MRP / Trib. Joel Selwood CLEARED over striking Flog Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst of all Hocking signs off on this garbage decision. What is this competition coming to!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why people like Lindsay Thomas are an absolute malignant cancer on the game of AFL. Not only do they act in utter stupidity at their own peril, but they take others down with them as collateral damage in their thuggish idiocy. Analogous to drink drivers, really. The game will be permanently better when that flog leaves for good. What an absolute f****** tosser. I feel for Joel. Any brother would have done exactly the same after seeing Thomas potentially put their sibling in hospital. Flog of the highest order.

Retribution acts for heinous acts should be fines only, as should mutual roughhousing between aware opponents and general melees. Coward punches obviously lengthy suspensions, along with attacks off the ball and going past the ball that result in losing that player to injury. Anything that reeks of cowardice or thuggery should be dealt with harshly. Injuries through football acts should be fines.
Jumper punches I'm still on the fence about :) but I lean toward leniency as I enjoy release valve fighting ala hockey.

A week for that yet Mitchell’s is a fine. How?
Goldstein,I hardly felt it wouldn't have hurt a fly.
Diving,sniper grub Lindsay,I'm suffering double vision, ringing in the ears and my balls have shrunk to the size of peas,wait the have always been that size.

Looking at the table Joel has been assessed as Intentional, low impact and high contact.
Tom Mitchell to get a fine has to have been Intentional/careless, low impact and high/body contact. Given it was clearly to the head how has he deemed that to be "careless"? :think:

I guess score one for Clarkson. You could see from Goldstein reaction it smarted. A bit like Pitt in Fight Club, "Motherf***er! You hit me in the ear!"
That is exactly the crap that needs to gotten out. Taking a shot at a guy, unaware, off the ball, in the head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back