Joe Rogan

Remove this Banner Ad

lol "controversy clicks"

People don't click for controversy, they click for the baddest man on the planet Mike Tyson - rightly or wrongly. I'd say you're in a vast minority if your brain goes Tyson = rapist instead of Tyson = most brutal heavyweight champion in boxing history

Public opinion on Mike Tyson is overwhelmingly positive

Rogan loves Tyson and admits he gets star struck around him, his audience (like me) love hearing him talk about fighting and random s**t. I’ll doubt people in the boat of Chief would bother clicking at all.

lol "controversy clicks"

People don't click for controversy, they click for the baddest man on the planet Mike Tyson - rightly or wrongly. I'd say you're in a vast minority if your brain goes Tyson = rapist instead of Tyson = most brutal heavyweight champion in boxing history

Criticism of people like Tyson seems to be taken very personally.

What does he represent to people? What part of you is tied up in him being seen in a positive light? Why take my observations of his character as personally as you are? Same goes for a few other topics. You followed me around about crypto, whinging that I was posting my dislike.

And don't try and back out of it - you're going on the attack here, refusing to accept the idea that any significant proportion of the public see him as a rapist. Just like you did when I criticised cryptocurrency as a ponzi scheme.

But back to Tyson the rapist. You could probably have ALMOST ANYONE ELSE saying the same things he says and wouldn't get as many clicks I am guessing. Admit it. That's how YouTube works.

Before even hearing him, I'd say he's got no real, original views on life in general. So what is he needed for? His name.

He might well be the most erudite talking face when it comes to boxing or MMA. I don't know anything about the punchy punchy stuff, so I don't care about his thoughts on that. I'm guessing there are others that could give the same or better observations. Dunno either way.

Public opinion on Michael Jackson was also overwhelmingly positive. Had he survived I am sure you'd be supporting him as well. To own the cu ck libs or something. I dunno. You seem to get nasty about this stuff.

644etz.jpg

lol "controversy clicks"

I bet he uses and àdblocker though.

edit: god dammit chief

What does he represent to people? What part of you is tied up in him being seen in a positive light? Why take my observations of his character as personally as you are? Same goes for a few other topics. You followed me around about crypto, whinging that I was posting my dislike.

And don't try and back out of it - you're going on the attack here, refusing to accept the idea that any significant proportion of the public see him as a rapist. Just like you did when I criticised cryptocurrency as a ponzi scheme.

But back to Tyson the rapist. You could probably have ALMOST ANYONE ELSE saying the same things he says and wouldn't get as many clicks I am guessing. Admit it. That's how YouTube works.

Before even hearing him, I'd say he's got no real, original views on life in general. So what is he needed for? His name.

He might well be the most erudite talking face when it comes to boxing or MMA. I don't know anything about the punchy punchy stuff, so I don't care about his thoughts on that. I'm guessing there are others that could give the same or better observations. Dunno either way.

Public opinion on Michael Jackson was also overwhelmingly positive. Had he survived I am sure you'd be supporting him as well. To own the cu ck libs or something. I dunno. You seem to get nasty about this stuff.

I don't take it personally at all. What I'm saying is that I do disagree that a sizeable portion of the population think of him as a rapist. I think you'd be surprised at how many people don't even know that he was convicted of it. If you were to sample 5 people about the first Mike Tyson controversy that comes to mind, 4/5 would talk about ear biting or some s**t first.

You draw a comparison to Michael Jackson, which I disagree with. Public opinion for a long time was that Michael Jackson was a *in weirdo. People think Mike Tyson is the man. I'm pretty sure I'm a fair bit younger than you though - so maybe that's reflective of the frames of reference we have. People love Iron Mike. People loved Michael Jackson until everyone deemed him a pedo. The rape stuff didn't stick to Tyson's perception - I don't know why, but it didn't.

One thing that confused me is you mentioning that he gets lots of clicks. What's that got to do with controversy? Mike Tyson is just famous as s**t - that's it. He's very famous because he was a brutal heavyweight boxing champion with a captivating style who captured gold at a young age. If your point is just "Mike Tyson gets clicks because he's famous", then we agree. I just don't get what's controversial about that. Ryan Reynolds talking about a mobile carrier gets a bazillion views in a day on Youtube, but not because it's controversial.

Joseph getting smashed on Covid facts by an Aussie:

For someone that seems pretty inoffesive Rogan appears to have a lot of haters.
See above, I'm sure Joe Rogan would be really upset by these "Joe Wogan gets torn to shreds" videos. The guy talks on air for probably 20 hours per week and is bound to say some weird stuff (he's also high a lot). There's no other media on the planet who has the variety of people on to talk unfiltered, so I am happy to put up with all the loonies he has on to enjoy others that you'd never know about.

The fact so many people tried to get him cancelled from Spotify and failed miserably is hilarious. They should stick to sorting through tweets of old politicians/actors like the sad *s they are.

I don't take it personally at all. What I'm saying is that I do disagree that a sizeable portion of the population think of him as a rapist.
Thread needs a poll.

