Toast Joel Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide suppprters are up there with Hawkies with how head****ed they are about Geelong.
Instead of enjoying the win they are on BigFooty sooking about Selwood
Sad isn't it. 2011 PF post game I didn't give a s**t where Gary was or what he was doing.
Massive shoulder chips.

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
I just genuinely feel sorry for Selwood. He deserves a better team and club to captain. I couldn't blame him if he bailed and went to Hawthorn.

IMG_2429.GIF

That would've made some sense a couple years ago but Hawthorn's era is over now too. Would make more sense if he bailed and joined GWS.

Anyway, won't happen, Joel will always be a Geelong player & an absolute champion.

xtatik222k

Club Legend
May 24, 2008
australia
AFL Club
Geelong
View attachment 419330

That would've made some sense a couple years ago but Hawthorn's era is over now too. Would make more sense if he bailed and joined GWS.

Anyway, won't happen, Joel will always be a Geelong player & an absolute champion.

Mark my words, Hawks will be back in Grand Finals before we will be. See how quickly they went from being a basket case to a middle-tier team? They did it in less than a season. We have been a 'running on fumes' finals-choking mediocre side for 7 years now. We have the H&A formula worked out well, but that formula is fundamentally flawed in pressure finals. We win on individual performances, team-specific tactics and playing well at Kardinia. When the pressure ramps up in finals at the G and away from home, we can't win. I'm actually not very emotionally attached to last night. I gave us a chance, but was expecting a loss. This team isn't winning a premiership. We don't have enough players who can perform well when the s**t hits the fan in pressure games.

Credit to Sel for going as hard as he did.

But they just we not with him.

Too many "me's" and not enough "we's"

Sad day that will hurt for a while.

Go Catters

He must have played well tonight. Two more Selwood whinge threads.
This bloke deserves so much better than his teammates give him. How do they watch him play, fail to perform in big games and have the gall to look him in the eye.

You could see with how hard he cracked in what this meant to him tonight. He wanted another GF far more than I suspect many of his teammates did.

I was sitting one bay over from the cheer squad and we were at the end were Cameron took that mark - Selwood was front and centre of the pack waiting for a spoil but no spoil cane. Instead there was 4 or 5 Cats players who were just ball watching but not putting any body issue on Cameron.

After the mark, Selwood put hands on hips & shook his head - something rarely seen during play. He then went to talk to Tuohy & one of the other defenders but you could tell he wasn't happy

Last edited:
Credit to Sel for going as hard as he did.

But they just we not with him.

Too many "me's" and not enough "we's"

Sad day that will hurt for a while.

Go Catters
It was one of the most selfish & individual efforts I've seen from players in the hoops

Mar 30, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't want to be that guy but he chopped it up like the rest of them in the first half when the game was still on the line. He turned it around big time with a gutsy performance that shows what a gun he is but it wasn't a great game. Duncan and Dangerfield had great games against Sydney. None of our players had great games this week. Duncan/Selwood/Danger/Motlop had moments of great play, moments of not quite living up to the required composure and other moments of complete trash that quite often directly cost us goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't want to be that guy but he chopped it up like the rest of them in the first half when the game was still on the line. He turned it around big time with a gutsy performance that shows what a gun he is but it wasn't a great game. Duncan and Dangerfield had great games against Sydney. None of our players had great games this week. Duncan/Selwood/Danger/Motlop had moments of great play, moments of not quite living up to the required composure and other moments of complete trash that quite often directly cost us goals.
Leave duncan and motlop out of that. Both were excellent. Motlop was even better then last week.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
After lang kicked the first goal of the third to get it under five goals selwood came away with the ball from the first centre bounce was completely free and just slammed it on his boot. It went twenty metres and straight into the chest of an adelaide player who had no cats player within five metres of him. Adelaide went straight down and kicked a goal. That was the nail in the coffin. No coming back from that point. Selwood did stuff like that too many times last night.

Tkoajd

Debutant
May 19, 2014
After lang kicked the first goal of the third to get it under five goals selwood came away with the ball from the first centre bounce was completely free and just slammed it on his boot. It went twenty metres and straight into the chest of an adelaide player who had no cats player within five metres of him. Adelaide went straight down and kicked a goal. That was the nail in the coffin. No coming back from that point. Selwood did stuff like that too many times last night.

I did loose my s**t when that happened unfortunately it was happening all night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DV2000

Club Legend
May 9, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I just genuinely feel sorry for Selwood. He deserves a better team and club to captain.
Wtf?! Geelong has finished top 2 on the ladder 8 times in the past 11 years. We are on top and miles ahead of everyone else in the ladder of the past 10 years.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 84

Scottland2007

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Just a thought, is it time to hand captaincy over so Selwood can focus more back on his game? He would still always be the spiritual captain anyway.

5 years captaincy is a good stint isn't it?

Maybe Duncan for Captain?
I agree, Duncan for next captain. But not until Selwood hangs up the boots.

Apr 20, 2008
Sin City
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
No One
I'll probably get reamed for this. I love Joel, one of my all favourite cats. However I think he's cooked. And I think Dangerfield should be the captain. Joel is not the same player he was. And that's understandable. The way he's played his career has been almost suicidal. He was bound to slow down.

He gets frustrated when he can't get into the game or if he's being tagged out and the way he responds is he complains to the umpires. Or flops around for a free. I've seen countless times than in a contest he will actually stop while the ball is still in play and throw his arms out complaining he didn't get a free. This is very frustrating. A player should keep playing until they hear a whistle. Like I said I'll get roasted for saying it but I don't care. I'm not shying away from it like a lot of cats fans do.

Deep

Genius on Drugs
Jun 16, 2017
Waterfall Gully
AFL Club
Geelong
I'll probably get reamed for this. I love Joel, one of my all favourite cats. However I think he's cooked. And I think Dangerfield should be the captain. Joel is not the same player he was. And that's understandable. The way he's played his career has been almost suicidal. He was bound to slow down.

He gets frustrated when he can't get into the game or if he's being tagged out and the way he responds is he complains to the umpires. Or flops around for a free. I've seen countless times than in a contest he will actually stop while the ball is still in play and throw his arms out complaining he didn't get a free. This is very frustrating. A player should keep playing until they hear a whistle. Like I said I'll get roasted for saying it but I don't care. I'm not shying away from it like a lot of cats fans do.
I think you're right but Danger is all about himself and wouldn't be the best captain like Ablett and Fyfe for mine.

Mitch Duncan all the way if Joel is to be replaced

Apr 20, 2008
Sin City
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
No One
I think you're right but Danger is all about himself and wouldn't be the best captain like Ablett and Fyfe for mine.

Mitch Duncan all the way if Joel is to be replaced

Disagree about Danger. I think on the field he's all about his team mates. His handball ratio says he tries to get his team mates involved. He attacks the ball like a possessed bull at every contest. Always puts in 100%. Amazing drive and enthusiasm. Also In interviews hes always talking about his team mates. In my opinion he's about at team oriented as it gets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back