Welcome Joel Hamling - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

No disrespect meant - but am I the only one that watches that highlights package and sees a slightly less co-ordinated, slightly slower Luke McPharlin ??
There's something about the way he moves that reminds me of the great one....

No disrespect meant - but am I the only one that watches that highlights package and sees a slightly less co-ordinated, slightly slower Luke McPharlin ??
There's something about the way he moves that reminds me of the great one....
I was a fan of Hamling in his draft year for that kind of reason, I'm a sucker for a classy mover with smarts.
I believe his ceiling is very high.

Thanks mate. I notice him playing forward a bit. Do you know if he spent much time forward in the VFL?
He rotates from time to time depending on the match
Reckon would avg around 12-15mins as a forward a game depending on injuries

Thanks mate. I notice him playing forward a bit. Do you know if he spent much time forward in the VFL?

For the first time in years, we have less depth in our backline than our forward line and we don't need to experiment throwing our defenders forward. AP, Hamling, Collins should all be down back for the majority of games building together IMO.

For the first time in years, we have less depth in our backline than our forward line and we don't need to experiment throwing our defenders forward. AP, Hamling, Collins should all be down back for the majority of games building together IMO.

I agree that it would be ideal to have Hamling, Pearce and Collins building chemistry in the backline all year. But, I don't really agree with your assessment of our depth. I reckon with Dawson, Johnson, A Pearce, Hamling and Collins we have plenty of backline tall depth, more than we have in the forward line I'd say.

I don't see a need for playing more than 2 key defenders and the other question is whether Dawson gets a game. If he does, I can't see us playing Dawson, Johnson, Pearce and Hamling all in the same side. And if pearce and Hamling have the ability to play forward, that puts the pressure on Kersten and Tabs to perform.

Flexibility is always handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hear that W@nker Barich asking Joel what he thought of the front page of todays paper.

squirming little s**t

He's such a dumb F***wit. He asked Sam Mitchell at his conference the other day about the Brownlow. Mitchell said he's not here to talk about that. A couple of minutes later Barich tried it again and Sam just laughed it off. He must already realise WA media are *s. Before Barich got to finish talking, another journo talked over him and asked something else. Made me cringe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's such a dumb F***wit. He asked Sam Mitchell at his conference the other day about the Brownlow. Mitchell said he's not here to talk about that. A couple of minutes later Barich tried it again and Sam just laughed it off. He must already realise WA media are ******s. Before Barich got to finish talking, another journo talked over him and asked something else. Made me cringe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And once Seven West Media acquire The Sunday Times all of the LOLS will be under one umbrella... Poor coaches and players that have to do media

Good to know Hamling was the first Kimberley player to be involved in a premiership.
Also interesting to hear that Freo are heading to the Kimberely at the end of November and his ideas about getting more indigenous players into the AFL system.

He looks comfortable in a one on one body to body contest but also seems to have a great vertical jump. A great pick up and should be a best 22 lock if fit.

Nice story here on Hamling by Mark Duffield. A sport mad kid who has come a long way. https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/s...-s-idol-worship-they-all-wanted-to-be-barlow/
Loved this bit. Thanks for posting it.

“Playing bare feet was just natural and all I ever really knew. I have told people that some of the indigenous boys in the Kimberley would share a pair of boots and people ask me how. I say if you come down and watch and a bloke is a left footer, his only boot is on his left foot. If he is a right footer, his only boot is on his right foot. They ask why do they do that and I say because after they get about 30 kicks as they all normally do, they get a sore foot.”

Unlike some Bulldog supporters I am not bitter Hammers has moved back to WA to Freo. Joel had a great final series (smashed Kennedy & J Cameron as well as god efforts against Rioli & Buddy) but time will tell if he can reproduce that form over a full AFL season. I think Hammers is more suited to a team defence structure and might struggle in a more in a 1v1 set up.

Anyway reason for my post. I have a premiership jumper that I am trying to get signed but the 22 Bullgod premiership players. I have 19 signatures to far but Hammers is going to be the most difficult to obtain. Does anyone on the Freo board have access to the Freo players? If so, could I post my premiership jumper to you in WA for you to get Hammers to sign it on my behalf?

Thanks in advance and good luck for the 2017 season

Does anyone on the Freo board have access to the Freo players? If so, could I post my premiership jumper to you in WA for you to get Hammers to sign it on
Hello bulldog friend.

You could also try posting in our training thread. Those guys see the players up close and personal a couple if times a week. The players generally sign autographs if asked.

Good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back