaper next year.
Pretty sure Lloyd won 3-4 AA by the time he was 23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back