Free Agency Joel Hamling - [Joins Sydney as UFA, No Compo]

Remove this Banner Ad

Always a bullgod.
I hope he gets his body right and plays regular football next year.

Yes?

Hope he chooses North - we’re at least guaranteed something back.
What are you expecting back? He's a 30yo unrestricted free agent. I'd be surprised if the contracts offered to him were large enough to trigger a compensation pick, but you never know.

What are you expecting back? He's a 30yo unrestricted free agent. I'd be surprised if the contracts offered to him were large enough to trigger a compensation pick, but you never know.

Not much TBH.

However if anyone is going to trade anything - more likely to be Norths just to stop any erosion of the Ben compo.

I think we’d literally take nearly anything of value.

Always a bullgod.
I hope he gets his body right and plays regular football next year.
He's been injury free this year, just no room in the side if Cox, Pearce and to a lesser extent Ryan are playing
To get him to move across the country I imagine it'd have to be year at least 2, maybe three year deal at decent money. The market for KPD's seems truly ****ed at the moment so I definitely think we should be able to get into one of the bands.

Joel Hamling latest trade news​

Fremantle defender Joel Hamling is tossing up between re-signing at the club or joining Sydney for the 2024 season.

The 30-year-old has only played six games in four seasons because of injury and form issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wtf he has been on the verge of retiring for that long, Sydney are desperate.
This years key backman trade targets Hamling Zerk Thatcher Rategoluea = horrible.

He had a really bad ankle injury that took a long time to get right. But since late '22 he has been playing good football. This year he was outstanding for Peel and then Freo. He'll go great at Sydney. Good get for them.

This years key backman trade targets Hamling Zerk Thatcher Rategoluea = horrible.
Hamling was good in 2017-19. 22 games in 2017, 18 in 2018 and 22 games in 2019.

Had injuries in 2020-22. Been fully fit in 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back