Joel Selwood has a soft underbelly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
ok...I have for years ignored Selwoods antics in getting free kicks, as there is so much to like about the way he plays and I genuinely wish he played for my club.

But tonight after I watch him and Raines bitch slap each other with the only difference being Selwood going to ground and attempting to milk a free kick proves alot of people right that he is soft as butter...and most certainly isnt headed into AFL royality alongside the greats of Voss, Roo, Hird etc... like he bloody well has the capacity too.

His coaches need to give him a great big shake up of harden the **** up...for he has the capacity to play like a hard ball legend but has a soft under belly to play like ballantyne and times.

Basil Zempilas said it will be looked at.:rolleyes:

He wouldn't do it if umpires weren't dumb.

When we have a peanut leading the umpires we have no hope in hell of the issue being addressed.

If you are talking about the incident with raines in the last quarter then he looked pretty groggy for about 5 minutes mate seems to be a bit long to play for a free kick..

Selwood handed one out and copped a better one back.

To suggest Selwood is soft though is the bleating of a keyboard warrior. Either that or the OP is a simpleton.

Selwood may get one for his strike, Raines will get a cumulative 3-4 for the hip to Selwoods head in the first and the strike to Selwoods chin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my point is that Selwood has the capacity to be a great player...but is continually searching for free kicks. I really think he could become a Voss, Roo, Buckley etc... type of player but needs to stop milking every contact he gets.

Here is what Selwood should strive for
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xh5N6yPa9U

And Im sure there would be perfect examples from Buckley, Roo and the like

Balony, in the next contest he hunched over to take a breath and could barely keep his balance. There was no milking there. You're not using the right type of incident to argue your claim.

are you talking about the suspension worthy hip and shoulder Raines did with selwood over the ball? Or the exchange of love taps later in the game?

yep, he was on the bench having a good old chuckle with Scott...Raines hit him no harder...either he has a glass jaw or he milked it

That was a good while later.... Selwood was staggering around the play, and then had the doctors assess him, then didn't come back onto the ground.

If thats your only argument that Selwood is soft, then you have no idea. He may draw high tackles but he isn't soft, and the Raines incident doesn't prove otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back