Scandal Joffa Corfe facing child sex charges (board rules apply)

Prince27

Debutant
Aug 9, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes, if that was the case Sydney would absolutely do an investigation. So would any club that is not a shambles off field.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

What would a football club investigate? They aren't in the slightest way any form of law enforcement when it comes to serious criminal investigations.

Seeing you seem to think that local football clubs are full of qualified detective's, I wonder if the AFP will ask for help from the Geelong membership department next time they are doing a large heroin bust?

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Whilst it's enjoyable to pile on the Pies when they do something wrong, this is not their doing.

Is it ideal that the lead of their cheer squad is being investigated for such things? No. Of course not, but it's got absolutely nothing to do with Collingwood.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Collingwood- making Rugby League clubs look like solid citizens. What a bin fire that club has become. I guess all the moddycoddling and preferential treatment they receive creates a spoilt, entitled, morally corrupt organisation. Like the only child who's never told no. McGuire has much to answer for. Unfortunately nobody in Malbun Town has the balls to stand up to him.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

What would a football club investigate? They aren't in the slightest way any form of law enforcement when it comes to serious criminal investigations.

Seeing you seem to think that local football clubs are full of qualified detective's, I wonder if the AFP will ask for help from the Geelong membership department next time they are doing a large heroin bust?

Um this is a bit of a surprising response mate. Any well run organisation would conduct an investigation if a person associated with them was accused of serious crimes to make sure that there are no surprises or issues they don't know about which could damage the organisation. It is basic management.

Does not mean Collingwood are in any way at fault here for the actions of one person, it is just what well run organisations do as a matter of course.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Whilst it's enjoyable to pile on the Pies when they do something wrong, this is not their doing.

Is it ideal that the lead of their cheer squad is being investigated for such things? No. Of course not, but it's got absolutely nothing to do with Collingwood.
Well that depends on why he was not a member and/or in cheer squad anymore.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
lmao you are so unstable.

what kind of 5 year old argument is that? Provide one, just one piece of evidence that Joffa had bad character while he was in our cheer squad, stop dodging the question like a coward and answer.

then you can answer how we’re pedo apologists. This should be good.
lol, I'll be waiting too.

Jun 26, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I doubt very much that Collingwood had any idea about this when handing him an award last year. All clubs love their supporters, and anyone as passionate, present and distinctive as Joffa is always going to grab some attention. The big sparkly jacket is as recognisable as 'Cat man' for example.
One thing is for sure though, the Pies have well documented issues with racism, assault, illegal gambling and drugs. I cant think of any which the club have handled well, so its going to be hard for them to stand up and take the moral high ground.

Unusual turn of things here. I posted a picture of Jimmy Saville this morning in this thread (noting the physical resemblance). and it was deleted within 5 minutes.

I had a rather humorous post deleted as well.

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Let's just consider how hard they would have had to search just to find that picture...

I googled "joffa carlton top" it came up with 50-60 results and managed to find this pic, but it was only there due to being linked to the article.
Just do a google image search on "joffa" by itself and I couldn't even find it. I stopped when I scrolled to the bottom and it said 'show more results'.
Somebody has gone well out of their way to find that pic to use.
a collingwood picture editor at faux news corp?

BE MINDFUL OF POSTING DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS WHICH COULD HARM ANY CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS AGAINST THE ACCUSED
BIGFOOTY IS NOT THE PLACE TO MAKE ASSERTIONS OF CHARACTER. REMAIN ON THE DISCUSSION OF THE ALLEGATIONS WITHIN MATTERS OF PUBLIC RECORD
WITH OUT THE KEYBOARD WARRIOR MENTALITY

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
a collingwood picture editor at faux news corp?
Just typed in "Joffa Corfe Carlton Jumper" and the first result is him in a Western Bulldogs Jumper.

Type in "joffa corfe footy jumper" and the first result is a Collingwood Jumper with the 2nd being a Western Bulldogs jumper

Neither search contained him in a Carlton jumper.

News Corpse would have gone out of their way to pick that images.

Split pea

Cancelled
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
You've got to be kidding yourself if you think Collingwood wont be investigating this themselves, they'll be wanting to get ahead of anything.

Club award in Feb 2020 to not a member by March 2021 (Indian remarks) makes me think Collingwood already did some investigating

Last edited:

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Just typed in "Joffa Corfe Carlton Jumper" and the first result is him in a Western Bulldogs Jumper.

Type in "joffa corfe footy jumper" and the first result is a Collingwood Jumper with the 2nd being a Western Bulldogs jumper

Neither search contained him in a Carlton jumper.

News Corpse would have gone out of their way to pick that images.

Thats not how news organisations search for art - especially when it is someone who has been covered by the media often.

That said, it's still unusual.

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
Thats not how news organisations search for art - especially when it is someone who has been covered by the media often.

That said, it's still unusual.
I know it's not but it's just an example of how obscure the image used was. Out of the assumed 100's (probably 1000's) of photos of Joffa they'd have on file nearly all of which would be in Collingwood gear they somehow chose one from over a decade ago with him in a Carlton jumper.

Even when you just search for "Jeff Corfe" or "Joffa Corfe" images in Collingwood Gear (and the WB jumper) are far more prevalent, the Carlton jumper does appear but only because the News Corpse used it yesterday (attributed to the Daily Terror).

Last edited:

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah Collingwood now have a duty to investigate any potential happenings in the cheer squad whilst Joffa was member. I don't envy the poor Collingwood employees than now have to talk to 20+ years of Collingwood Cheer Squad members.

Eddie talks to them to get game plan ideas 😂
received_513812649631018.jpeg

piepark

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2004
Nah he definitely had a closer association to the club than that. Only last year the club gave him a "special services award".

They also tried to cash in off of the bloke with some tacky merch.

This merch was based off a jacket which the club president gave him.

Mentioned in countless articles on the club website.

I'm not saying the club knew or hold responsibility, but you can't just magically distance him from the club now that this has come out. He has a long and close history with the Collingwood Football Club that goes well beyond just being an ordinary supporter.
He is a product of the Collingwood FC that promoted and idolised anyone with an ego or self inflated opinion of themselves. The average supporter couldn’t care less or had no involvement with this guy outside of what was promoted from within the club and media. For a club that doesn’t have a No. 1 ticket holder it certainly has done a fair job of pumping up wannabe celebrities and show business supporters over the years. You’d swear we were run by a TV company. Thank Christ we are entering a new era where we can follow football without all this ego driven BS that has come out of the club over the years. Hope the alleged victim is getting all the support he deserves at this time.

May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
True, he supports Collingwood.
This is where you loose all respect. If allegations are true throw the book at him but lump in "true, he supports Collingwood" suggests you are implying that this is a common thing with Collingwood supporters. Be akin to the latest allegations of a pedophile ring operating within St Kilda club and saying true, they support St Kilda.

Back