Podcast Joe Rogan Experience

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
He has the right to be sceptical but when he peddles out misinformation and baseless claims about Australia and other matters and doesn’t backtrack when the information to correct his views is presented …then well fu** him
7 lockdowns in Victoria still led to 1800+ cases a day.
Rogan himself got covid and recovered, test show afterwards his anti bodies were much stronger than those who had been double vaxxed.
He advocates those immu-compromised to get Vaxxed..
He has plenty of reasons to criticise Australia and have views on himself not being vaxxed.

Cyber_punk

Doomer
Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I used to like the show back in the early days of Sam Harris circa 2012-2016. He does seem to be slowly slipping down that neocon hole though, probably due to having nothing but right wingers on for a couple of years now.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
Got two and a half hours in and Rogan pushes on to her Mum. I already sense she going to be a witch. Just sense Jewel like to talk about anything else.
Guess I find out in last hour just how much of a witch her mother was.
I checked the podcast list and saw Jewel, and I thought oh yeah here is a Spotify pick. I thought * it, I might be surprised.
I really was. Might be one of the best interviews he's done, she was such a great guest. I could listen to her speak for 10 hours. Would highly recommend her episode to anyone who isn't sure, she's fascinating and has had a really interesting life.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
Strange Cat calling Rogan a RWNJ is an example of politically charged hatred-filled society we live in today. Rogans podcast is popular because hes fairly well-balanced, and he provides a platform for discussion for which our exponentially complex world needs.

Rogan has interviewed Bernie Sanders and Tulsi Gabbard from the Democrat party. If Strange Cat wasn't an ignorant person he/she would know that and saw the discourse between Rogan and both Democrats was respectful and engaging. Rogan has openly admitted that Sanders was his preferred President but didnt get the nomination over Biden.

He also had Steve Pinker and Jonathan Haidt on as well, who are anything but right wing. In both chats he was agreeing with them on basically everything (both unsurprisingly were excellent discussions). Bret Weinstein has been on a couple of times as well who is way more left than either.

It's always amusing how bent out of shape people get by his podcast. You don't like it don't listen. Pretty simple solution really.

Love how if you're not with the hard left completely you have to be rwnj and there's no middle ground. Let's of course just ignore that they won't hold their own media like CNN to the same standards we expect of a podcaster regarding misinformation, let's ignore the large amount of anti vaxx that lean very hard left in this country because apparently that's only for rwnj's and of course the go to card of playing the victim when someone doesn't agree with you even when you threw mud first.

Rogan's quality has dipped a lot, especially since Spotify. Some of that was due to helping out a lot of his comedian friends during covid which I don't really care to listen to. He's always quick to believe stuff and tell others on the podcast without fact checking but he doesn't hide that and he always mentions he can go all in ones hes interested in something which can be annoying at times when listening to a few shows in a row as he keeps going back to it. At the end of the day I think he represents the normal quiet majority who will agree and disagree with some things from both sides and his popularity backs that up. Unfortunately there's too many on the edges of both sides these days that go with the all in or enemy approach to anyone else.

Last edited:
How about whether you have conservative or liberal views, you're a good person and people on the extreme side of things aren't crazy because of their political ideology, they're crazy because they're a campaigner.

Ive disagreed a lot of with Joe, especially over views on Vacc stuff, but if someone is still a reasonable person - you shouldn't disown them for differing views.

Paraphrasing here, but even Joe has said as much on his podcast that he's a clueless idiot.

That's the appeal of his show. Common bloke interview with celebrities shooting the s**t that you won't get anywhere else on any medium. He's unmatched in that regard.

Clubs are trumps

All Australian
Mar 23, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Snoop Dogg just appeared on Rogan for almost 4 hours. Rogan actually looks nervous early then the weed and alcohol relaxes him a bit.

It's quite something to hear Rogan complain about the media being too partisan and ideological while Ben Shapiro is sitting opposite him.

I don't watch or listen to his shows(Shapiro) but I'm pretty sure he doesn't claim to be bipartisan. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rogan takes issue with those pretending to be genuine news sources.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't watch or listen to his shows(Shapiro) but I'm pretty sure he doesn't claim to be bipartisan. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rogan takes issue with those pretending to be genuine news sources.
Rogan takes issue with tribalism in general.

