Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to see him stay at Essendon, when his on his a top 3 KPF easily. He did take "unders" on his last contract, but obviously his missed heaps of footy so it seems overs. I think his Essendon's best player and his very marketable - so he would be a huge loss..

His a top bloke or at least was years ago (went to school with him). I think it's pretty 50/50 if he stays or goes, although my hunch is he goes. Ill preface it by saying even though I went to school with him I have 0 knowledge of his choice and haven't spoken to him for years.

Weak draft, I would expect at minimum he gets Essendon pick 4.

Last edited:
Actually in terms of draft picks would be the most expensive trade in history for a player that only averages 1.8 goals a game, 1 top 10 would be adequate for this trade and Essendon still getting overs on it...
4 and a second will get it done

Pick 4 if he is out the door.

Better than what they'll get next year as a RFA if he left. Pay nicely for a talented player, but loses value with 11 games in 2 years. End of 2017 he'd have been worth easily 2x top 10 picks.

What did Stringer cost the dons? Would be sort similar to him. Had 1 AA year similar age? and the last 2 pretty average. Since he is KPD maybe worth 4 or so picks higher.
Completely different set of circumstances. We want Joe, Bulldogs didn't want Jake. Dogs showed their hand before trade week had even started, we were always going to get him for unders. Getting Joe off us will require overs.

Someone said the other day only 4 key forwards have ever got an AA at 23 or under.

Joey, buddy Riewoldt(Nick) and Cameron.

Is this actually true?

No it's not true.

A quick Google would tell you that there are more. Lynch being a recent one.

But hey whatever, let's inflate what a player who has barely played for 2 years, and had 1 good year, is worth. Lol.

Lol, your club forum has a large thread slagging him off.

Is it really surprising other clubs supporters think the same?
Personally I'm still undecided. He's had some hits, he's had some misses. He was dealt a s**t hand trying to attract quality players to the club from '12-'16.

I think of recent times he's been more than reasonable. We probably payed overs for Shiel due to GWS digging their heals in, unders for Stringer for obvious reasons and the Smith and Saad deals were both done in a timely manner that both clubs were happy with.

Personally I'm still undecided. He's had some hits, he's had some misses. He was dealt a s**t hand trying to attract quality players to the club from '12-'16.

I think of recent times he's been more than reasonable. We probably payed overs for Shiel due to GWS digging their heals in, unders for Stringer for obvious reasons and the Smith and Saad deals were both done in a timely manner that both clubs were happy with.

Stringer is a space cadet and goes missing whenever it matters, grand finals, finals you name it. Nobody would pay overs lol.

Like I said, even your own supporters want him out, and he does have a history of being a PITA (Ryder says hi), so don't act surprised what others think about him.

Stringer is a space cadet and goes missing whenever it matters, grand finals, finals you name it. Nobody would pay overs lol.

Like I said, even your own supporters want him out, and he does have a history of being a PITA (Ryder says hi), so don't act surprised what others think about him.
Whilst we bag out his drafting/list balance abilities, when it comes times like these when a quality player wants out...its comforting to have him
You know he'll make this hard for Sydney. This year or next.

I would be more than happy to make him chief negotiator, but take the list management & drafting stuff away from him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm definitely not surprised, go back a couple pages and you'll see I predicted this exact thing being dragged out again. It just gets a bit tiresome having the conversation every offseason.

Didn't Sos only 2 seasons ago dig his heels in and be a campaigner about Bryce Gibbs wanting to go to Adelaide? But judging by your avatar I'm sure you see him receiving massive overs for Gibbs as a masterstroke by the messiah! But if Dodo was to do the same he'd be "hard to deal with"

Haha wtf? How does that change anything? He requested a trade?

It changed 2017 didn't it?

Let's see what Gibbs himself said:

"They [the officials] were obviously a bit shocked and took a bit of time to digest it. They didn't want me to go, but they respected my decision. They were happy to facilitate a trade, but it had to be the right one and they weren't going to go out of their way to get something done. "

"Through the whole process, there's been open and honest dialogue from me to the club and from the club back, and when it's like that, everyone's on the same page, and whatever it comes to, both parties know exactly what's going on and how to handle it, everyone's happy. When it came to me staying, there were phone calls straight away, catch-ups, and it was, 'righto, back to business as usual'. "

How did Dodoro handle Ryder?

Does Daniher want to stay?

Gibbs wanted to stay, it was his other half who wanted to go home. Any other reflections you care to share?

Nice deflection

You said Dodoro was a PITA to deal with and sited the Ryder deal.

It was then pointed out to you that Silvagne dug his heels in over Gibbs.

You turn the argument into why Gibbs wanted to go home.

You turn the argument into why Gibbs wanted to go home.

I didn't turn anything. I wasn't the one who brought him up.

Read Gibbs' quote above. Dug in his heels with Gibbs' blessing.

Would Ryder have such nice things to say about Dodoro?

I didn't turn anything. I wasn't the one who brought him up.

Read Gibbs' quote above. Dug in his heels with Gibbs' blessing.

Would Ryder have such nice things to say about Dodoro?

You absolutely did.

and he does have a history of being a PITA (Ryder says hi), so don't act surprised what others think about him.

Didn't Sos only 2 seasons ago dig his heels in and be a campaigner about Bryce Gibbs wanting to go to Adelaide? But judging by your avatar I'm sure you see him receiving massive overs for Gibbs as a masterstroke by the messiah! But if Dodo was to do the same he'd be "hard to deal with

Then you go on to ramble about WHY Gibbs wanted to go home.

The argument had nothing to do with why he wanted to go home but that you originally said that Dodoro is PITA to deal with then when it was pointed out to you Silvagne dug his heels in over Gibbs and holding him to your club until he got the right deal. YOU changed the argument to WHY he wanted to go home.

Deflection

The interest may not be from Sydney alone. Sure the bombers would prefer a auction if he has decided he wants out

Watch this space I reckon

The interest may not be from Sydney alone. Sure the bombers would prefer a auction if he has decided he wants out

Watch this space I reckon
We watched this space with Ryder, and got shafted
Admittedly, if Sydney was where he wanted, we have a pretty good history with GWS.

Not sure what sort of contract they could offer him though.
He's coming off 900k a year.

You absolutely did.

Is your monitor working ok? Scroll up. Orasia raised Gibbs in conversation first. Not me.

I only responded because Orasia was completely incorrect, everything SOS did was with his blessing and I corrected him with direct quotes from the player. How is that deflection? I literally gave the player's own words on the situation lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back