Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

'If' is the key word. I personally think Swans are crazy to target him. Maybe try next year when it'll cost nothing.

However if you guys are really paying him 900k then you'd definitely be entertaining offers from other clubs.

we arent.

he is on 650k a year with us......

'If' is the key word. I personally think Swans are crazy to target him. Maybe try next year when it'll cost nothing.

However if you guys are really paying him 900k then you'd definitely be entertaining offers from other clubs.

The worrying thing is I can't even say "well I trust the Swans medical staff to get him right" as the truth is I don't trust the Swans medical staff at all. I am not even sure they have degrees, as I think Tom Harley just found them on the street and asked them if they wanted a job.

I'm not going to dredge through this. It's off topic. Ryder, via his manager, media release made it perfectly clear the situation and why he wanted out.

so stop taking s**t then.

Ryder signed on with Essendon AFTER the Saga. If he wanted out he wouldn't have signed it.......He broke his contract with Essendon to go to Port on more cash, he simply used the Saga as a means to get his contract cancelled.

Joe signed a 2 mil contract over 3 years.....

mate, you starting to show a track record for posting s**t without actually doing any research on your own....

I trusted your fellow supporter posted correct information?

So am I not to trust your fellow supporters' posts?

If he wanted out he wouldn't have signed it.....

Just for the record, could you clarify the date he signed the contract extension?

Since we're talking doing our research and all...

I trusted your fellow supporter posted correct information?

So am I not to trust your fellow supporters' posts?

suggest going forward you check what you are re posting is factual.

It adds to a much better conversation.

Article: well over $2 million

So what is well over?

Considering you say he's on 650k this year with no source to confirm that figure is factual.

multiple sources put the number at 2 Mil over 3 years.

i have never seen anything referring too 900k a year. Happy to be proven wrong.

i have never seen anything referring too 900k a year. Happy to be proven wrong.

Fair enough, like I said, I was going by that other person's post. I didn't pluck the figure from thin air. Maybe they did.

suggest going forward you check what you are re posting is factual.

It adds to a much better conversation.

So was the contract extension date in May 2012? That appears to be the month reported by various media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So was the contract extension date in May 2012? That appears to be the month reported by various media.

umm

what are you talking about? JD contract extension was in 2017.....

JD was drafted in 2012.....

or have you flipped back to Ryder now?

Last edited:
Someone said the other day only 4 key forwards have ever got an AA at 23 or under.

Joey, buddy Riewoldt(Nick) and Cameron.

Is this actually true?

Pav was excluded as he did it as a key back.

Either way he has Shown a lot as a young key fwd. I haven’t heard of many players “never being the same again” from op in 20 years.

from a dons perspective I would only trade him for way overs. He’s only a RFA next year so would just match or do a dangereske trade as a Worse case.

Sydney may not want to take that risk but they can just wait out and hope to get cheaper next year.
Carey, Loewe, Neitz, Gehrig, Lloyd, Richo, Tredrea & Tarrent,

umm

what are you talking about? JD contract extension was in 2017.....

JD was drafted in 2012.....

or have you flipped back to Ryder now?

Of course Ryder. I quoted your last post regarding Ryder...Daniher wasn't even playing in 2012...

You think Daniher is valued more than Shiel?

No, not at all. AA caliber forward who can just as easily grab MOY as bang a goal off of one step from 55m. Reckon a 4th rounder should cover this one. Maybe with Essendon sending something back.

Inb4 “REEE past performance does not reflect future performance, REE he is damaged goods” - you do not court a player that you think will be a shadow of themselves, or won’t make it on the pitch - you trade on the potential impact on your team- and he has massive potential.

Worth less than Shiel. Pssssh.

so stop taking s**t then.

Ryder signed on with Essendon AFTER the Saga. If he wanted out he wouldn't have signed it.......He broke his contract with Essendon to go to Port on more cash, he simply used the Saga as a means to get his contract cancelled.
Didn't he sign a 4 year deal in 2012? Saga started in Feb 2013.

Of course Ryder. I quoted your last post regarding Ryder...Daniher wasn't even playing in 2012...

the post you quoted was a response from me to you ABOUT DANIHER.....

regardless, Ryder signed a contract extension at Essendon after the club finished its injection program in 2012.

Can we stop talking about other s**t and stick on the trade news with Daniher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back