Does the Daily Wire not claim to be "genuine news"?

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
1637126283332.png

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bill Burr > Joe Rogan

Rogan's always been a chameleon. He was a Bernie bro when he lived in LA because he hung out with actors and comedians.

Then he moved to Texas, and his social circle changed to conservative, and now he's parroting them, same as he did in LA.

When he became huge, people on both sides knew they could go on his podcast, and as long as they weren't dipshits, they could push propaganda, and Joe would lap that s**t up.

He's a nice guy, but a dumb ass with a huge following, and people are slowly catching on to that.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Bill Burr > Joe Rogan

Rogan's always been a chameleon. He was a Bernie bro when he lived in LA because he hung out with actors and comedians.

Then he moved to Texas, and his social circle changed to conservative, and now he's parroting them, same as he did in LA.

When he became huge, people on both sides knew they could go on his podcast, and as long as they weren't dipshits, they could push propaganda, and Joe would lap that sh*t up.

He's a nice guy, but a dumb ass with a huge following, and people are slowly catching on to that.
There are only a handful of issues where Rogan knows enough to push back in real time.

It's great when it happens, like when Dave Rubin brought up construction and Rogan was like "WTF are you talking about?"

But it's rare. If someone like Ben Shapiro or Dan Crenshaw comes on and at least gives the appearance of being honest and willing to seek common ground, even if they're not, Rogan will treat them as honest brokers while allowing them to mislead his audience.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
The problem I think with rogan is that he has become too big.. people are taking him far too seriously now, he’s a bro comedian first and foremost, he’s got bro friends and does bro things, he’s not an intellectual and this is where the confusion or misconception occurs I think

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's a damn shame Sam Harris doesn't have the platform that Rogan has. Much more intellectual, nuanced, and goes after Trump 1000x harder and more effectively than Rogan ever could or would be willing to. But Sam's also attacked the Obama and Biden administration; if he's biased, there's not much in it. Haven't heard Rogan promoting Medicare for All or anything of that nature lately, though. He might support those things but you hardly ever hear any of the talking points from him that you would from Secular Talk or David Pakman.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's a damn shame Sam Harris doesn't have the platform that Rogan has. Much more intellectual, nuanced, and goes after Trump 1000x harder and more effectively than Rogan ever could or would be willing to. But Sam's also attacked the Obama and Biden administration; if he's biased, there's not much in it. Haven't heard Rogan promoting Medicare for All or anything of that nature lately, though. He might support those things but you hardly ever hear any of the talking points from him that you would from Secular Talk or David Pakman.
That’s cause Joe is about entertainment for the most part. Personally I could not give a single * about his political bias or opinion.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
The problem I think with rogan is that he has become too big.. people are taking him far too seriously now, he’s a bro comedian first and foremost, he’s got bro friends and does bro things, he’s not an intellectual and this is where the confusion or misconception occurs I think
But he wades into deeply political issues. I agree, he should steer clear of that, for the most part, but when he gets involved, people are going to critique him on those terms.

For example, when he hosts Dan Crenshaw and lets him spout GOP talking points unchallenged, people are going to criticise him for that. He's got an explicitly political, explicitly partisan guest. Why? Why do that if "Joe doesn't do politics"?

I think Joe is a relatively honest fellow who is open to hearing a spectrum of opinions. But I've seen RWers take advantage of his eagerness to find common ground. They roll in and pretend to be super reasonable, while misrepresenting their positions and the positions of "the left".

Occasionally he pushes back (Dave Rubin, Candace Owens), and you can see the ridiculousness of their grift. But all too often he lets it go because he doesn't know enough to challenge them on the details.

Last edited:
Rogan platforming douchebag Robert Malone:

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rogan platforming douchebag Robert Malone:
His episode (from what little I saw of it) recently was great about covid and how people like yourself have been utterly brainwashed by OTT fear

Worth a watch, you might see what's happened to you and the other hysterical loonies then how to get your life back

Back