Podcast Joe Rogan - Tricked again!

Remove this Banner Ad

You need to add this one to your collection.
Title 'Western Heroes'
Can get it for less than $100
View attachment 1630706
Is that David Goggins on the left? Is he a RWNJ? Who’s that between Musk and Tate? It’s missing Rogan and Ben though maybe little Shapiro is under the table. Throw in Brand and Crowder and Candace for good measure.

Is that David Goggins on the left? Is he a RWNJ? Who’s that between Musk and Tate? It’s missing Rogan and Ben though maybe little Shapiro is under the table. Throw in Brand and Crowder and Candace for good measure.
Not sure,don't know second from left either.
Just goes to show if you put Joe in your print you can add another zero to the price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure,don't know second from left either.
Just goes to show if you put Joe in your print you can add another zero to the price.
Second from right?

I assumed it was how cool JP imagined himself to look when he wore the bowtie/tux and the split-colour suit on Rogan.

As far as I'm aware David Goggins is not controversial like the others, not sure why he's featured in both pics.

There is a discussion to be had about which of the current RW villains are grifters and which ones genuinely believe their own messages.

For example I don't believe JBP is a grifter, I believe he is insane. Back in the day he wrote Maps of Meaning (which I believe to be outstanding) and released many lectures for free on YouTube. I don't believe the recent culture war bs is him knowingly lying to make a buck, I believe he has become severely damaged (personal issues, addiction, internet notoriety, bizarre Russian treatments, beef only diet etc) and others (eg Daily Wire) have taken advantage of this. Someone who cares about him should drag his ass off twitter and away from the limelight.

I don't think Rogan is a grifter, I think he's a guy who is not super intelligent and loves hearing about conspiracies and contrarian takes on things. I largely enjoy his podcast.

Tucker? A grifter. He might believe a percentage of what he says but is largely in it for the cash-money by selling outrage and bizarre testical-tanning products.

Shapiro? Hard to say, probably a bit of both.

Alex Jones? I'd say mostly grifter, but to have been playing this character consistently for decades now I'd say he does genuinely believe a decent amount of the stuff he says.

Tate? Grifter. The narcissism is real but pretending that he wants to help young men in any way is difficult to believe.

Thoughts?

As far as I'm aware David Goggins is not controversial like the others, not sure why he's featured in both pics.

There is a discussion to be had about which of the current RW villains are grifters and which ones genuinely believe their own messages.

For example I don't believe JBP is a grifter, I believe he is insane. Back in the day he wrote Maps of Meaning (which I believe to be outstanding) and released many lectures for free on YouTube. I don't believe the recent culture war bs is him knowingly lying to make a buck, I believe he has become severely damaged (personal issues, addiction, internet notoriety, bizarre Russian treatments, beef only diet etc) and others (eg Daily Wire) have taken advantage of this. Someone who cares about him should drag his ass off twitter and away from the limelight.

I don't think Rogan is a grifter, I think he's a guy who is not super intelligent and loves hearing about conspiracies and contrarian takes on things. I largely enjoy his podcast.

Tucker? A grifter. He might believe a percentage of what he says but is largely in it for the cash-money by selling outrage and bizarre testical-tanning products.

Shapiro? Hard to say, probably a bit of both.

Alex Jones? I'd say mostly grifter, but to have been playing this character consistently for decades now I'd say he does genuinely believe a decent amount of the stuff he says.

Tate? Grifter. The narcissism is real but pretending that he wants to help young men in any way is difficult to believe.

Thoughts?
Agree to a fair extent.

JBP should be intelligent and rational enough so that some of the things he says are clearly him pretending that's his position, so he can make fame/money. Except he's clearly unwell, so it's hard to say what he actually would normally believe or not. I think he's been deceptive for a long time about certain things, but whether that's being misinformed (Bill C-16, preference of Trump over Clinton etc, some of his dominance/hierarchy takes) or trying to make a buck (vagueness on religious beliefs) differs depending on the topic. I do recall him dishonestly using data about child outcomes from single parent households to make the case that same-sex couples raising kids was a lesser option than heterosexual couples, and this was years ago before addiction and other issues, so there was definitely an ideologically driven dishonesty there to cater for a certain audience, from someone who should know better.

Shapiro doesn't have any visible mental health issues, and is clearly a smart guy, so some of the things he touts are willfully deceptive, things that rationally he can't believe. So he's either just being irrational due to religious or ideological reasons, or grifting. Some of the time anyway.

Rogan I'd class as similar to Shapiro, though obviously not as smart. I think he believes in some of his questionable claims and pet topics. But he does grift by pretending to champion freedom of speech, freedom for minorities (to some degree), empathy for the working class - but then openly supporting someone who quite clearly sh*ts on all of that in DeSantis. Some of it can be ignorance, but he's had people tell him this hypocrisy and he hasn't seemed to change. I'd lean towards the idea that he knows it's good for business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back