Joel Bowden????

Remove this Banner Ad

He's one of the principal reasons Richmonds list is overrated. I think a pick between 15 and 20 would be fair.

Geelong need another outside midfielder to complement its young guys. Pick 22? We could chuck in a fringe player.

I know the cats were keen last year but the price was too high. After two average years the price may be right this year.

Bowden is worth a flat 3rd rounder.

Seriously, he's not 22 any more. The 'potential' excuse has all but flown away.

Big contract, heavily maligned, struggles weekly.

Croad has genuine potential, as does Campbell Brown.

It would be utter stupidity for Fremantle or Hawthorn to offer this trade.

Richmond would almost be better off sticking with him. Same rule for Richo. On their day, they're great. Otherwise they stink. Their value to the club will not be matched on the open market.

Originally posted by evertonfc
Bowden is worth a flat 3rd rounder.

Seriously, he's not 22 any more. The 'potential' excuse has all but flown away. Big contract, heavily maligned, struggles weekly.

3rd rounder :eek: . Granted Bowden isn't a gun but he is a very very handy player. He is only 25 so has about 7 seasons ahead of him. That's a lot of footy. In 2001 he averaged 24 possies, in 2002 it was 23 and in 2003 he averaged 22. Come on Bowden's not that bad. 2nd round pick and fringe player at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigCat,

Anyone who offers a 2nd rounder ought to be shot. Perhaps he's worth that on skill alone, but the fact his wages are large drags his value back enourmously.

Maybe last year or the year before, but those statistics don't indicate to me that he's getting better as a footballer.

I haven't noted improvement in his ability in a long time. I look for players who are continually building on their existing ability; Bowden has been static for too long now.

Still a 20+ per game possession winner, but if I wanted that, I could pay a cut price for Guy Rigoni.

I'd be surprised if clubs were willing to take on such a hefty contract; he is one of the top payed players at Tigerland. Shouldn't you be saving that cash for Rawlings?

Even though I barrack for the Tiges, Id have to agree with everton here.

Bowden really isnt that good. He may be a handy player but he quiet simply isnt good enough. I thought Bowden would be a future captain in about '99/'00 now times have changed.

I dont think we will get a third rounder for him. A second and a fringe is probably more like it maybe even a first rounder if very lucky. Except, the club he gets traded too (if he does) would be pretty desperate to fix there midfield in a short amount of time.

Bowden is being played in the wrong spot under Frawley and is really being wasted. Id like to see him either in the backline or at a full forward/centre half forward position because he simply isnt fast enough.

In the last two years I havent seen Bowden really lay a quality tackle. When his kicking is on song its the only good part about him.

I still feel Bowden is being wasted under Frawley. Another club may turn him into a superstar and good for him.

i wouldnt mind him at essendon, however it looks as though we have bigger fish to fry (sign lucas, solly, lure brown/murphy/stevens). But i have heard that the tiges are interested in Cory Mcgrath. Joel Bowden for Cory McGrath, and Robert Forster-Knight/Henneman/Bannister/Davies/Toby Mcgrath (Mcgrath family reunion) :D

Originally posted by rfctigerarmy
Bowden really isnt that good. He may be a handy player but he quiet simply isnt good enough. I thought Bowden would be a future captain in about '99/'00 now times have changed.

I dont think we will get a third rounder for him. A second and a fringe is probably more like it maybe even a first rounder if very lucky. Except, the club he gets traded too (if he does) would be pretty desperate to fix there midfield in a short amount of time.

Second round pick. Done. I have a feeling some other tigers fans won't be happy. Also I don't think Bowden is on the mega bucks that seem people think. I mean Richo and Gaspa would be on 500K plus. Holland got 400K for staying. Campbell, Ottens, Blumfield and Johnson would be getting a fair whack. They were also paying for Bourke and Daffy and still managed to be under the cap this year. The pure maths suggests he can't be on truck loads.

Originally posted by evertonfc

I'd be surprised if clubs were willing to take on such a hefty contract; he is one of the top payed players at Tigerland. Shouldn't you be saving that cash for Rawlings?

I thought Bowden was out of contract.

Bowden has one year left on his contract. Clubs are going to have to offer more than waht you are suggesting because bowden is seen to be worth much on the market, despite how much he is bagge dby tiger supporters(one of the reasons he wants to leave)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back