Toast Joel Patfull Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Kent Brockman

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
An absolute legend of our club is hanging up the boots. Thanks for everything Joel and all the best.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-12/patfull-calls-time-set-to-sit-on-giants-rookie-list

GREATER Western Sydney defender Joel Patfull has retired after 11 seasons in the competition.

In a strange quirk, Patfull has been delisted by the Giants, but will be selected by the club at next month’s rookie draft, although he won't play in 2017.

More to come

Damn :( I was really hoping he would win a premiership next year. One of the most underrated players in the competition and he left a big hole in our backline when he departed. All the best Patfull.

It's PFK's Top 5 Patfull Moments!

5. Vs Adelaide 2012 - holding off a Crows players so Ben Hudson could take a mark (plus a 50 for his pains)

4. His first goal in his first game with his first kick against the side that didn't want him. Suck s**t port!

3. Each and every time he pantsied Nick Riewoldt - one bloke who is singing hallelujah right now!

2. Vs Geelong in 2013 - THAT goal. THAT kick to Jed. I'm getting shivers thinking about it.

1. Vs Bulldogs 2008 - running the length of the ground to kick the sealer. His career in a nutshell.

Patfull was the type of player that supporters love. Week in week out you knew what you would get out of him.

A great career from a likeable and humble guy. Never needed to be the centre of attention but just did his job diligently and with a great team attitude.

I hope post-footy times are good to Joel. A shame he never got a premiership.

this is how he will look from now on, i am sure his off field career will be full of as much passion and commitment as he showed on the field.

b231e752404829af693102a280e582b4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr reliable in the backline. Not flashy but always did his job week in week out. Thanks Joel. All the best :thumbsu:

Mr reliable in the backline. Not flashy but always did his job week in week out. Thanks Joel. All the best :thumbsu:
Left us at a time when we needed him most. Terrible list management there.
Left 2 yrs too early for mine. He may have got us the pick for Christensen but i would have preferred he stayed.
Thanks for the memeories.

That a thread like this exists about one of our non-premiership players who retired at another club speaks volumes for how valuable Joel was.

Unfortunately players of his character are getting harder to find (or they get concussed out of the game...poor Justin).

Joel's part in one of the most legendary games of modern times, pretty much sums up his part in the team. The last minute of the "Miracle" saw him do what he did so often. (The last play, from 1:17)

Joel's part in one of the most legendary games of modern times, pretty much sums up his part in the team. The last minute of the "Miracle" saw him do what he did so often. (The last play, from 1:17)

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD HURRY UP HURRY UP OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh.

Um...replay, right.

As you were.

I know, still gets me every time too.

Will never get sick of watching it. I can still "feel" the atmosphere at the ground when I watch the replays.

(It's my Dementia measure .......I've told SWMBO that when she notices that I no longer react to/recollect this ......that it's time for the Geriactrician).

Even though I know how it ends, I still have to watch it to make sure I didn't dream it the first 112 views I've had

When Sauce takes that saving mark, he is called play on and gives the handball to Yeo with 19 seconds on the clock!!

19 friggin' seconds!!!!!!

Really must go down as one of the most astonishing passages of play of all time.

The football gods are often cruel but they could never be accused of not having a sense of theatre.:footy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back