Roast Joel Selwood - A Cheat?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This so called 'Turtle' will KILL you in the GF, cannot wait!!!!

Seeing as last start against us, st kilda, and freo you may not want to be taken a grand final position as gospel. You haven't played the dogs yet, next week will be telling

Ha ha you lot are jokers, haven't you read all the posts from your fellow supporters, anyone would think you won the grand final last night.

And don't doubt a champion side full of champions, we will be there, no doubt about that, you on the other hand.....

Wobble

Wobble

Wobble

Remains to be seen.....

Last start v st kilda led at half time lost
Last start v freo led at 3 quarter time lost
Last start v collingwood led at half time lost

Yet to play dogs

Also lost to Carlton and Adelaide

You will have to beat 2 of the first 3 teams in succession to make the grand final and your certain of it? Cracks have appeared son and you know it

Ha ha you lot are jokers, haven't you read all the posts from your fellow supporters, anyone would think you won the grand final last night.

And don't doubt a champion side full of champions, we will be there, no doubt about that, you on the other hand.....

Wobble

Wobble

Wobble

Remains to be seen.....

actually think we've been good!! its just funny how all ur rats have to come on our board to read what we write!!

cant wait for the next ten years to see u guys at the bottom!! no depth = stir stir stir the wooden spoon.........

ps. next time we'll kick a bit straighter and put the game away half way thru second, unlike last night....... MEOOOOWWWWWW

It reminds me of the KB ruling which forever changed the holding the man, holding the ball interpretation. KB abused the rule and Selwood is doing the same. Make it simple-if you duck, drop your knees or head butt your opponents chest or knee it is PLAY ON regardless of high contact. That will put an end to the ducking and dropping to knees.

Just what the game needs another thing for the umpires to use there interpretation on.

How many frees do you think would be questioned each week if the AFL brought what you suggest into the game next year?

Don't want free kicks paid against Selwood. Tackle him around the hips not the chest problem solved

Ridiculous thread.

Selwood is a gun...would have him in a heart beat and everyone else here would also.

It's not his fault the umpires gift him dubious decisions. Why would he change his technique if its getting rewarded? He gets tackled and he tries to slip the tackle by lowering his head. Most players do it..but he has made it an art form.

The umpires need to learn how to interpret ducking into a tackle as "play-on". Having said this, don't hold out much hope for them. The idiots on Friday night awarded David Hille a free kick for headbutting and opponent and reported him for Mitch Robinson throwing his ugly Lance lookin inbred head into his arm. Incredible.

I don't know if he is a cheat but when he ducks his head and gets all those frees it makes it a boring game to watch. go pies!:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30cul5k.gif

The Philosopher is a cheat for shepparding players on the mark. Get over it.
Actually, if you read the rules, the second the umpire calls play on, you are allowed to shephard within 5 metres, but then again, I guess Geelong and rules aren't exactly 2 words that go together too well.:p:eek:

Selwood "exploits" the rules, I wouldn't call him a cheat, I'd call him a smart footballer who knows how dumb umpires are, and exploits them.

Many should copy him, although if they did, our game would be worse off then it is.

I have been banging on our board about this very thing for months. Great footballer,BUT. He is going to go down like Lloyd. Because he is doing suspect stuff that he doesn't need to do. Big asterisk will be placed against his name, but he probably doesn't give a s**t with 2 flags in the back pocket. For mine he is a cheat, just like Chapman was for his injections, since banned on GF day. Good last month guys, just hope you have fallen into the trap of peaking too early.

Richmond supporter telling us about humility?

You get the irony right, next you'll be telling us how best to make the finals

opti, well struth here iam with my head between my legs.

selwood isnt a cheat at all this is a stupid forum and typical of alot of our supportors, how does he cheat??? does he pay the free kicks????

leon davis has to go to the twos and get form, he may cost us come finals. suck the win up though guys but remember keep a lid on it and dont start silly forums like this.........

Don't want free kicks paid against Selwood. Tackle him around the hips not the chest problem solved

You are allowed to tackle anywhere below the shoulders muppet, this includes the chest.

Understandable that you are on our board however, you squibs are like rats deserting a sinking ship.

I saw a beer advertisement with a guy whose head disappears into his body at the site of his ex-girlfriend.

Was strangely reminiscent of Selwood upon seeing an opposition player coming towards him.

Joel said it best over at Nicks.... "Quack Quack Quack"

Seriously gun footballer, but the umps have to wake up to it. Don't blame him for doing it if they keep giving him the frees.

Hey, I have been quoted off Nick's, LOL! Incidentally, I was going to post the exact same thing on this forum. Hehe.

I reckon he is a great player, pity he ducks his every time someone tackles him.

Quack, Quack, Quack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back