Past Joel Patfull (2005-2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Defender Joel Patfull will continue wearing the number he played 182 games in at the Brisbane Lions, number 24. Patfull won two Brisbane club champion awards in the number in 2012 and 2013. Patfull also wore 24 for Norwood in the SANFL and was also the number his grandfather wore in his playing days. Number 24 became available when midfielder Jono O’Rourke was traded to Hawthorn. - See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2015-01-09/numbers-are-up#sthash.9d6JHJac.dpuf

At least the infidels can show some respect. Good number 24...twice the number 12 is (Nick Riewoldt for anyone wondering what I was getting at).

Stoked to see him get his 200th. Its a rare feeling cheering an ex player. He left for all the right reasons. Done the club proud when he played for us. And gave us the best going away present. Couldnt have asked for a better win win situation. I love you J Patz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But they are going to Rookie him for 2017...Thats...Odd?

Cap reasons probably.

Congrats on a wonderful career Patfull. Great servant and club champion of the Lions.

Weird on one hand they're announcing his retirement yet on the other he is staying on as a rookie...yet hasn't retired:huh:

Voss retired but was on our senior list the following year.

So he won't actually be on the rookie list as such?

He will (like Voss was on our list), but he won't be playing, practicing or otherwise bothering to show up on a field in GWS gear.

Re: Joel Patful

2007 will see the rise and rise of Joel Patfull.

Today, I am pleased to announce my sponsorship and support of Joel Patfull.

Please join me on his bandwagon... it is turbo charged!
This back in 2007

He will (like Voss was on our list), but he won't be playing, practicing or otherwise bothering to show up on a field in GWS gear.

I think I also read that he was to be paid 300k next season for the 3rd year of his contract, so instead getting the Rookie contract will help GWS by 200k+.

I think I also read that he was to be paid 300k next season for the 3rd year of his contract, so instead getting the Rookie contract will help GWS by 200k+.

The way I read it is that he'll still be paid the same amount, just on the rookie list.

Other clubs have done this why guys like Scotland or Schneider to manage cap payments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back