Scandal Joffa Corfe facing child sex charges (board rules apply)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the guy is a piece of sh*t but for context, the move to Fiji wasn't an impulsive getaway. It was on the record months upon months before it happened
It’s also convenient that australia doesnt have an extradition treaty with fiji, but hey it’s all coincidence

Bloody hell.

Paedophiles are the scum of the earth. There isn't a single thing worse you can do.

People who sympathise with pedos are just as bad imo. Some people on here should be ashamed of themselves
NO body sympathises with pedo’s, this has still got to go to court and for now no one knows anything so lets not jump the shark here.

As a society, this is one thing I don't really like,

He is already guilty as soon as that accusation has hit. In my eyes and in most of yours, he is already a paedophile and this is really scary when you think about it.

In the past, it was innocent until proven guilty. Now it's guilty until proven not guilty, never innocent again.

I really hope he gets nailed though if true.

Ok, people can defend the club but there is some pretty shady sh*t going on. These investigations don't happen overnight. Suddenly is not a club member, moves o/s. Must of come to Vic for a visit and the cops arrest him straight away. There is no way people at Collingwood didn't know about this.
I was about to post the same thing.

Suddenly moved to Fiji within days of the 14yo old boy ( at the time of alleged assault) finally talking about it as Joffa mysteriously walked away from Oz and the AFL which he loved and also the Pies.

It is all starting to add up going by the timeframe of incidents which 9 News just reported.

If he is found guilty of sexual penetration of a 14 yo boy he deserves to ******* rot in jail. Now I understand he is innocent till proven guilty and it is before the courts but the news reporting of the facts to date are truly disturbing.

I was about to post the same thing.

Suddenly moved to Fiji within days of the 14yo old boy ( at the time of alleged assault) finally talking about it as Joffa mysteriously walked away from Oz and the AFL which he loved and also the Pies.

It is all starting to add up going by the timeframe of incidents which 9 News just reported.

If he is found guilty of sexual penetration of a 14 yo boy he deserves to ******* rot in jail. Now I understand he is innocent till proven guilty and it is before the courts but the news reporting of the facts to date are truly disturbing.
Certainly doesn't look good does it?

Always wondered why he randomly stopped going to Collingwood games and moved overseas. It seemed shady af and let's be honest here, not throwing an accusation his way, but bloody hell, he probably has easier access too under-age children in a third world country like Fiji than he would in Australia. It is very shady

Unusual turn of things here. I posted a picture of Jimmy Saville this morning in this thread (noting the physical resemblance). and it was deleted within 5 minutes.
There’s no turn of things, we were being cautious when it all first came out thats all, but the same pictures are pretty much everywhere now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s not even a Collingwood member. He shouldn’t get any attention at all. He never should have been given any attention to start with.

The media were drawn to him because he liked to make a spectacle of himself. I had never seen him until they decided to focus on him. He never represented Collingwood fans. Eddie liked him and that’s it.

Nah he definitely had a closer association to the club than that. Only last year the club gave him a "special services award".

They also tried to cash in off of the bloke with some tacky merch.

This merch was based off a jacket which the club president gave him.

Mentioned in countless articles on the club website.

I'm not saying the club knew or hold responsibility, but you can't just magically distance him from the club now that this has come out. He has a long and close history with the Collingwood Football Club that goes well beyond just being an ordinary supporter.

Nah he definitely had a closer association to the club than that. Only last year the club gave him a "special services award".

They also tried to cash in off of the bloke with some tacky merch.

This merch was based off a jacket which the club president gave him.

Mentioned in countless articles on the club website.

I'm not saying the club knew or hold responsibility, but you can't just magically distance him from the club now that this has come out. He has a long and close history with the Collingwood Football Club that goes well beyond just being an ordinary supporter.
That is damning actually for the Pies.

If you think they didn’t know anything all I can say is that it is a very naive chain of thought.

I’m gonna say he wouldn’t have had a clue he was under investigation, it’s not like they tipped him off by questioning him and he ran off. This is the guy that only 2 months ago made racist comments about Indian aged care workers, if he had a whiff even 2 months ago that his arrest was around the corner he would have gone to ground and kept his trap shut.

The complaint was made against him last year, it looks like the investigation took about a year and then they nabbed him 2 weeks ago, he would have been none the wiser. No way he is leaving Fiji to return here if he knew this was going down.

I’m gonna say he wouldn’t have had a clue he was under investigation, it’s not like they tipped him off by questioning him and he ran off. This is the guy that only 2 months ago made racist comments about Indian aged care workers, if he had a whiff even 2 months ago that his arrest was around the corner he would have gone to ground and kept his trap shut.

The complaint was made against him last year, it looks like the investigation took about a year and then they nabbed him 2 weeks ago, he would have been none the wiser. No way he is leaving Fiji to return here if he knew this was going down.
Never underestimate another persons stupidity.

The timeline of events is just totally alarming.

Even though he comes across as a bit of a bogan nuffie.

The consensus I got from people that met/knew him was that he was a good bloke.

:/
Here's the thing though - child abusers don't have a big sign on their head alerting you to their predilections. I've known people who were quite charming and entertaining, only to find out later that they were child sex offenders. It's disturbing how easily some people can hide it. They will often over compensate with their moral integrity stance on life. It's a sad fact that you can't tell what's in somebody's heart or mind. The price for that is eternal vigilance - especially where your children are concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back