JOE quizzes

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Myself and jd2010 usually have a crack at these and try to top each other, be interesting to see how the rest of the board go - for those interested.

Post your score obviously

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/quiz-na...ed-20-goals-in-a-premier-league-season-128783

Got 32, missed a few obvious ones, and some not so obvious.

If posting your results/who you missed please use spoilers.

Last edited:

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
26, lmao. Did it between AFL 360 ad-breaks though, so didn't structure my time well.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
30, saw the full list and can't believe I couldn't remember some of them

I only remembered Cristiano Ronaldo with 30 seconds left. Picked Bent, Klinsmann and Cole before him. Shocking. Also, it came as a surprise that some of the highest EPL scorers of all time haven't hit 20+ in a season.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
FWIW I missed

Klinsmann, Johnson (doubt anybody gets him lol), Sturridge, Bale, Yaya, Adebayor, Sanchez & Sutton.

Got Bent by chance cos I was going for Benteke :D

The second last one in that list is the only really obvious one IMO.

Hard to believe that Toure has scored 20+ but Gerrard hasn't.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Torres (lol), Vardy (lol) Berbatov, Andrew Johnson, Alan Shearer, L Saha, J Beattie, K Phillips, I Wright, L Ferdindand, S Collymore, Klinsmann, Le Tissier, C Sutton, Beardsley, Sheringham

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
I somehow blanked out Vardy and Costa, which are just two seasons ago

Andrew Johnson and Saha are the ones I can't believe I missed, probably coz they're blueshites and mancs. Beattie Toure and Klinsmann are the ones I would've never gotten. Missed the obvious ones like Wright and Ferdinand

Thought Michael Ricketts would be there as the strange one

Last edited:

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Wow!

Nah, if you know it but get the spelling wrong, I reckon it counts.

They both worked for me, prob just spelled them wrong.

Sheringham and Le Tissier i wrote every way i could think of but it wouldn't accept them. I missed Beardsly, Beattie, Johnson, Toure, Sturridge

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Sheringham and Le Tissier i wrote every way i could think of but it wouldn't accept them. I missed Beardsly, Beattie, Johnson, Toure, Sturridge
Le Tissier is a tough one, going quite far back and not playing for one of the heavyweights. Props for knowing that. You must be a bit older than I!

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yeah must have mispelt them cos as I said, I got both and it worked for me.

I think a lot of us missed quite a few of the same, those last three in particular. I think I am the only one to have got the second one so far?

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I got 30 out of 40. Not too bad.

The 10 I missed were...

Andy Johnson, Louis Saha, James Beattie, Yaya, Tevez, Sutton, Beardsley, Klinsmann, Collymore and Ferdinand.

Cant believe I forgot Tevez, Les Ferdinand and Collymore. I remembered Sutton but not the name. Like I remembered someone partnering Shearer and having a big year, but couldnt remember the name.

Same with Beattie, he was the obscure on with Kevin Phillips. Similar types kinda, band them in but for smaller clubs.

Back