Roast Joel Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

So the club line is that Dangerfield must fall into the 'old' pay structure? Selwood has made it clear he would prefer this to happen, so why wouldn't this be at least questioned if Dangerfield comes to Geelong, which will likely be on the highest salary at the team? The club position will just change overnight, then Selwood will change accordingly too will it?

Any decent journo should definitely ask the question if it happens, no?
Why? it's pretty irrelevant. Who cares who's on what and who's paid the most.

Why? it's pretty irrelevant. Who cares who's on what and who's paid the most.

See what I mean about ignorant?

You guys jump on one of my comments, before back peddling with 'who cares', 'it's pretty irrelevant'?

You all cared enough until you had nowhere else to go, then it became irrelevant? Good times. :D

Yet so many of you ignorant twits can't ignore me? Hmmm...

Cataholic in particular, I can string him along for as long as I wish.

If this is an admission to blatant trolling well done. You have drawn attention to yourself.

Go Catters

He'll need to, Dangerfield will show him up otherwise.

If Selwood messes the deal because of his idiotic 'the Cpt must get the most $' BS, it'll be interesting.

See what I mean about ignorant?

You guys jump on one of my comments, before back peddling with 'who cares', 'it's pretty irrelevant'?

You all cared enough until you had nowhere else to go, then it became irrelevant? Good times. :D
Not really. I find it irrelevant to a degree who is the highest paid at the club. I say to a degree as I'd be worried if a Murdoch or Smedts etc were the highest paid but they're not.

Alas I haven't backpeddled at all. It is irrelevant who gets paid the most but your first comment is essentially calling into question the integrity and character of the captain. That's a load of hogwash frankly.

If this is an admission to blatant trolling well done. You have drawn attention to yourself.

Go Catters

You can clearly see who started the trolling. I posted on topic, was then insulted and baited to respond in a way that members like Cataholic thought I was unable.

He keeps trying to do this often, as I challenge him on here on-topic, which he doesn't like. Obviously. He can have another cry, which I'm sure he will now.

Not really. I find it irrelevant to a degree who is the highest paid at the club. I say to a degree as I'd be worried if a Murdoch or Smedts etc were the highest paid but they're not.

Alas I haven't backpeddled at all. It is irrelevant who gets paid the most but your first comment is essentially calling into question the integrity and character of the captain. That's a load of hogwash frankly.

I agree, I think it should be irrelevant too. Sewlood hasn't offered that as a response though, I'd say it's more the other way. This leaves questions to be answered by himself and the club if Dangerfield comes on board for more $$ than Selwood. This isn't a good thing.

Don't forget. These guys have big egos, what may seem insignificant to you ($), may not be to them!

Add to that... There's a good argument to suggest that Dangerfield is a better player. So Selwood all of a sudden becomes the no.2 mid at the club possibly. Sit well? Say what you will about Selwood, great player, BIG, big ego though.

Last edited:

Reportedly, in the case of earlier FA offers by Geelong (both successful and unsuccessful), the deals have been run past and OK'd by the PLG first. There is no reason to think this case will be any different.

There is also, of course, not a single skerrick of evidence of the alleged "Selwood idiotic 'the Cpt must get the most $' BS".

Would love a Maxie Rooke and/or a Moons roaming around to give our skipper some protection.

No Hawk star would cop the buffeting Sel does without the opposition feeling some pain.

The umpires doing their jobs and protecting ball players wouldn't go astray either.

Would love a Maxie Rooke and/or a Moons roaming around to give our skipper some protection.

No Hawk star would cop the buffeting Sel does without the opposition feeling some pain.

The umpires doing their jobs and protecting ball players wouldn't go astray either.
Heard Blitz talk on talking footy Rooke helped him with hes tackling etc good teacher.
Yup agree Selwood needs help.
None of owe other mids have enough mongle in them to help out ruff up the other teams tagger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, I think it should be irrelevant too. Sewlood hasn't offered that as a response though, I'd say it's more the other way. This leaves questions to be answered by himself and the club if Dangerfield comes on board for more $$ than Selwood. This isn't a good thing.

