Toast Joel Selwood to break the 'Most Games as Captain in History' this round at 228.

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Massive occasion, may never see it broken again. Get around him I reckon.

K2JZddYT.jpg

Good on ya Selwood, keep breaking the record for longest captain without a premiership. The fact he’s not transitioning the captaincy to a younger player is beyond greedy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah imagine club management making a decision and being happy with it. Geez what is everyone thinking

Selwood could easily step down and everybody would respect his decision. He’s clearly just holding onto it for the record now or maybe is hoping to be a premiership captain (I think it’s the latter). He eventually has to stop flogging the dead horse or his club is going to suffer.

Thread reminds me of when I was a kid and Robert Harvey had broken the games record for the Saints. My dad would make a big deal of it being his record breaking game every week.

Every. Single. Week.

Selwood could easily step down and everybody would respect his decision. He’s clearly just holding onto it for the record now or maybe is hoping to be a premiership captain (I think it’s the latter). He eventually has to stop flogging the dead horse or his club is going to suffer.

So we keep hearing

I hate these records.

Boomer Harvey playing his 426th game, big deal worthy of celebration. Boomer Harvey playing his 427th a week later, who cares?
Plugger kicking his 1299th goal, big deal worthy of celebration. Plugger kicking his 1300th minutes later, who cares?

Selwood got his flowers 2 weeks ago. Unless he did a season ending injury in that game and planned to retire it was obvious he was going to break his own record. I don't really mind if people want to celebrate equalling the record or breaking it, but it's not two occasions worthy of a big segment on AFL 360 or a back page in the Hun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back