Podcast Joe Rogan Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

is that what he did though? Do we have the video of him discussing his treatment originally? I’m sure he mentioned monoclonal antibodies as part of his medical regimen and the media chose to concentrate on IVM and call it horse dewormer. Of course, CNN was not alone in doing this, and it is a concerted effort being used at the moment as the way to discredit IVM in all media, including here in Australia.
We’ll of course they would because it isn’t approved for covid treatments. My brother is an epidemiologist though and he said it’s 90% likely it was the monoclonal antibodies that helped in his recovery.

It’s like having a headache and taking an aspirin and paint thinner and then presuming it was definitely the paint thinner that resolved it when it was more likely the former.

Except he is as culpable now because he has such a large platform with thousands of people listening to him on various forms of social media. A lot of people do use him as a reputable source because of that.
He isn't because he doesn't claim to be providing journalism or expert medical advice. They are simply not alike.

There are trust metrics for media. Usually annual reports, don’t know how they measure it. But I’d be surprised if the next report is improved on the last.

If policy based lying isn’t cause for the audience to lose trust in the media, those audience members have strange set of standards.
Trust in media has been low for years. I'm not sure what point you think you're making?

He isn't because he doesn't claim to be providing journalism or expert medical advice. They are simply not alike.
You don't think fans or people with confirmation bias on something like this won't use his testimony etc as gospel though? I've got cousins who literally believe everything the guy says.

You don't think fans or people with confirmation bias on something like this won't use his testimony etc as gospel though? I've got cousins who literally believe everything the guy says.
That's a reflection on your cousins, their credulity and lack of critical thinking.

Rogan simply doesn't claim to adhere to the same standards as CNN. He's not a journalist nor does he claim to be offering expert medical advice. That doesn't mean he should mislead his audience but he is simply not in the same business as CNN. He's not running a news network.

That's a reflection on your cousins, their credulity and lack of critical thinking.

Rogan simply doesn't claim to adhere to the same standards as CNN. He's not a journalist nor does he claim to be offering expert medical advice. That doesn't mean he should mislead his audience but he is simply not in the same business as CNN. He's not running a news network.
I agree with most of what you have said. I just think he has to have some sense of also adhering to the same standards that he himself is calling out is all.

I agree with most of what you have said. I just think he has to have some sense of also adhering to the same standards that he himself is calling out is all.
He shouldn't mislead his audience. That doesn't make him a news network or mean he is beholden to the same standards.

He also criticises the New York Times. That does mean anyone should expect him to adhere to the same journalistic standards of sourcing, editing, fact-checking, balance and accuracy. That would be an unrealistic expectation. He's one guy having conversations with people he deems interesting, and his positions are often deeply flawed and unsophisticated. It's fair to criticise him for those positions but to suggest he should be held to the same standards as a global news outlet completely misunderstands the different formats and the fact Rogan is neither a journalist nor an expert on many of the topics he discusses.

Last edited:
Only ever watched a bit of this podcast on youtube in past.
Seen about 10 minutes of interview with Jewel and absolutely fascinating.
Annoying cannot see whole thing there.
Finally had to goto Spotify to get an account to hear more of it.
Her life story is crazy interesting.
Such a different background to most of us or most musical performers.
Only listened to maybe first hour as had to goto bed last night but I cannot wait to get to story about her Mum. Only heard little of it before but this should be interesting. Rogan is a really great interviewer as he just ask questions as they pop up in his head rather some pre-set interview topic.
I'm loving how he thinks it amazing she not killed herself early in life as if everything after she got famous must have been better. I sense whatever the story is about her Mum must be a real mind*. Going to tune into more of it tonight but does it really go three hours and if so bravo for not sticking to some small time limit. If any person is interesting, I always love to hear more. The stuff about her grandparents was bloody interesting too.

Last edited:

He's not a journo.

He just sits around shooting the s**t with people.

The difference really is he doesn't deliberately mislead people, the people he calls out do.

Only ever watched a bit of this podcast on youtube in past.
Seen about 10 minutes of interview with Jewel and absolutely fascinating.
Annoying cannot see whole thing there.
Finally had to goto Spotify to get an account to hear more of it.
Her life story is crazy interesting.
Such a different background to most of us or most musical performers.
Only listened to maybe first hour as had to goto bed last night but I cannot wait to get to story about her Mum. Only heard little of it before but this should be interesting. Rogan is a really great interviewer as he just ask questions as they pop up in his head rather some pre-set interview topic.
I'm loving how he thinks it amazing she not killed herself early in life as if everything after she got famous must have been better. I sense whatever the story is about her Mum must be a real mindfu**. Going to tune into more of it tonight but does it really go three hours and if so bravo for not sticking to some small time limit. If any person is interesting, I always love to hear more. The stuff about her grandparents was bloody interesting too.
Then listen to his one with Yeonmi Park and her story of escaping North Korea. Its amazing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fight announcer comedian talking like a human being to a variety of other human beings, unfiltered, is the most successful media personality in the world.

It's a reflection on the absolute sh*t that is established/traditional media.
What a ridiculously narrow minded take

A fight announcer comedian talking like a human being to a variety of other human beings, unfiltered, is the most successful media personality in the world.

It's a reflection on the absolute sh*t that is established/traditional media.

I can't remember who he was talking to recently but they agreed that we should no longer refer to the "mainstream media". Corporate press would be a more accurate term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back