List Mgmt. Joel and Harry extend contracts (2021 and 2019 respectively)

Remove this Banner Ad

dont be so naive to assume that contracts for older players are based off sports scientists assessments. Egos and personalities play a far bigger role. A lot of rumours about selwood over the past year dont put him in a good light behind the scenes. Would not surprise me one bit that Selwood told the club if they were bringing ablett back at 33 then he had to get a contract to 33.
Classy :rolleyes:

dont be so naive to assume that contracts for older players are based off sports scientists assessments. Egos and personalities play a far bigger role. A lot of rumours about selwood over the past year dont put him in a good light behind the scenes. Would not surprise me one bit that Selwood told the club if they were bringing ablett back at 33 then he had to get a contract to 33.

Also dont be so naive to assume sports scientists have it all figured out and have only one way to do things. Sports scientists disagree with each other significantly to the point that some sport scientists think a rehab program another sports scientist has initiated will not only not help a players recovery but will actually make it worse. Sports science is still very much an art in some ways as its a very new profession.

Didn’t happen. Bullshit rumours created by bullshit posters =/= fact.

johnson got 0 years and was sacked. Simply not sacking selwood and giving him 1 year would of negated that criticism. I would of given selwood 2 though as he deserves it.

Absolutely...deserves 2 for sure no arguments, after the second year if the contribution is there he gets a third on the same pay.
And so forth for a 4th, otherwise we're sacrificing the playing list being overly and unnecessarily generous.

Anyhow he got 4 so good luck to him.

Last edited:
You want abuse lol. I can give far worse.
I just have no time for dribbling nonsense.

There’s nothing wrong with this extension.
End. Of. Discussion.
Along w a cple of known others, I give no time too dribbling knowitall's that are only on here for one reason

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shocking decision, the club really is going downhill

Taylor is at an age where it should be year by year

To give Selwood 4 years is crazy, he is as pure an inside mid as you can get, he is beat up, guys like that dont play well into their 30's.
Buddha finished at late 32... So I get your point, but I think the club made the right call with Joel to reward him for what he's done as well as develop our next captain who isn't obvious to anyone atm!... Harry I think is quite obvious....The club must feel Gardner & House need more than one year in the seniors with that experience around them.

Also dont be so naive to assume sports scientists have it all figured out and have only one way to do things. Sports scientists disagree with each other significantly to the point that some sport scientists think a rehab program another sports scientist has initiated will not only not help a players recovery but will actually make it worse. Sports science is still very much an art in some ways as its a very new profession.

A lot of rumours eh?

And there you go with your own "rumour". Absolute and total speculation with not one sceric of evidence to back it up.

I am dumber for reading this nonsense.

Oh...and with respect to Sports Science being a very new profession.....I refer you to Wikipedia and its write up on the origins of sports science...and I quote..

" Sports Science can trace its origins to ancient Greece".......

You provided a good laugh anyway Seeds.... :joycat::joycat::joycat:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back