Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

RFA at the end of 2020.

Could mean something or it could just be Sam Manure putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.
Hard one for me, will he ever get over his issues and be AA again or will he be perennially injured?
On one hand it’s frees up a ton of cap space and gets us back into the draft but geez I’d hate to get rid of him and watch him dominate

This is my favourite part of the article.

Essendon full-forward Joe Daniher flew to Sydney recently to have a private meeting with Swans chief executive Tom Harley.
It is understood that Daniher was in Sydney for a follow-up meeting with his surgeon, who is based in NSW, following an operation on his troublesome groin earlier this year.

All in the one article. Genius.

Could mean something or it could just be Sam Manure putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.
Hard one for me, will he ever get over his issues and be AA again or will he be perennially injured?
On one hand it’s frees up a ton of cap space and gets us back into the draft but geez I’d hate to get rid of him and watch him dominate

Probably no chance of happening but if Swans gave us pick 4 (like McClure is suggesting) for Daniher you will take it wouldn't you? will free up a tone of cap space we can then go for some one like Jezza Cameron while also holding a top 5 pick

I mean, he’ll have met him for a reason. Maybe Sydney is just putting an offer on the table but he’s not likely to sign it, or maybe he wants a change

Good move by the Dons. Probably their last chance to get some value for Joe.
Pick 3 or 4 for Daniher and one or both of Essendon's second rounders?

Blokes a gun when fit...

Do you hold him for the risk of him never getting his body right or cash in now and make it someone elses problem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

id easily offer pick 4

if he gets his body right he is a freak

how damaged is it? looked ok kicking 5 or 6 on Anzac Day

But would the Swans waste pick 4, their lowest pick for 10 years, on a tall with groin problems who has played little to no footy for two seasons?

Swap for Jones more likely IMO.
It's a risk no doubt, but I wouldn't be shocked if they thought they could fix him.
Sydney love players they can put on billboards and if they think Buddy is finished maybe Joe is their man.

id easily offer pick 4

if he gets his body right he is a freak

how damaged is it? looked ok kicking 5 or 6 on Anzac Day

It's pretty ****ed. He may not even recover. That's the nature of OP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back