Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Another thing people seem to get confused by is how much he's worth and how much Swans fans would be comfortable with paying for him. A lot of Swans fans aren't comfortable with giving up as much as might be expected for him because of his contract and injury troubles, which is perfectly reasonable.

At the end of the day, it's all speculation and meaningless anyway, because we're not the ones doing the deal.

It could be an O'Meara situation and it takes him time to come good and find form. Problem is O'Meara is doing that now and Daniher only just had surgery. About the same age.

I can understand the uncomfort.

Correct me if I'm wrong, feel free to confirm the facts, but Dodo (your chosen moniker for him, not mine) negotiated all last trade period with GWS aggressively over their demands of 2x firsts.... to ultimately trade Shiel in for....2x firsts with a steak knives pick 35.

Sounds like he accepted that.

In the instance of Sheil - we had to pay the price or he would have gone to Carlton, GWS could float him as they new they had to get rid of him due to CAP squeeze....dodo didn't have the negotiating power so at the end we had to give the price GWS wanted.

In the instance of Daniher he is a contacted player who we don't want to lose, so dodo will and can play hardball.

You called Swans fans fickle, but neglected to mention the difference was a couple thousand fans per home game, nothing dramatic. You also neglected to mention Franklin was out for a large portion of the year and has proven to be a draw, regardless of which club he plays for.

I'm not upset that you pointed it out. I'm upset that you bent the truth to suggest Daniher wouldn't want to play for some club with "fickle fans". And the irony of the fact that you're trying to run with that narrative when Daniher played for a club which saw crowd numbers plummet in one of his breakout years in 2016 isn't lost on me at all either.

OK i am sorry i called you fickle.......Even though your fans don't turn up when you are losing to the same extent you are winning.......

Yeah, kind of a different story in 2016....you are more then welcome to view Essendons crowd numbers from 2004 to 2015 (we have been s**t this entire time) and come back.

OK i am sorry i called you fickle.......Even though your fans don't turn up when you are losing to the same extent you are winning.......

Yeah, kind of a different story in 2016....you are more then welcome to view Essendons crowd numbers from 2004 to 2015 (we have been s**t this entire time) and come back.
It's not different. You were losing and your crowd numbers dropped off in the tens of thousands. We were losing and had our marquee player out and crowd numbers dropped off by a couple thousand.

It's not different. You were losing and your crowd numbers dropped off in the tens of thousands. We were losing and had our marquee player out and crowd numbers dropped off by a couple thousand.

rofl, yeah a single anomaly year having your entire team out vs a club thats been losing crowd numbers over a number of years.

keep it to yourself or PM me, sick of this daniher trade thread being filled with s**t from other threads.

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Seeing as Essendon will likely get a top 10 pick for him next year under the RFA rules, i dont see why they would take that now.

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
In the instance of Sheil - we had to pay the price or he would have gone to Carlton, GWS could float him as they new they had to get rid of him due to CAP squeeze....dodo didn't have the negotiating power so at the end we had to give the price GWS wanted.

In the instance of Daniher he is a contacted player who we don't want to lose, so dodo will and can play hardball.

Well you asked if I had been watching Dodo recently, and the facts represent that Dodo paid overs on his recent acquisition. Fact.

So your comment "you havent paid much attention to dodo lately. " is deemed false. And not a Fact. As I have been watching. And Dodo paid overs.

Anything else?

Well you asked if I had been watching Dodo recently, and the facts represent that Dodo paid overs on his recent acquisition. Fact.

So your comment "you havent paid much attention to dodo lately. " is deemed false. And not a Fact. As I have been watching. And Dodo paid overs.

Anything else?

Incorrect again.

I said dodo want let Daniher go for a single first round pick.

We paid overs for shiel

Swans will pay overs for daniher

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Another thing people seem to get confused by is how much he's worth and how much Swans fans would be comfortable with paying for him. A lot of Swans fans aren't comfortable with giving up as much as might be expected for him because of his contract and injury troubles, which is perfectly reasonable.

At the end of the day, it's all speculation and meaningless anyway, because we're not the ones doing the deal.
You will do your due diligence. If there are worries over his future health you won’t offer much. But if your medicos are confident of getting him back to full health then it he could be a great get.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
no need to pluralise
the ave dropped about 10k. For a base that was well within its right to desert the club. it wasnt as if we just weren't winning
We'd been through 4 years of garbage from the club

no need to pluralise
the ave dropped about 10k. For a base that was well within its right to desert the club. it wasnt as if we just weren't winning
We'd been through 4 years of garbage from the club
Point remains and I have no problem with your base deserting the club. It kind of shoots bullets through his rubbish argument though.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Point remains and I have no problem with your base deserting the club. It kind of shoots bullets through his rubbish argument though.
All clubs lose some fans when going through rough patches
its a long, pricey day/night to commit to & when the going ain't good some will opt not to

Wait for the day Carlton put it all together. their crowd numbers will sky rocket.

perplexed

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Essendon win 38% of games when Joe plays.
They win 62% when he doesn't.
And no it's not just the drug affected years, Essendon consistently perform better without him.

All clubs lose some fans when going through rough patches
its a long, pricey day/night to commit to & when the going ain't good some will opt not to

Wait for the day Carlton put it all together. their crowd numbers will sky rocket.
Exactly. Which again shoots bullets through the argument of the poster I was responding to. I don't begrudge Bombers fans for dropping off in 2016, nor do I begrudge them dropping off in 2002. Fact of the matter is, though, his argument that Sydney fans are fickle has no (modern) evidence to substantiate it.

Essendon win 38% of games when Joe plays.
They win 62% when he doesn't.
And no it's not just the drug affected years, Essendon consistently perform better without him.
Well, there you have it.

Daniher + Essendon's first for Sydney's second. Pay up Bombers.

Good, want Dodo to play such hard ball we say seeya next year. Daniher is not a positional need for us in 2020, will cost too much in picks and salary AND he's hardly played in two years. The majority of Swans supporters seem to feel the same as me, we don't need another KPF, we need quality mids.

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Good, want Dodo to play such hard ball we say seeya next year. Daniher is not a positional need for us in 2020, will cost too much in picks and salary AND he's hardly played in two years. The majority of Swans supporters seem to feel the same as me, we don't need another KPF, we need quality mids.
Yes Sydney can gain some of the advantage back about paying overs, or even offload aging Parker late picks for Daniher leaving you with picks to get the midfielders you want...

Back