Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

the injection program finished prior to him signing.

So they warned Ryder that the club would be self reporting in Feb 2013, prior to him signing an extension in May 2012?

So which should we believe? What an Essendon supporter on an online forum thinks Gibbs was purportedly thinking at the time? Or Gibbs' direct quotes in the media at the time?

Jog on.
Not sure why you’re posting here then when f you believe everything players say in the media, Joe has said he’s staying

So they warned Ryder that the club would be self reporting in Feb 2013, prior to him signing an extension in May 2012?

i doubt it but if he had issues with getting thousands of injections off site and all the other dodgyness that came along with it he didnt feel too bad about it prior to singing his extension.

Can we ******* stick to daniher trade now?

i doubt it but if he had issues with getting thousands of injections off site and all the other dodgyness that came along with it he didnt feel too bad about it prior to singing his extension.

Can we ******* stick to daniher trade now?

Sure can.

Just wanted to make sure we are talking facts here. As you requested. Facts are very important. Considering you posted he signed AFTER the saga and have suddenly backflipped when given the actual timeline.

So is Daniher worth 2 firsts like another post suggested? Is he valued higher than Shiel?

Sure can.

Just wanted to make sure we are talking facts here. As you requested. Facts are very important. Considering you posted he signed AFTER the saga and have suddenly backflipped when given the actual timeline.

So is Daniher worth 2 firsts like another post suggested? Is he valued higher than Shiel?

saga to me is the injection period itself. Tomato Tomato - whatever. i didn't backflip on s**t.

Yes Daniher is valued higher then Sheil IF we are confident he can be healthy again......Essendon will likely ask 2 first round picks which will then turn into 1st and second rounder. Thats if a deal gets done.

Sure can.

2017 Daniher worth 2 top 5 picks.
2018 & 2109 worth a 3rd rounder.

If he leaves it will be somewhere in the middle. Pick 4 and a 2nd rounder looks about right.

This 2 1st rounders is way to vague - 2 picks in the top 5 is a lot different to 2 picks in the late teens.

saga to me is the injection period itself. Tomato Tomato - whatever. i didn't backflip on s**t.

Yes Daniher is valued higher then Sheil IF we are confident he can be healthy again......Essendon will likely ask 2 first round picks which will then turn into 1st and second rounder. Thats if a deal gets done.

Daniher is a legit chance to be the best forward in the AFL..a 1st and 2nd...at least make sure the swans buy the lube.

dont try and trade for contracted players and you wont get burnt? We didn't want to lose Ryder, unsure why we should have to to give him for what Port think he is worth?

why the fu** is Essendon or any other club entitled to give another club a fair trade for a CONTRACTED player.

You should expect to pay overs if you are trying to get a contracted player. Its laughable people giving dodo s**t for doing whats best for the club he is employed by.

Maybe because Ryder asked to leave? Especially considering his circumstances at the club at the time that was a pretty reasonable request.

You were losing Ryder one way or another that trade period after what he said about the club.

Couple of problems with the premise of your question.

1. Essendon overpaid for Shiel.
2. Danniher is better than Shiel, but he also has a significant injury question mark which lowers his value.

I get a chuckle out of the "injury lessons his value" nonsense. So you reckon the swans are p1ssing in his pocket and hoping he plays 10 games a year?

No doubt they have been telling him EFC have f.cked up his injury management and their docs will fix him.

Harley has obviously been working him for months and has been caught with his hand ion the cookie jar. I think the 'unders' boat has sailed.

Daniher is a legit chance to be the best forward in the AFL..a 1st and 2nd...at least make sure the swans buy the lube.

meh you have to be realistic.

Fact is Daniher has been injured last 2 years. I very much doubt we can get 2 first rounders for him knowing theirs definite risk there. no doubt we will try.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is Ryder to know the saga was about to unfold in May 2012? He was told everything was above board at that point in time.

Swans get our Pick 9 for Papley, Pick 9 to Essendon for Daniher who hasn't played much in 2 years. Sounds about right for all involved, considering he's just come off surgery, will have a limited preseason and won't be at his best in 2020.

Sure can.

Seems like the quoted poster asks to stick to the Daniher talk whenever you point out something they have said isn't factual. Did it on the Swans board too re attendance numbers.

