Joel Selwood - Just a good average player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance he can play off a flank like Hodge/Burgoyne/Pendlebury with stints in the middle?

I think his time as a 100% pure midfielder might be up.

I think we already did a couple times this year. He's still serviceable in the midfield and still gets tagged, I think he will play 1 or 2 more years and then that's it.

Scott Selwood is the bigger worry for me.

Exactly.

Lame arse trolling like this bump is just one of many examples The_Wookie as to why Xtreme deserves a board ban. President Bush had it all wrong, some children need to be left behind. Starting with this moron.
By any objective measure he was our best player on Friday Night. One brain fade but like most of his finals in the last 7-8 years he was excellent.

Dreadful thread premise. Moronic bump.

So it's ok to now abuse other posters?

Sweet

I am not convinced he is a great leader and I am not convinced he is the most courageous player in the afl either. Popular media opinion would have you believe both are unwuestionable.

Well, popular media opinion *and the judgement of his peers over 4 different seasons*

So:
by your own admission the media (many of whom count as ex-AFLplayers themselves) rate him highly for his courage, and as I've just pointed out, his actual opponents have rated him highly for his courage too.

I'm not sure your doubts will hold much weight, frankly.

Well, popular media opinion *and the judgement of his peers over 4 different seasons*

So:
by your own admission the media (many of whom count as ex-AFLplayers themselves) rate him highly for his courage, and as I've just pointed out, his actual opponents have rated him highly for his courage too.

I'm not sure your doubts will hold much weight, frankly.

Maybe my doubts don’t hold much weight. But the actual results don’t offer much support either :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, he actually has. Doesn't take away from his ability and what he has achieved but he is a diver, no question about it
Rubbish. He doesn’t dive. Has always dropped the knees and shrugs shoulders in tackles yes (and has adapted to umpiring of this as we knew he would) but doesn’t dive. Just getting petty now.

I am not convinced he is a great leader and I am not convinced he is the most courageous player in the afl either. Popular media opinion would have you believe both are unwuestionable.
Really? Your own three-time premiership captain has publicly lauded Selwood’s courage. His peers have voted him most courageous 4 times. Carey, who despite his faults, was one of the greatest captains of all time has labelled him the best captain “by the length of the Flemington straight”.

Rubbish. He doesn’t dive. Has always dropped the knees and shrugs shoulders in tackles yes (and has adapted to umpiring of this as we knew he would) but doesn’t dive. Just getting petty now.

What a load of crap, it's the same thing, he's still elite but he has dived his whole career. Friday night was a perfect example, Viney came in and pushed him out of the way and he went down like a sack of s**t holding his head.

He has constantly played for free kicks his entire career.

What a load of crap, it's the same thing, he's still elite but he has dived his whole career. Friday night was a perfect example, Viney came in and pushed him out of the way and he went down like a sack of s**t holding his head.

He has constantly played for free kicks his entire career.
Oliver, Oliver, never before has a boy wanted more...

Getting old, no pace and slow to react with the young kids tackling him time and time again.

All he really does these days is pick up the ball and hand pass as fast as he can before getting belted again.

Champion player over his career of course but tonight just showed the end is near.
Did I watch another game? He was clearly Geelongs best

Exactly.

Lame arse trolling like this bump is just one of many examples The_Wookie as to why Xtreme deserves a board ban. President Bush had it all wrong, some children need to be left behind. Starting with this moron.
By any objective measure he was our best player on Friday Night. One brain fade but like most of his finals in the last 7-8 years he was excellent.

Dreadful thread premise. Moronic bump.
When I saw this thread bump, I assumed it was a Geelong supporter going tit for tat. Talk about skill errors this is a terrible bump

Remove this Banner Ad

Back