I think you'd be surprised at how many people don't even know that he was convicted of it. I think if you were to sample 5 people about the first Mike Tyson controversy that comes to mind, 4/5 would talk about ear biting or some s**t first.

This isn't a ringing endorsement.

You draw a comparison to Michael Jackson, which I disagree with. Public opinion for a long time was that Michael Jackson was a fu**in weirdo. People think Mike Tyson is the man. I'm pretty sure I'm a fair bit younger than you though - so maybe that's reflective of the frames of reference we have.

Jackson has legions of die-hard fans. Still.

One thing that confused me is you mentioning that he gets lots of clicks. What's that got to do with controversy? Mike Tyson is just famous as s**t - that's it. He's very famous because he was a brutal heavyweight boxing champion with a captivating style who captured gold at a young age. If your point is just "Mike Tyson gets clicks because he's famous", then we agree. I just don't get what's controversial about that. Ryan Reynolds talking about a mobile carrier gets a bazillion views in a day on Youtube, but not because it's controversial.

Controversy = a prolonged dispute, debate, or state of contention, especially one that unfolds in public and involves a stark difference of opinion. - Googles

Ryan Reynolds is a bland movie star guy. You'd do better with a comparison with OJ Simpson.

If Mike Tyson had done what he did as a regular dude, everyone would call him a mad thug. Instead he's a famous boxer and so he gets an image rehabilitation through Rogan. One I don't think he deserves. You think he does. People seem to take it personally if his rapes are brought up. As if they are being personally attacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like you've attacked him to be honest, because he likes listening to a convicted rapist talk. That's fair enough I guess, but a lot of people like to hear from him because of other stuff he's done in his life. I've put money in Mayweather's pocket too and he's done time for domestic violence. Though I was usually hoping he'd lose so is that ok?

And I think with the unique life he's lived he sees things a bit differently to most. And you're right, a lot of things he says aren't original, but I'm not as well read as him so I often will learn something.

If Mike Tyson had done what he did as a regular dude, everyone would call him a mad thug. Instead he's a famous boxer and so he gets an image rehabilitation through Rogan. One I don't think he deserves. You think he does. People seem to take it personally if his rapes are brought up. As if they are being personally attacked.

I think his image was rehabilitated as long ago as the Hangover to be honest in the public eye, Rogan really had nothing to do with it. But like I said, Rogan is a genuine fanboy, would be like if I had a podcast and Tyson wanted to come on, yeah I'd ******* say yes.

Deep down he's a gentle soul.
View attachment 1398335
Very cool jumper as well.

The bloke in my av has a lovely jumper too. I don't know if he's a gentle soul though, I've seen some of his training vids and I'd be angry too if I had to go through that!

Thread needs a poll.

This isn't a ringing endorsement.

Jackson has legions of die-hard fans. Still.

Controversy = a prolonged dispute, debate, or state of contention, especially one that unfolds in public and involves a stark difference of opinion. - Googles

Ryan Reynolds is a bland movie star guy. You'd do better with a comparison with OJ Simpson.

Alright. I don't think we're talking about the same topic anymore. I'm saying Mike Tyson is not utilised because he's controversial but rather because he's very popular, and you're talking about me defending rape and trying to own the libs. You're welcome to not like the bloke - go right ahead

This is not as controversial as my opinion that Tyson is not even a top 10 all time heavyweight!

Others faced tougher competition, but during his prime there wasn't a more feared boxer in history.

Alright. I don't think we're talking about the same topic anymore. I'm saying Mike Tyson is not utilised because he's controversial but rather because he's very popular, and you're talking about me defending rape and trying to own the libs. You're welcome to not like the bloke - go right ahead
Hard to tell when you're trolling and when you're not.

Yes. He's popular. No, he doesn't deserve it. He's a thug and a rapist.

Others faced tougher competition, but during his prime there wasn't a more feared boxer in history.

He was a huge draw, that's not always on ability. I'd rate at least Wlad Klitschko above him and maybe his brother Vitali too but no one cared about them. They were kind of monotonously good, Tyson was so explosive, unmissable.

Yeah guys were scared to fight him though, how's poor old Spinks shitting his pants after this entrance (I would have ran of course)

Anybody else enjoying Brendan Schaub's 'career' implode?

Couldn't happen to a nicer scumbag. fu** Rogan and Bryan Callen too. Unfunny hacks.
What has happened? I can't even work it out.

He was a huge draw, that's not always on ability. I'd rate at least Wlad Klitschko above him and maybe his brother Vitali too but no one cared about them. They were kind of monotonously good, Tyson was so explosive, unmissable.

Yeah guys were scared to fight him though, how's poor old Spinks shitting his pants after this entrance (I would have ran of course)

Great boxer in a weak era. I gained more respect for Tyson when I heard him say in an interview that the reason he bit Holyfield was because he knew he couldn't beat him. He also said it was a shame Holyfield was remembered mainly because of that incident because in Tyson's opinion he was a great fighter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back