Podcast Joe Rogan - Tricked again!

I've gotten to the 2 hour mark, bailing I reckon. There's listening and there's listening - 5 mins? Felt like Joe didn't say a word for about half an hour there at one point, I was legit drifting off listening to Jordy bang on about bible stories lol. I'm not even talking about him ideally pushing back more, its just makes for a less interesting podcast when the guest is essentially monologue-ing for most of it. I only listen semi-regularly these days but can't really recall a recent ep where he's been as quiet as this.

On the content, Jordy is rapidly disappearing up his own a-hole imo. Just seemed so consumed with culture war talking points, at least in the first hour. So much vitriol and anger in his voice when talking about trans/drag queen stuff. I'll admit I did find it a bit strange that Joe didn't push back even slightly on any of it considering he did so with Matt Walsh - Jordy calling it a psychological 'epidemic', kids being prescribed puberty blockers etc - which we know from the Walsh interview Joe specifically called out and identified that the numbers were no where near what he was pretending. Listening to Jordy you'd think every kid who sees someone about body anxiety issues walks out with a puberty blocker script and a mastectomy appointment. Also a pretty dishonest framing (implication that his concern is only about trans kids), Elliot Page is 35 years old.

Just seems a bit detached from reality. Stuff like painting the reaction he gets online as a furphy or invented outrage and "I've basically had only positive interactions face to face over the last 3 years". Just lol - might wanna compare apples with apples ie. try telling a large group of gay people celebrating pride week "remember when pride was a sin" face to face and see how positive your real world interaction is Jordy :drunk:

i dont understand half the s**t Peterson says because the language he uses. I'm surprised you made it 2 hours in.

feel like i need a dictionary next to me.

Not an episode for me

Watched a few segments of an old Adam Greentree episode recently. I've only lived down south, though holidayed up north, but I do agree with him on the difference between Australia and the US in terms of dangerous animals. Have camped/fished my whole life, never been that scared of snakes etc, but even just walking a bit off the trail at Yellowstone etc meant I was scanning every treeline for Bears (tbf I did see 4 or 5 of them and wasn't far from one of them). That said, visiting my Dad in Kununurra and being anywhere near a riverbank heightens the tension.

We have nothing like bears here. Nothing to that degree on land where we largely inhabit.

Australia has a lot of stuff that can kill you especially when threatened but nothing that will literally chase you and tear you apart if you come across it, at least on land. crocs and sharks will mess you up but that's in water where we dont really belong.

bears are on another level. if you come across one in the wild that happens to have a cub with it, you better have a gun.

Bloods86

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Everton, Socceroos
We have nothing like bears here. Nothing to that degree on land where we largely inhabit.

Australia has a lot of stuff that can kill you especially when threatened but nothing that will literally chase you and tear you apart if you come across it, at least on land. crocs and sharks will mess you up but that's in water where we dont really belong.

bears are on another level. if you come across one in the wild that happens to have a cub with it, you better have a gun.
I did get chased by an emu as a kid, certainly not ideal, but nothing like a bear. Greentree (and have heard it elsewhere) said that bears are generally skittish, but if they feel threatened or it's one that's actively looking for food around you (or you), then you're in trouble.

We saw one across a ravine, stopped the car, wandered down to have a look. Realised the ravine was just a large ditch once we got closer, so questionable whether all of us would have made it to the car if it had decided to charge. Obviously were more careful after that in judging barriers etc.

Bison are intimidating too. Good fun sitting in your Subaru Outback equivalent, having them walk past a metre away from the (stationary) car, making eye contact at the same level, their body/head taller than the car.

We do have a murder bird though

1675213904895.png

ElectricG

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
i dont understand half the s**t Peterson says because the language he uses. I'm surprised you made it 2 hours in.

feel like i need a dictionary next to me.

Not an episode for me
I’ve got more time for Jorpy than most people and I bailed at about 35m. I’ve heard all of this stuff about dominance hierarchies blah blah blah before.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am still not sick of Brown.

Joe ft Russ - covered somewhere in there.

Chief please stop posting like a Gen Z-er and give us some cliff notes or something?

Chief please stop posting like a Gen Z-er and give us some cliff notes or something?
Don't be such a boomer.

I said it's Joegan and Russ.

You don't have to watch it. Crumblies don't understand this stuff anyway.

Back