Past Joel Patfull (2005-2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't have picked it as him if it wasn't clear from context/poster .... *resists the urge to inquire from said poster whether she prefers him in a guernsey or a suit*

You know the answer to that
clear.png

You know the answer to that
clear.png

Despite the fact that I resisted the urge to ask the question you answered :rolleyes:... actually I don't know the answer to the question ... you might be a girl who finds what a man looks like in a suit more appealing than what they look like in a singlet etc ...

Despite the fact that I resisted the urge to ask the question you answered :rolleyes:... actually I don't know the answer to the question ... you might be a girl who finds what a man looks like in a suit more appealing than what they look like in a singlet etc ...

*sigh*

Maybe if I add a ;) smiley you might get it?

Subsequent victories to Tom Rockliff (2011) and Joel Patfull, who has won the past two years, sparked widespread debate – although both were very good players in those seasons.

Leppitsch said it would be inappropriate to reveal what reforms he wanted introduced but it is understood one major change he supports is increase the available votes per game to 10.

Leppitsch and Dean Warren have briefed the players on the proposed changes.

Rockliff and Patfull were also personally talked through the changes.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/lions-coach-justin-leppitsch-dumps-best-player-voting-system/story-fndv8d6r-1226845502122

I didn't hear this debate. What little I heard out of the Melbourne press was "Isn't it great to see a defender recognised." when JPats won it. Perhaps the debate was only in the CM reporters room?

I didn't hear this debate. What little I heard out of the Melbourne press was "Isn't it great to see a defender recognised." when JPats won it. Perhaps the debate was only in the CM reporters room?

The debate was the voices in Hammo's head yelling.

It'll be interesting. As far as just about every Lions fan is concerned Joel Patfull and Tom Rockliff are both legends of this Club, this won't change the fact that they're both brilliant. Who cares what anyone else thinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PATFULL%20Joel.png

YAY!

Joelly took a decent picture this year!

Gosh those blue eyes could just melt you from the inside.......take a good look everyone, this is your 3-time Club Champion!!!!!!

I can speak from experience that a nice front on shot can hide the most tonsure-like of MPB events.

I always notice JP's MPB less than poor old Rog.

Joel does not look happy there.
What are the odds that photo was taken just after someone told him they were changing the B&F voting system?

Joel does not look happy there.
What are the odds that photo was taken just after someone told him they were changing the B&F voting system?

To be fair, Joel never looks happy in his profile pics.

AND HE IS NOT BALDING.

Whenever I see the dvc next to Joel's name I think of Homer calling himself junior vice-president.

unrelated but geez those watermarked lions on the blue of the guernsey look awful.

Yeah, the club is seemingly incapable of understanding the "less is more" concept.

the-worlds-best-jacket.jpg

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-03-21/patfull-den-diary

Round One of the season proper is just around the corner and I think I speak on behalf of all the boys when I say that we can’t wait for it to finally get here.

It seems like forever since we got pipped by a point down at Geelong at the end of last season.

Plenty has happened around the Club between then and now – with the change of Senior Coach no doubt the biggest news at the Gabba over the off-season.

As one of the older blokes, I’m one of the few guys still at the Lions who actually had the privilege of being here when Leppa was a player, however a back injury forced him to retire midway through my debut season.

It meant that I never actually got the chance to line up alongside him in a senior match, but obviously spent plenty of time with him throughout the year, and in the following couple of seasons after he stayed on as an Assistant Coach.

He actually helped me transition from being a forward – where I played most of my first couple of seasons – to learning the art of defence.

I guess there are few better people to learn from than one of the best centre-half backs of the modern game.

In the four years he spent at Richmond, you can really tell that he’s refined his game knowledge and coaching techniques, and has a clear direction of where he wants to take this team.

Probably the only thing that hasn’t improved in his time away from Brisbane has been his jokes. They’re still pretty average – although he seems to think they’re funny.

With some changes to the forward structure and how the midfield sets up, I’m pleased to report that the backline remains relatively settled.

It’s great to have big ‘Rog’ Merrett down back full-time after he was thrown forward on occasions last year.

Even without ‘Buddy’ Franklin, we’re going to have our work cut out for us against Hawthorn on Saturday.

You would think losing arguably one of the most dangerous forwards in the competition would leave some sort of hole in the Hawks’, but they don’t seem to have been affected at all from what I’ve seen in the pre-season.

I guess it helps when you still have talls like Jarryd Roughead, Jack Gunston, and David Hale rotating through the 50m arc.

As for us, we’re quietly confident of causing an upset in Launceston.

I know not many people are giving us much of a chance, but that doesn’t worry us at all. Hawthorn might be the reigning premiers, but 2014 is a brand new season and it’s anyone’s game.
Patfull_14DenDiary-hero.jpg

*fans self*

We are so totally gonna win tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back