Don't forget. These guys have big egos, what may seem insignificant to you ($), may not be to them!

Add to that... There's a good argument to suggest that Dangerfield is a better player. So Selwood all of a sudden becomes the no.2 mid at the club possibly. Sit well? Say what you will about Selwood, great player, BIG, big ego though.
I think the comment by Selwood, which I did hear, is being misrepresented. He was referring to the policy Geelong has regarding payments in keeping with maintaining premiership lists, "the Geelong way". But as Lloydy pointed out, that was then, now is now, and we are NOT a premiership team holding onto a principle.
JS may have been saying what he did as a sort of out there party line, when in reality, we will offer PD whatever it takes, behind closed doors.
Nobody's business but PD and Geelong FC.
But ridiculous to label Selwood as a big ego based on these comments. Those close to the action say he is far from an egotist. And he would welcome PD with open arms, without any knowledge of the $ that it took to get him to us.
And, after the overt failed dealings with Boak, they will keep this closer to their chests, as it were.

Heard Blitz talk on talking footy Rooke helped him with hes tackling etc good teacher.
Yup agree Selwood needs help.
None of owe other mids have enough mongle in them to help out ruff up the other teams tagger.
Are you related to the-one?

Last edited:
Maybe the mental and physical exhaustion of carrying the midfield and repeatedly dragging us across the line, because he refuses to give up, is taking its toll
Cause of this reason if I was him I'd honestly leave for a club that actually feels like they want him, on-field wise

Yet so many of you ignorant twits can't ignore me? Hmmm...

Cataholic in particular, I can string him along for as long as I wish.

Your smug sense of superiority is sadly misplaced, and resorting to insults is petulant and ignorant in itself.

No-one here thinks you're as clever as you think you are, and I don't dance to your tune. Sorry to disillusion you.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/no-o...and-joel-selwood/story-e6frf7jo-1227410018171

This article is quite embarrassing really.. Joel needs help and if he doesn't get either via the organic growth of our current list or via free agency, the hand bag tag may well be slapped on our great club again

I fear the same. Unfortunately without Selwood, I'd struggle to argue that we're not the softest / least talented midfield in the comp - especially with the injuries we have at this point. I don't see Caddy and Guthrie getting a starting gig in any other midfield in the comp, which should make people realise where these players are at.

I fear the same. Unfortunately without Selwood, I'd struggle to argue that we're not the softest / least talented midfield in the comp - especially with the injuries we have at this point. I don't see Caddy and Guthrie getting a starting gig in any other midfield in the comp, which should make people realise where these players are at.

Absolute classic.
Because you don't think they'd get a game elsewhere, everyone else should realise they're no good. :rolleyes:

You can clearly see who started the trolling. I posted on topic, was then insulted and baited to respond in a way that members like Cataholic thought I was unable.

He keeps trying to do this often, as I challenge him on here on-topic, which he doesn't like. Obviously. He can have another cry, which I'm sure he will now.

Good try.

Think everyone here has seen your true colours.

Your smug sense of superiority is sadly misplaced, and resorting to insults is petulant and ignorant in itself.

No-one here thinks you're as clever as you think you are, and I don't dance to your tune. Sorry to disillusion you.

You jumped quickly on one of my posts, which you thought you could get one up on me with... Why not reply to that? I'm happy to discuss Selwood with you, seemingly you don't? You do dance to my tune, you reply off-topic to my posts. ;)

Care to stay on-topic, or in denial?

You jumped quickly on one of my posts, which you thought you could get one up on me with... Why not reply to that? I'm happy to discuss Selwood with you, seemingly you don't? You do dance to my tune, you reply off-topic to my posts. ;)

Care to stay on-topic, or in denial?

You accused Selwood of carrying on with an 'idiotic.....captain must get the most $'

You were challenged to provide a direct link to any quote saying that. You failed to do so.

Yet you accuse me of avoiding discussion? o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back