How is Ryder to know the saga was about to unfold in May 2012? He was told everything was above board at that point in time.

Swans get our Pick 9 for Papley, Pick 9 to Essendon for Daniher who hasn't played much in 2 years. Sounds about right for all involved, considering he's just come off surgery, will have a limited preseason and won't be at his best in 2020.

a first round pick alone want get it done for daniher. that's just obvious.

If you think Essendon will accept that you havent paid much attention to dodo lately.

Seems like the quoted poster asks to stick to the Daniher talk whenever you point out something they have said isn't factual. Did it on the Swans board too re attendance numbers.

its factually correct swans HA numbers are down year on year the last 3 years. something you can easily access this info yourself. I simply just want to talk about daniher, in a daniher trade thread. Maybe i need to just stop biting to people baiting me?

you seemingly are just upset that i pointed it out? Sorry, thought it was well known and obvious. my bad....

Draft picks are overrated and at that point it wasn't knowledge he'd miss a full year. It was end of 1st + end of 2nd in an ordinary draft year. To put into context between those picks of 17 + 37 Carlton managed to draft Blaine Boekhoerst and Dillon Viojo-Rainbow.

If trading for an AA ruck is the worst list decision you'll make then you're in a good spot. FWIW I'd put Watts for 31 as a worse decision than 17+37 for Ryder

We've obviously made worse decisions like trading in Toumpas but it doesn't change what a mess that trade was for us, especially when you look past the picks spent.

We got Paddy to play a forward/ruck role. In his first year we found out he couldn't do that role and was only interested in playing as solo ruck - and proceeded to fight for a spot with our vice captain (which he justifiably won). We then had to trade in Dixon the next year because we still needed that tall forward/ruck that Paddy was meant to be.

Paddy misses a year due to very foreseeable circumstances. Lobbe does his knee and we have to play backup rucks for all of 2016.

Fast forward a bit and we trade out Lobbe as a cash dump because we signed him on good money with the expectation he'd be our number 1 ruck and leader of the club but he no longer has a role in the team since Ryder moved into the ruck role permanently.

Watts hasnt quite delivered on what we'd hoped in comparison.

And watch both leave in 2 years time.

Top 10 picks dred getting drafted to GC. The AFL needs to admit that GC's problems run deeper then just getting the best kids there.

If both go up there and Will Phillips follows the next season, I'd be shocked if any one of them left.

If you think Essendon will accept that you havent paid much attention to dodo lately.

Correct me if I'm wrong, feel free to confirm the facts, but Dodo (your chosen moniker for him, not mine) negotiated all last trade period with GWS aggressively over their demands of 2x firsts.... to ultimately trade Shiel in for....2x firsts with a steak knives pick 35.

Sounds like he accepted that.

its factually correct swans HA numbers are down year on year the last 3 years. something you can easily access this info yourself. I simply just want to talk about daniher, in a daniher trade thread. Maybe i need to just stop biting to people baiting me?

you seemingly are just upset that i pointed it out? Sorry, thought it was well known and obvious. my bad....
You called Swans fans fickle, but neglected to mention the difference was a couple thousand fans per home game, nothing dramatic. You also neglected to mention Franklin was out for a large portion of the year and has proven to be a draw, regardless of which club he plays for.

I'm not upset that you pointed it out. I'm upset that you bent the truth to suggest Daniher wouldn't want to play for some club with "fickle fans". And the irony of the fact that you're trying to run with that narrative when Daniher played for a club which saw crowd numbers plummet in one of his breakout years in 2016 isn't lost on me at all either.

We all know how good he is when fit and he is currently contracted and Essendon don't appear to be selling. I'd say he is worth Pick 4 and a second round pick of some sorts. It is a big gamble, yes but if he gets fit and returns to be the same, if not better player, that will be unders.

Another thing people seem to get confused by is how much he's worth and how much Swans fans would be comfortable with paying for him. A lot of Swans fans aren't comfortable with giving up as much as might be expected for him because of his contract and injury troubles, which is perfectly reasonable.

At the end of the day, it's all speculation and meaningless anyway, because we're not the ones doing the deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back